New album news!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're pretty cool lyrically too. But yeah, buy some Califone, that stuff is grand.

Oh I love their lyrics, but I guess the difference between Califone and Wilco lyrically is when I am listening to Califone for the lyrics I am thinking "oh that sounds cool" when I listen to Wilco it's "oh that sounds real" if that makes sense. But anyway do yourself a favor and find Quicksand/Cradlesnakes and Roots and Crowns first and see what you think.

--Mike

Is "My Country has Disappeared" one of the songs they played at the Bridge School shows last year?

Didn't they play two new songs? What's the name of the other song?

Yes, they played both "My Country has Disappeared" and "I'll Fight."

This is the only one I could find for now.

115.x190.cover.wilco04.jpg

Interesting composition in the picture...Jeff is obviously the dad. Glenn the mom. Pat the hormonal teenage daughter. John the youngest son. Nels and Mikael the addled teenage sons.

According to Spencer Tweedy's blog Jeff is in LA working on the new album. Interesting as the band primarily works in Chicago for pretty much everything (if I'm not mistaken some of AGIB was done in New York as well?).

According to Spencer Tweedy's blog Jeff is in LA working on the new album. Interesting as the band primarily works in Chicago for pretty much everything (if I'm not mistaken some of AGIB was done in New York as well?).

It could be that its getting mixed/mastered there.

AGIB was recorded and mixed in NY.

SBS was recorded in Chicago and mixed in LA.

Since they're working with Jim Scott again I bet he prefers to mix at some swanky LA studio. I can see him 'slumming it' at the Loft, or in New Zealand but after that- back to Hollywood.