This should open some eyes.......

Alright, I watched it. I walked out a couple of times, but I watched the whole thing. And here's my assessment. Objectivity is a victim in an editing room. With nothing else to do in my life, like living, I could make a movie promoting the man using the remainder of all of those edits.

There are way too many records to listen to rather than wasting my time on that conspiracy shit.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't "American sovereignty" a conservative notion?

(this is a French question)

It is not a matter of liberal/conservative........I am a liberal, or progressive if you will, on most social and economic matters......Would you like to loose your nation's sovereignty to a regional government like the European Union or the proposed North American Union which will make decisions for you without your input (voting) that will supersede national laws (the Constitution)?.......What do you think the G-20 is all about or NAFTA, the Amero or the proposed World Bank......Whoever controls the money controls the power........The notion of liberal versus conservative is a parlor game to distract your attention while the power elites rob you of the little wealth you have left and your civil liberties......Did you ever hear of manufactured dissent? The media is controlled by the very people (corporate) who are helping to establish this domination.....They don't care about you or me.....They want power.......Democrat/Republican, liberal/conservative, it makes no difference.......It is created to give the appearance of dissent......The dissent is only allowed to go to a certain limit, then those who push it or challenge beyond the set limit are labeled nuts or conspiracy theorists.....Look how they excluded Ron Paul from the Republican debates last year despite the fact he was getting more votes than some of the so-called leading contenders in the primaries(If you listened to what he said he was the only Rep. to make any sense)He was considered dangerous by the power elite so they stifled his access to the media ......They are all controlled by the same money interests.....Everyone is making a big deal over Jim Creamer. He works for General Electric one of the most powerful corporations on the planet which owns CNBC/MSNBC/NBC.....What would you expect him to say on his show? If he challenged Wall Street on his show as Stewart suggests he wouldn't have the show........You are all not that naive are you?

A little reading for you......

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...a&aid=12696

It is not a matter of liberal/conservative........I am a liberal, or progressive if you will, on most social and economic matters......Would you like to loose your nation's sovereignty to a regional government like the European Union or the proposed North American Union which will make decisions for you without your input (voting) that will supersede national laws (the Constitution)?.......What do you think the G-20 is all about or NAFTA, the Amero or the proposed World Bank......Whoever controls the money controls the power........The notion of liberal versus conservative is a parlor game to distract your attention while the power elites rob you of the little wealth you have left and your civil liberties......Did you ever hear of manufactured dissent? The media is controlled by the very people (corporate) who are helping to establish this domination.....They don't care about you or me.....They want power.......Democrat/Republican, liberal/conservative, it makes no difference.......It is created to give the appearance of dissent......The dissent is only allowed to go to a certain limit, then those who push it or challenge beyond the set limit are labeled nuts or conspiracy theorists.....Look how they excluded Ron Paul from the Republican debates last year despite the fact he was getting more votes than some of the so-called leading contenders in the primaries(If you listened to what he said he was the only Rep. to make any sense)He was considered dangerous by the power elite so they stifled his access to the media ......They are all controlled by the same money interests.....Everyone is making a big deal over Jim Creamer. He works for General Electric one of the most powerful corporations on the planet which owns CNBC/MSNBC/NBC.....What would you expect him to say on his show? If he challenged Wall Street on his show as Stewart suggests he wouldn't have the show........You are all not that naive are you?

Great points.

The likelihood of this happening is roughly equal to a full scale alien invasion - it

The Europeans don't seem so upset with the EU. In fact, they seem pretty healthy. What are you proposing, a new American Revolution?

The Europeans don't seem so upset with the EU. In fact, they seem pretty healthy. What are you proposing, a new American Revolution?

I have taught many students from Europe who claim most of the people there are opposed to the idea of a European Union......They have lost control of their currencies and are faced with economic collapse as we are.......These decisions as well as many political ones are made at secret meetings by the bankers and government leaders without input from the people.......Why do you think those massive protests take place whenever they are held?.....Are you aware of the violent riots breaking out all over Europe the past few months....They don't seem too happy to me.........I'm not calling for a revolution.......I'm asking people to wake up what to what is going on while they spend their time watching their 700 channels of HDTV and play their video games and listen to their ipods and spend hours texting each other about where the next party is......They (elite) are getting away with fraud, theft, and a power grab that most are missing.......You don't have to accept what I am saying but some of you don't have to be be so abusive verbally......If you are so liberal, you would listen to what others might have to say without the negative personal attacks.......I have not responded in kind because I don't want to stoop to that level......I have to go now and take some Tylenol for my paranoid fever dream (which I am sure will result in another abusive comment)........Even if 50% of what is in that video is true we are screwed if we continue to let them get away with it........It is already happening my friend.......

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/cont...0121_794144.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7452171.stm

I have taught many students from Europe who claim most of the people there are opposed to the idea of a European Union......They have lost control of their currencies and are faced with economic collapse as we are.......These decisions as well as many political ones are made at secret meetings by the bankers and government leaders without input from the people.......Why do you think those massive protests take place whenever they are held?.....Are you aware of the violent riots breaking out all over Europe the past few months....

I don't think most Europeans are opposed to the idea of a European Union, though it is certainly debated for many changes and problems it brings. But there's an economical crisis in Europe as in the States, so you see a lot of protest from the people everywhere. This isn't especially against the idea of a European Union.

I have taught many students from Europe who claim most of the people there are opposed to the idea of a European Union......They have lost control of their currencies and are faced with economic collapse as we are.......These decisions as well as many political ones are made at secret meetings by the bankers and government leaders without input from the people.......Why do you think those massive protests take place whenever they are held?.....Are you aware of the violent riots breaking out all over Europe the past few months....They don't seem too happy to me.........I'm not calling for a revolution.......I'm asking people to wake up what to what is going on while they spend their time watching their 700 channels of HDTV and play their video games and listen to their ipods and spend hours texting each other about where the next party is......They (elite) are getting away with fraud, theft, and a power grab that most are missing.......You don't have to accept what I am saying but some of you don't have to be be so abusive verbally......If you are so liberal, you would listen to what others might have to say without the negative personal attacks.......I have not responded in kind because I don't want to stoop to that level......I have to go now and take some Tylenol for my paranoid fever dream (which I am sure will result in another abusive comment)........Even if 50% of what is in that video is true we are screwed if we continue to let them get away with it........It is already happening my friend.......

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/cont...0121_794144.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7452171.stm

I guess my point is this isn't new. I don't feel hamstrung by some elitist cabal. In fact, I like the elitists. They laugh at fart jokes too. They can have all the secret meetings they want, they aren't taking away baseball or 180 gram vinyl.

And why smack people around for watching their HDTVs or playing video games? That's pretty elitist.

Nudie, if I were you, I would be defiant with some readings, cause through one of your links I found this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from...ent/7942086.stm and I can tell you right away that it's total bullshit. We didn't have this myth about Paris liberating itself. We know Americans saved Paris. The De Gaulle speech about Paris liberating itself was purely enthusiastic and patriot. Paris was just exploding of joy after five years of nightmare.

Nudie, if I were you, I would be defiant with some readings, cause through one of your links I found this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from...ent/7942086.stm and I can tell you right away that it's total bullshit. We didn't have this myth about Paris liberating itself. We know Americans saved Paris. The De Gaulle speech about Paris liberating itself was purely enthusiastic and patriot. Paris was just exploding of joy after five years of nightmare.

What does that story have to do with anything mentioned in my post? Sarkozy is one of the elite calling for a

NWO as is PM Brown.......Do you think I'm making this stuff up? Sarkozy's speech was long before the economic meltdown began brought on by the bankers that support him.......Don't you notice the use of the term New World Order being used in mainstream media more and more these days?........The very people who created the crisis are now the ones who are coming to the rescue with a plan to save us.......This is the bullshit........Don't you get it?

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/113706.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/finance...-recession.html

Are you saying most people don't listen to their ipods, play video games and spend hours watching TV?.......I don't think that is being elitist I think that is reality for much of American youth.......Would you rather watch the video I posted to start this thread or American Idol?........I am just trying to get people to think about and question the perceptions that are being offered out there that are being accepted by most as the truth.......I could probably find an article that George Bush and Dick Cheney were nice guys.......Would you believe that?

http://www.svpvril.com/nwo.html

smoke another one you stinking hippie

I suppose you have to know that there is at least one other person around here that posts this sort of thing. So, it's all been seen before. No surprise there - as most stuff gets posted over and over again.

I don't have a problem with this sort of thing, it's like ghosts or The Bermuda Triangle, there is something there, somewhere. The problem though, is the source. When I looked the guy up, I found this:

In 1998, Jones spearheaded the effort to rebuild the David Koresh-led Branch Davidian compound/church near Waco, Texas.
So - I have a hard time with what he wants me to watch after reading that.
I suppose you have to know that there is at least one other person around here that posts this sort of thing. So, it's all been seen before. No surprise there - as most stuff gets posted over and over again.

I don't have a problem with this sort of thing, it's like ghosts or The Bermuda Triangle, there is something there, somewhere. The problem though, is the source. When I looked the guy up, I found this: So - I have a hard time with what he wants me to watch after reading that.

I don't agree with everything Jones has said or done over the years.......It's just this stuff makes sense.......I used his film as starting point......I cringe at the bullhorn stuff he puts in his films.......But when one looks at the problems in the world through this prism there seems to be some answers there for what other-wise makes no sense......Why do government leaders always make the decisions they make that we all know are just the opposite of what needs to be done?......It is never in our interests........Take the bailout.......Give the very banks and investment houses that brought on this mess the trillions that they hope will trickle down to the rest of us......Obama is surrounded by these guys......Nothing is going to change IMO and I hoped that he would bring in some outsiders.......He brought in only more insiders.....More than the war criminal Bush and his pal Cheney brought in......Like anyone I pick and choose what I read or believe in......I think Jones does a good job of bringing it together in this instance.....Just trying to get some constructive debate going but it is hard to do that here with all the sophomoric and abusive comments by some........But I teach so I am used to immaturity and can deal with it......

What does that story have to do with anything mentioned in my post?

Nothing. I just observe that you should be defiant with your readings. From the link I posted, which is linked to another page you linked, I can be aware of how some articles can be insanely biaised and wrong.

So, believe what you want, but beware of being well informed, and not ill-informed.

That's all I'm saying.

Does this video recommend anything outside of opening our eyes?

That is for you to decide don't you think?.......I thought there was some good stuff in it to help explain why we are where we are in terms of being on the brink of economic collapse and why not much will be done to stop it.......I could easily have posted this.......From a liberal/Democratic leaning source on the web........

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/peter-schiff-was-right

And what/who do you think helped bring this on?......The repeal of Glass-Steagall by Larry Summers in 1990's under Clinton is one of the reasons.....He now advises Obama and is Geithner's mentor.......

From the Philadelphia Inquirer

Consider how we talk about the stock market as if it were a person (of almost divine power). The business pages ascribe it volition, motives - even feelings.

Conspiracy theories, which proliferate during periods of traumatic economic and social shifts, are a real form of protest by citizens angry over a system that makes them feel small, impotent.

Ironically, they end up reinforcing that powerlessness. Like the Greeks who preached amor fati in the face of the crushing power of Fate, conspiracy theories teach political quietism and social apathy. They shift the citizen's responsibility onto an imagined devil and make us self-identify as victims in need of salvation by a mythical hero.

I don't think the devil had anything to do with this........Real criminal minded bankers and wealthy with the intent of gaining more power then they really need are.......Nice try though........

Alright, maybe Kurt Cobain can get through to ya: Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you. Watch out Nudie, the big, bad criminal conspiracy is gonna take your lunch money.