This should open some eyes.......

Alright, maybe Kurt Cobain can get through to ya: Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you. Watch out Nudie, the big, bad criminal conspiracy is gonna take your lunch money.

No, they just took my 403 B and my wife's 401 K..........Hey, when do you start high school? You might be in my Homeroom next year...... :lol

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is with the fucking ellipsis?

I didn't know they f**k.......I think they look nice....... :stunned........Actually, I feel it makes it easier to read the whole post especially if it is a long one........Does it bother you.......I hear Obama uses them......To each their own......What's with the cursing?......

No, they just took my 403 B and my wife's 401 K..........Hey, when do you start high school? You might be in my Homeroom next year...... :lol

Oh brother am I glad I'm not in high school! You don't actually poison the poor children with this crap do you? And your ellipse use may be a problem if you teach english.

Do any of you actually have a constructive or intelligent thought in your heads?.........Such probing questioning and comments......If you don't like aspects of my posts or my style don't read them......Go argue if the new DVD is going to be in Blue-ray or not......I'll no longer respond to those who don't have a serious comment......I have to practice typing my ellipses.......Got to go, Kurt Cobain is on the phone...... :dead

Guest Speed Racer
I didn't know they f**k.......I think they look nice....... :stunned........Actually, I feel it makes it easier to read the whole post especially if it is a long one........Does it bother you.......I hear Obama uses them......To each their own......What's with the cursing?......

I read the post as if you're wheezing and gasping - or just don't know how to write - and as a result it's really hard to take the words between the ellipses seriously. My own opinion.

On the topic, well, I believe the video is crap. This is a video that would exist right now, regardless of who was in office - and I mean that insofar as the author is so clearly pushing a fringe agenda, it doesn't matter what it's subject is. The stylistic fear-mongering alone is a turn-off. I'm with Cryptique on this one - I believe in skepticism, I believe in questioning authority, but any video that uses the word 'betrayed' in regards to a presidency that, at this point, isn't old enough to be a viable fetus? Wow.

Frankly, I think we live in such a world that it is completely unreasonable to expect that any government be completely transparent. Can we move in a direction, as a WORLD, to eventually get to that point? Not in our lifetimes. As a nation, can we try to be more transparent? I hope so, and I'm going to give Obama more than 10 minutes in office before I pass judgment.

Global interdependence is an idea/ideology, yes, but it's also a fact. You're absolutely right to think that it's not about liberals vs. conservatives; this is about cooperation on a global scale, and I honestly don't think we need to put that toothpaste back in the tube. The U.S. isn't up shit creek right now, the world is, and to think that increased isolationism is going to solve that problem is even more off the mark than thinking Obama has grand plans to undermine the nation.

ANALOGY WARNING: I'm sorry, but if my neighbor's house is on fire I'm helping him put it out - there are too many strong winds too pretend I'm immune. Likewise, I'm sharing my wifi with him because it cuts my bill in half. But you know what? I don't think for a second I can walk into my neighbor's house unannounced without eliciting a call to the police or a frying pan to my forehead, and I'm pretty sure we have a mutual understanding on that one. Interdependence is not, and is not soon to be, 1984.

Do any of you actually have a constructive or intelligent thought in your heads?.........Such probing questioning and comments......If you don't like aspects of my posts or my style don't read them......Go argue if the new DVD is going to be in Blue-ray or not......I'll no longer respond to those who don't have a serious comment......I have to practice typing my ellipses.......Got to go, Kurt Cobain is on the phone...... :dead

Yes, we do, but my feeling is, why waste them in a discussion such as this? I mean, the content you

I thought I had a few there, but honestly its like beating your fist into jello. Maybe you would have considered it more serious if I had quoted Ron Paul George or Ringo. I couldn't care less about the ellipses. The crazed rants are disturbing however. Here's one more objective thought: When was it not the way it is right now? At what point in America's history were we so honorable that we avoided corruption? The answer you will avoid is never. We have never been a nation that was not corrupt. No nation has. No community has. So why beat yourself nutty when you could be listening to Neko Case?

Considering the porousness of the U.S.-Canadian and U.S.-Mexican border, we're kind of one country anyway. If it means better Canadian weed and better Mexican food, then I am all for it. I love America and I love being American, but geez Louise, if this world is actually going to make it, we all have to start working together more and stop standing on hills with our flags saying our way or no way. My Spanish is bad, but my French is OK.

Considering the porousness of the U.S.-Canadian and U.S.-Mexican border, we're kind of one country anyway. If it means better Canadian weed and better Mexican food, then I am all for it. I love America and I love being American, but geez Louise, if this world is actually going to make it, we all have to start working together more and stop standing on hills with our flags saying our way or no way. My Spanish is bad, but my French is OK.

Well said.

This is a video that would exist right now, regardless of who was in office - and I mean that insofar as the author is so clearly pushing a fringe agenda, it doesn't matter what it's subject is. The stylistic fear-mongering alone is a turn-off. I'm with Cryptique on this one - I believe in skepticism, I believe in questioning authority, but any video that uses the word 'betrayed' in regards to a presidency that, at this point, isn't old enough to be a viable fetus? Wow.

Frankly, I think we live in such a world that it is completely unreasonable to expect that any government be completely transparent. Can we move in a direction, as a WORLD, to eventually get to that point? Not in our lifetimes. As a nation, can we try to be more transparent? I hope so, and I'm going to give Obama more than 10 minutes in office before I pass judgment.

Global interdependence is an idea/ideology, yes, but it's also a fact. You're absolutely right to think that it's not about liberals vs. conservatives; this is about cooperation on a global scale, and I honestly don't think we need to put that toothpaste back in the tube. The U.S. isn't up shit creek right now, the world is, and to think that increased isolationism is going to solve that problem is even more off the mark than thinking Obama has grand plans to undermine the nation.

Yes it (the movie)would exist whoever was in office and that is the point.....I don't see it all as fear mongering.....I look past that....Stylistically, there is a lot about the movie I dislike. Take Jones' voice for one..... I particularly think the best parts of the movie are when the connections are made between the power elite and those in political power despite their party affiliation........They all have been controlled by them or they would not be in power today.......Do you think Obama just popped up out of nowhere? Do you honestly think they (elite) would have backed him if he was a threat to the staus-quo? Why would Kissinger, Zbig, Rockefeller et. al. be so supportive of him if he was out to change the world as so many (the common folk) would like him to?.......If he steps out of line he will be taken down by some scandal or some other means......I'm not an isolationist or an America Firster either.....Like I said before, I voted for Obama.......I feel he has not picked the right people to advise him......He had no choice however....Can you agree with that?......sorry for the ellipses......It's an old habit......Thanks for the response and taking the time to actually read what is being posted.....

Do you think you will be consulted on the new system they set up? What is wrong with the United States and the Constitution? Do you notice that there are no manufacturing jobs in this country anymore due to globalization? The corporartions just move on from one country to another exploiting cheap labor and then move on when the desire for bigger profit moves them.......They owe no allegiance to the idea of country so don't be fooled into thinking that they do........

Another good video for you.......Filled with liberals and conservatives alike.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=19...ntary&hl=en

I thought I had a few there, but honestly its like beating your fist into jello. Maybe you would have considered it more serious if I had quoted Ron Paul George or Ringo. I couldn't care less about the ellipses. The crazed rants are disturbing however. Here's one more objective thought: When was it not the way it is right now? At what point in America's history were we so honorable that we avoided corruption? The answer you will avoid is never. We have never been a nation that was not corrupt. No nation has. No community has. So why beat yourself nutty when you could be listening to Neko Case?

I am not beating myself nutty over this......I was just trying to start the very debate that is taking place here......I also don't like where we are headed as a nation and I am trying to find the reasons why we are headed that way, as many of you probably are........If it is part of the answer for some of you, fine......If not, I can live with it, believe me........If I was a shrinking violet do you think I would have started this thread?.......Yes, the crazed rants are disturbing but I work with crazed ranters every day and it has no affect on me.......Once in a while I might come back at them for fun if I have something witty to say but it becomes a bore after a time.....

Guest Speed Racer

(If this post has incomplete thoughts it's because I'm also cooking.)

Do you think Obama just popped up out of nowhere? Do you honestly think they (elite) would have backed him if he was a threat to the staus-quo? Why would Kissinger, Zbig, Rockefeller et. al. be so supportive of him if he was out to change the world as so many (the common folk) would like him to?

This, and your Ron Paul remarks, remind me of a distinction between the different types of important figures in politics and government. Ron Paul's role in the election, like Ralph Nader's role in so many elections, was not to actually run for and become president but instead to serve as a very necessary voice of dissent. I think that his campaign was extraordinarily important in giving a voice to a lot of people in America who voted for him and truly did want his voice to represent us as a nation. I always see campaigns as a compilation of electable candidates and opposition with microphones. Both are equally important to drawing out and representing the voices of the voters.

I was just watching Jon Stewart's appearance on Crossfire yesterday, which includes his remarks about how the presidential candidate that knows he won't win is the only one who can speak his mind.

Also, there's an important distinction to be made between change and overhaul. He promised change, let's remember. I will be completely, 100% satisfied with Obama if he simply leaves the nation and, hopefully, world, better than he found it. I don't care if that's +1 or +100. I think all of Obama's high-profile supporters, both that you refer to above and those that you don't, feel the same.

I still think the video is total, fear-mongering crap - stuff like this has and will always be around - but I do think that politicians and figures who can publicly point out fallacy in the system are as important to democracy as those who serve in an official capacity. Excluding that piece of crap. :thumbup

(If this post has incomplete thoughts it's because I'm also cooking.)

This, and your Ron Paul remarks, remind me of a distinction between the different types of important figures in politics and government. Ron Paul's role in the election, like Ralph Nader's role in so many elections, was not to actually run for and become president but instead to serve as a very necessary voice of dissent. I think that his campaign was extraordinarily important in giving a voice to a lot of people in America who voted for him and truly did want his voice to represent us as a nation. I always see campaigns as a compilation of electable candidates and opposition with microphones. Both are equally important to drawing out and representing the voices of the voters.

I was just watching Jon Stewart's appearance on Crossfire yesterday, which includes his remarks about how the presidential candidate that knows he won't win is the only one who can speak his mind.

Also, there's an important distinction to be made between change and overhaul. He promised change, let's remember. I will be completely, 100% satisfied with Obama if he simply leaves the nation and, hopefully, world, better than he found it. I don't care if that's +1 or +100. I think all of Obama's high-profile supporters, both that you refer to above and those that you don't, feel the same.

I still think the video is total, fear-mongering crap - stuff like this has and will always be around - but I do think that politicians and figures who can publicly point out fallacy in the system are as important to democracy as those who serve in an official capacity. Excluding that piece of crap. :thumbup

I don't think Ron Paul was given any chance to get his views out this past election year despite the fact he is a member of an established political party.......The same with Dennis Kusinich......That's what I was talking about when I mentioned manufactured dissent......You are only allowed to go so far or they cut you off.

Guest Speed Racer
I don't think Ron Paul was given any chance to get his views out this past election year despite the fact he is a member of an established political party.......The same with Dennis Kusinich......That's what I was talking about when I mentioned manufactured dissent......You are only allowed to go so far or they cut you off.

Both of them ran incredibly strong alternative-/non-traditional-media campaigns. Those seeking alternative viewpoints were more than able to find more Ron Paul/Kucinich/Nader than they knew what to do with. Those who were already happy with the viewpoints they were seeing likely didn't give a rat's ass about hearing anything other than what they were hearing, and those who wanted them found it. If you're already hearing what you want to hear, you're not going to go looking for it; if you're not hearing what you want, you'll look elsewhere.

To be clear, I was talking about the major media outlets like MSNBC, CNN etc.......They are considered to be the liberal media by those at FIX News but they seldom if ever gave the three being discussed the forum they deserved......My question is why? I think the answer is somewhere in that movie you don't like....... ;)

You don't have to accept what I am saying but some of you don't have to be be so abusive verbally......If you are so liberal, you would listen to what others might have to say without the negative personal attacks.......I have not responded in kind because I don't want to stoop to that level......
Do any of you actually have a constructive or intelligent thought in your heads?

:rolleyes

Who owns CNN? or MSNBC? ABC?

GENERAL ELECTRIC --

Television Holdings:

* NBC: includes 13 stations, 28% of US households.

* NBC Network News: The Today Show, Nightly News with Tom Brokaw, Meet the Press, Dateline NBC, NBC News at Sunrise.

* CNBC business television; MSNBC 24-hour cable and Internet news service (co-owned by NBC and Microsoft); Court TV (co-owned with Time Warner), Bravo (50%), A&E (25%), History Channel (25%).

The "MS" in MSNBC

means microsoft

Other Holdings:

* GE Consumer Electronics.

* GE Power Systems: produces turbines for nuclear reactors and power plants.

* GE Plastics: produces military hardware and nuclear power equipment.

* GE Transportation Systems: runs diesel and electric trains.

==================================================

WESTINGHOUSE / CBS INC.

Westinghouse Electric Company, part of the Nuclear Utilities Business Group of British Nuclear Fuels (BNFL)

whos #1 on the Board of Directors? None other than:

Frank Carlucci (of the Carlyle Group)

Television Holdings:

* CBS: includes 14 stations and over 200 affiliates in the US.

* CBS Network News: 60 minutes, 48 hours, CBS Evening News with Dan Rather, CBS Morning News, Up to the Minute.

* Country Music Television, The Nashville Network, 2 regional sports networks.

* Group W Satellite Communications.

Other Holdings:

* Westinghouse Electric Company: provides services to the nuclear power industry.

* Westinghouse Government Environmental Services Company: disposes of nuclear and hazardous wastes. Also operates 4 government-owned nuclear power plants in the US.

* Energy Systems: provides nuclear power plant design and maintenance.

================================================================

VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.

Television Holdings:

* Paramount Television, Spelling Television, MTV, VH-1, Showtime, The Movie Channel, UPN (joint owner), Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Sundance Channel (joint owner), Flix.

* 20 major market US stations.

Media Holdings:

* Paramount Pictures, Paramount Home Video, Blockbuster Video, Famous Players Theatres, Paramount Parks.

* Simon & Schuster Publishing.

=============================================

DISNEY / ABC / CAP

Television Holdings:

* ABC: includes 10 stations, 24% of US households.

* ABC Network News: Prime Time Live, Nightline, 20/20, Good Morning America.

* ESPN, Lifetime Television (50%), as well as minority holdings in A&E, History Channel and E!

* Disney Channel/Disney Television, Touchtone Television.

Media Holdings:

* Miramax, Touchtone Pictures.

* Magazines: Jane, Los Angeles Magazine, W, Discover.

* 3 music labels, 11 major local newspapers.

* Hyperion book publishers.

* Infoseek Internet search engine (43%).

Other Holdings:

* Sid R. Bass (major shares) crude oil and gas.

* All Disney Theme Parks, Walt Disney Cruise Lines.

======================================================

TIME-WARNER TBS - AOL

America Online (AOL) acquired Time Warner

Who owns CNN? or MSNBC? ABC?

GENERAL ELECTRIC --

Television Holdings:

* NBC: includes 13 stations, 28% of US households.

* NBC Network News: The Today Show, Nightly News with Tom Brokaw, Meet the Press, Dateline NBC, NBC News at Sunrise.

* CNBC business television; MSNBC 24-hour cable and Internet news service (co-owned by NBC and Microsoft); Court TV (co-owned with Time Warner), Bravo (50%), A&E (25%), History Channel (25%).

The "MS" in MSNBC

means microsoft

Other Holdings:

* GE Consumer Electronics.

* GE Power Systems: produces turbines for nuclear reactors and power plants.

* GE Plastics: produces military hardware and nuclear power equipment.

* GE Transportation Systems: runs diesel and electric trains.

==================================================

WESTINGHOUSE / CBS INC.

Westinghouse Electric Company, part of the Nuclear Utilities Business Group of British Nuclear Fuels (BNFL)

whos #1 on the Board of Directors? None other than:

Frank Carlucci (of the Carlyle Group)

Television Holdings:

* CBS: includes 14 stations and over 200 affiliates in the US.

* CBS Network News: 60 minutes, 48 hours, CBS Evening News with Dan Rather, CBS Morning News, Up to the Minute.

* Country Music Television, The Nashville Network, 2 regional sports networks.

* Group W Satellite Communications.

Other Holdings:

* Westinghouse Electric Company: provides services to the nuclear power industry.

* Westinghouse Government Environmental Services Company: disposes of nuclear and hazardous wastes. Also operates 4 government-owned nuclear power plants in the US.

* Energy Systems: provides nuclear power plant design and maintenance.

================================================================

VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.

Television Holdings:

* Paramount Television, Spelling Television, MTV, VH-1, Showtime, The Movie Channel, UPN (joint owner), Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Sundance Channel (joint owner), Flix.

* 20 major market US stations.

Media Holdings:

* Paramount Pictures, Paramount Home Video, Blockbuster Video, Famous Players Theatres, Paramount Parks.

* Simon & Schuster Publishing.

=============================================

DISNEY / ABC / CAP

Television Holdings:

* ABC: includes 10 stations, 24% of US households.

* ABC Network News: Prime Time Live, Nightline, 20/20, Good Morning America.

* ESPN, Lifetime Television (50%), as well as minority holdings in A&E, History Channel and E!

* Disney Channel/Disney Television, Touchtone Television.

Media Holdings:

* Miramax, Touchtone Pictures.

* Magazines: Jane, Los Angeles Magazine, W, Discover.

* 3 music labels, 11 major local newspapers.

* Hyperion book publishers.

* Infoseek Internet search engine (43%).

Other Holdings:

* Sid R. Bass (major shares) crude oil and gas.

* All Disney Theme Parks, Walt Disney Cruise Lines.

======================================================

TIME-WARNER TBS - AOL

America Online (AOL) acquired Time Warner

Do you think you will be consulted on the new system they set up? What is wrong with the United States and the Constitution? Do you notice that there are no manufacturing jobs in this country anymore due to globalization? The corporartions just move on from one country to another exploiting cheap labor and then move on when the desire for bigger profit moves them.......They owe no allegiance to the idea of country so don't be fooled into thinking that they do........

Another good video for you.......Filled with liberals and conservatives alike.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=19...ntary&hl=en

Dude, I didn't expect to be consulted on ANY system they set up, and I certainly don't think THEY have any overwhelming allegiance to Los Estados Unidos or any other country. Do you need to go look at the Ned Beatty scene in "Network" again? The U.S. Constitution is a beautiful thing, but it doesn't, apparently, guarantee the capitalist system will always work in our favor.

Do corporations hold far too much power, absolutely. Are politicians far too beholden to corporate interests, without a doubt. Is Obama the antidote to this unfortunate reality, hell no. Is the mainstream media an enabler, positively. Where you go wrong, is in assuming there is an organized, nefarious plot to usurp the government in favor of an all powerful world-wide super government of some sort. That

Do corporations hold far too much power, absolutely. Are politicians far too beholden to corporate interests, without a doubt. Is Obama the antidote to this unfortunate reality, hell no. Is the mainstream media an enabler, positively. Where you go wrong, is in assuming there is an organized, nefarious plot to usurp the government in favor of an all powerful world-wide super government of some sort. That’s entirely fiction - i.e. - a crazed rant.

Why is that crazy? You think all of these people are acting independently and it just so happens that they're all full of shit? Its just a coincidence these people have the ability to shape our society? With their power you think they have no end goal? This is America we are imperialist capitalists the name of the game is go big or go home.