Abstainers make your pledge

I the undersigned Wilco fan do solemnly swear that I will not willingly listen to the next officially released record by the rock band Wilco until it's official release date. I will not read any threads with titles to the effect of it's leaked. If I fail in said pledge i will accept any punishment worse than death, or worse, that I see fit to visit upon my mine own body and soul.

Sign here........................................

Feel free to add your own conditions or alterations

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only songs I heard from Sky Blue Sky prior to buying the album were the ones I heard live. I plan to do the same for this album. I'll pinky swear or whatever if you'd like me to, but I've always found it more enjoying to hold out until the actual release day for the albums I'm most eagerly awaiting.

For the past two Wilco albums, this has been my method: I will not listen to any new songs unless I hear them in person. I won't even listen to live recordings of the shows I saw (I skip new songs.) This is simply because I love the only memory and association I have for a song to be in-person impressions, including visuals.

I will listen to a leak of the new record, as long as I have the entire finished product and know the songs are in the right order. The street date doesn't make much difference to me, but the complete concept does.

I'm in! tho I did download 'One Wing' and 'Sunny Feeling' back when Wilco first started playing them. I do listen to 'One Wing' on a regular basis, from the show I attended, but I can't remember how 'Sunny Feeling' even sounds...its been so long. oh yeah, I also caught that Colbert episode but that doesn't count.

I'd like to wish everyone the best of luck....we will need it. :mellow

im big on this. i will not listen to it, and be first in line at best buy the day of. remember the days where you had to do that to hear a record? i dont, but still.

wonder what will come first- site stream or full leak somewhere else online.

Site stream - audio rip - leak - furious bitching and moaning - kung fu fighting - lots of "it's no YHF".