Abstainers make your pledge

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear I was just checking to see if the stream worked. I really wasn't going to listen!

OK, so since I had my headphones on anyway, I listened to Wilco The Song, because let's face it, it's not even a new song any more! (massive rationalization alert!)

And then before I could stop the stream, the first few notes of Deeper Down came on, and I was like a deer caught in headlights! :omg And it was the ONE song I really wanted to hear since Jeff debuted it solo at our living room show. :worship

But I stopped after that. I just have to save something for later. I think.

I had been toying with the idea of abstaining for the last couple of months.

Then I saw last night that it had leaked, and it was as if I was dying of thirst in the vast expanse of a desert and I suddenly came upon a few drops of water. On a camel, no less.

I had no chance.

Maybe just ONE listen. That won't hurt me. People say it's addicting, but screw that. I got will power.

I'm holding strong now, but will I last a month and a half? Maybe they'll release it early now.. :pray

Guest Speed Racer
I streamed! There I admitted it.

I feel dirty now. Not as dirty as downloading a leak, but dirty none the less.

That whole post is so unbelievably inappropriate I don't know where to begin. :lol

edit: particularly considering the subject of the thread.

Guest Speed Racer
Girl, get your mind out of the gutter. :lol

I laughed so hard in my cubicle I was crying. The co-workers already think I'm nuts because all I can talk about is the leak and the record and I'm grinning, but wih the crying I got a lot of "CARM DOWN" looks. :lol