Original Albums redone.....

Once in awhile .......you have bands redoing whole records...........I remember one band re-doining

the Ramones-"Plesant Dreams " record.....to great effect (I forget who now.....)

My one choice right now........

Wilco to re-do.........The Moody Blues-- "Long Distance Voyager"

-Robert

I can't think of any artist that has redone an album, but I would love to redo Weezer's Blue Album. I practically grew up on the album and know it by heart. If I had the time, I would redo the whole thing playing every instrument, vocal part, the whole deal. :dancing

Once in awhile .......you have bands redoing whole records...........I remember one band re-doining

the Ramones-"Plesant Dreams " record.....to great effect (I forget who now.....)

My one choice right now........

Wilco to re-do.........The Moody Blues-- "Long Distance Voyager"

-Robert

Ellipsis...Printing. a mark or marks as

Phish doing the Beatles...I've heard a lot about this but I cannot verify the goodness or badness of their efforts, because the junk is out of print.

Phish covered whole albums for awhile in the 90's during their halloween shows.

They covered the white album, talking heads Remain in the Light , the who's quadraphenia, and the velvet undergrounds loaded.

As to the status of in/out of print......these shows were originaly distributed as bootlegs. Phish.com may have released them as offical releases, so you should check because I have heard their cover of the white album and it is fun( and good depending on your horizon of expectation).

spongebob

I am pretty sure "Oysterhead" or some Les Claypool group re-made Pink Floyd's "Animals" album.

Rose Hill Drive picks a classic album and does it in it's entirety on New Years Eve every year. So far they have done Band of Gypsy's, Zep I, Zep II.

Phish covered whole albums for awhile in the 90's during their halloween shows.

They covered the white album, talking heads Remain in the Light , the who's quadraphenia, and the velvet undergrounds loaded.

As to the status of in/out of print......these shows were originaly distributed as bootlegs. Phish.com may have released them as offical releases, so you should check because I have heard their cover of the white album and it is fun( and good depending on your horizon of expectation).

spongebob

Loaded was part of a 3-cd live release. If anyone wants to help me acquire just Loaded, feel free to PM me.

Ryan Adams apparently covered The Strokes' Is This It back in 2002 on a fourtrack in his basement. He supposedly redid the album in a bluesy style. I've never heard it though and I'm pretty sure it's never surfaced yet. I would love to hear it though.

Ryan Adams apparently covered The Strokes' Is This It back in 2002 on a fourtrack in his basement. He supposedly redid the album in a bluesy style. I've never heard it though and I'm pretty sure it's never surfaced yet. I would love to hear it though.

I remember reading that in an interview in Rolling Stone. That guy has some free time on his hands. I wonder if it's available anywhere.

I am pretty sure "Oysterhead" or some Les Claypool group re-made Pink Floyd's "Animals" album.

I have a show from the 9:30 Club where the FFB did this. Awesome.

They also cover Crimson's "Thela Hun Ginjeet". Well. :thumbup

I have a show from the 9:30 Club where the FFB did this. Awesome.

They also cover Crimson's "Thela Hun Ginjeet". Well. :thumbup

Is it available anywhere? Worth getting? Animals is actually one of my favorite albums.

Redd Kross (or at least Steve MacDonald) added bass to White Stripes' _White Blood Cells_ and called it _Redd Blood Cells_

reddblood350.jpg

http://www.reddkross.com/features/RBC/