I Would Do Anything For Love - Meatloaf

Lying Eyes - Eagles

Fine choices all.

My votes go to:

Every rose has its thorn - Poison

You oughta knowIronic - Alanis Morissette

Fixed

Umm these are good songs.

Couldn't agree more - everyone loves them some Eddie Money - but some can't admit it :lol

I heard "Shakin'" the other day and was reminded of fond memories of seeing Eddie Money for free at town festivals and this kick-butt video: Shakin'

And for Huey Lewis, come on, he was super cool in the day!

Couldn't agree more - everyone loves them some Eddie Money - but some can't admit it :lol

I heard "Shakin'" the other day and was reminded of fond memories of seeing Eddie Money for free at town festivals and this kick-butt video: Shakin'

And for Huey Lewis, come on, he was super cool in the day!

I think both of them are a lot of fun.

Well, Huey Lewis was better than a lot of what was coming out then. The late 80's really sucked. I can't think of anything that came out my senior year of high school that I would listen to today. In fact, that is my list of songs that make me want to lay down and die. Everything that was played on the radio (WOUR 96.9, Utica, NY) in 1987.

I can't think of anything that came out my senior year of high school that I would listen to today. In fact, that is my list of songs that make me want to lay down and die. Everything that was played on the radio (WOUR 96.9, Utica, NY) in 1987.

Ouch!

No Joshua Tree? No Sign O The Times? No Pleased to Meet Me? No By the Light of the Moon? Those are 4 1987 albums that still get play on my stereo...

"Sweet Home Alabama" - I hear this on the radio driving to & from work at least 3 times a week (actually I only hear the intro/"turn it up" part because that's how long it takes for me to hit the scan button)

Ouch!

No Joshua Tree? No Sign O The Times? No Pleased to Meet Me? No By the Light of the Moon? Those are 4 1987 albums that still get play on my stereo...

OK,OK, I was typing by the seat of my pants. Let me amend my response. I didn't have access to college radio during high school, so I'll say that anything being played on my local radio station that came out in 1987 is on my list. WOUR certainly wasn't playing the Replacements. As for Joshua Tree, my freshman roommate played it incessantly. Seriously, from when she got up for her fucking 8 am classes until she went to bed at night. She played it as she was falling asleep. It was good for the first 800 times, then it got a little old. It was her only CD. Actually she may have had it on cassette. What I wouldn't have done to have ipods then. She completely ruined that album for me. Beth, if you're out there, I'll never forgive you.

"Sweet Home Alabama" - I hear this on the radio driving to & from work at least 3 times a week (actually I only hear the intro/"turn it up" part because that's how long it takes for me to hit the scan button)

The perfect example of how the wrong type of marketing can ruin a band. At the core, great songs, great lead singer, great great great. They willingly (i think) allowed themselves to become genre driven, image driven, prostituted out to the point where people immediately chuckle now when they are mentioned. Kind of sad.