Knoxville roll call!

I am so ready for this show! :stunned

1. Pre-show meetups anywhere?

2. This show is happening on record store day, and I'd sure like to know where I can pick up a few items (i.e. new Wilco DVD duh!!! ). Which is the best record store participating?

3. I'm thinking about Pricelining a hotel, and they ask what section of town? I have no idea!!!

Thanks for any help!

Can't wait to see/meet a bunch of you guys!

:dancing

I have tickets to the show and a hotel booked, and I intend to drive up from Atlanta, followed by two nights in Cloudland Canyon with my wife and dog. Unfortunately, my wife's grandma is in hospice, so we might wind up having to cancel at the last minute. :( x 2

I'll be there, Music Today Lord willing and the USPS don't run dry.

I am so ready for this show! :stunned

1. Pre-show meetups anywhere?

2. This show is happening on record store day, and I'd sure like to know where I can pick up a few items (i.e. new Wilco DVD duh!!! ). Which is the best record store participating?

3. I'm thinking about Pricelining a hotel, and they ask what section of town? I have no idea!!!

Thanks for any help!

Can't wait to see/meet a bunch of you guys!

:dancing

1. Haven't heard about any, but there are several great bars within walking distance of the Tennessee Theatre, including the aforementioned DG&B, the Bistro, and several bars and restaurants on Market Square. I recommend the Preservation Pub.

2. The best record store in town is the Disc Exchange on Chapman Highway, and I know they have some events/promotions lined up for record store day.

3. You will probably want to stay in the downtown/UT campus area. There are nice hotels in West Knoxville and by the airport too, but the venue is downtown. Campus is right next to downtown.

I'll be there!! :rock :dancing I'm still thinking that I'll drive home that night instead of staying, though. I can't wait to see you guys - we definitely need to arrange a pre-show meetup.

Yay! Should be a good time. :rock

As far as record stores go, the two best record stores in terms of used vinyl in my opinion are Basement Records and Lost and Found Records. I'm not sure whether or not they are really doing anything special for Record Store Day, but if you have time they are the best place to find good vinyl in Knoxville.

Disc Exchange and Cat's Music (on Kingston Pike) are both participating in the festivities of Record Store Day, so either one of those might be a good bet for the Wilco DVD.

Hey Wendy, and everyone else,

I'm in for the Knoxville, Athens, Asheville trifecta. Will be driving from Richmond which is around 6 or 7 hours, so I'm open for meetups pre or post show. Will be with two others from the board, Greg

The Downtown Grill and Brewery and Preservation Pub stay open until 3am. Several places in the Old City stay open until 2am. The Crown Plaza downtown is probably the most conveniently located hotel downtown.

Also there is a sushi place (Nama Sushi Bar) on the same street as the venue, about 4-5 blocks away.

Also there is a sushi place (Nama Sushi Bar) on the same street as the venue, about 4-5 blocks away.

Nama has a great happy hour from 4-6 with $2 pints, half price rolls, and other deals on wine/sake.

I'm pretty sure that they offer it on the weekends too.

We'll be there! :dancing :thumbup

This message from The Disc Exchange site: "Starting at 2:00 we will be screening the Wilco DVD - Ashes of American Flags complete with prize pack give aways!!"

Sounds like we may have to get festivities started in the afternoon!

details here

I think we have a party brewing! :beer Maybe staying downtown is the best idea afterall, but I wonder how late these places stay open post-show.

More details ... :dancing

the old city is pretty close to the tenn. theater and will definitely have bars open until 2 i would think. i also agree that staying downtown is the best option.

looking forward to the show.

I'm coming up from Gulfport,Ms and we are staying in the Sheraton downtown I think, my cousin booked the rooms. I know it's a long drive and I will see them at the Jazz Fest the following week but really want to see a full set. Can't get off during the week and this is the cloest weekend show.....So there you go, ROADTRIP!

We'll be there! :dancing :thumbup

This message from The Disc Exchange site: "Starting at 2:00 we will be screening the Wilco DVD - Ashes of American Flags complete with prize pack give aways!!"

Sounds like we may have to get the festivities started in the afternoon!

details here

Wow thanks Heather! Disc Exchange sounds like a great place to meet up! And live music too! What a fun day this is going to be! :w00t

from Disc Exchange's website:

Live Music All Day From:

Van Eaton & Friends (noon)

Greg Koons (1:00)

the Rockwells (3:30)

Wild Sweet Orange (4:30)

the Tenderhooks (5:30)

John Paul Keith & the One Four Fives (6:30)

Cutthroat Shamrock (7:30)

damn!!! why haven't i received my pre-sale tickets to this show? sent an email to the company last friday and they said the tickets haven't been sent out. has anyone had a similar experience with pre-sale? the show is in a week!!

Tell me when and where and I'm down. I think I got about a 6 hour drive, so I'm good around 3 or so. I may go to some of the local Record Store Day festivities. Isn't Ashes being shown somewhere in K'Ville? I thought I saw that somewhere.

Tell me when and where and I'm down. I think I got about a 6 hour drive, so I'm good around 3 or so. I may go to some of the local Record Store Day festivities. Isn't Ashes being shown somewhere in K'Ville? I thought I saw that somewhere.

Yep, here's the info. I'm planning on going to this, if I can get up early enough (i have about a 4 1/2 hour drive). Wendy's planning on going as well, I think, but I don't want to speak for her.