Laziest tv series ending ever.  Most unanswered questions of any tv series ever, by a million light years.  This series had its moments and was a good concept in theory, but I rate this show CRAP for how massively it was bungled and how far out of control it got from its creators. 

Apparently you never saw the Dexter finale.  

Lost was in no way perfect, but it certainly wasn't as bad as you make it out.  

LOST is great.  I'd put it just under Deadwood and the first 3 seasons of West Wing, somewhere in the general vicinity of Breaking Bad.  It's not the show's fault that people didn't get the ending, or the last season for that matter.

Apparently you never saw the Dexter finale.  

Lost was in no way perfect, but it certainly wasn't as bad as you make it out.  

I didn't think the Dexter finale was as bad as it's reputation would lead one to believe.  That, however, could be because I watched it with the awareness that it had been heavily criticized, so I was expecting something really stupid. 

It's not the show's fault that people didn't get the ending, or the last season for that matter.

What was there to get?

this page has a good collection of information of course, but the larger message in the show, in my opinion, is how humans need each other, and how they experience god or a higher power through interactions with other humans.  The show wasn't about how the smoke monster operated, but the relationships and spiritual experiences the characters had.  

Recently started Les Revenants, though, and that's been pretty great through 3 episodes.

Just finished season 1 of this on Netflix.  Very, very strange, but also really compelling to keep watching.  Creepy but creative.

I didn't think the Dexter finale was as bad as it's reputation would lead one to believe.  That, however, could be because I watched it with the awareness that it had been heavily criticized, so I was expecting something really stupid. 

well it was really stupid.    

• 1 year later...

Oh god no, please no more Lost talk! It still burns, it buuuurns!

For all of that shows failings, it was one of a kind.  Looking back on it, it came at the perfect time.  I don;t think it could work today, nor anytime before.  Where the internet was at the time really had a lot to do with it.