Bob, Neil etc......still relevant in 2009?

And, fwiw, not even Bob Dylan in his "prime" could have written a song like Not Dark Yet. I think Dylan, in some ways, is as good as if not better than he's ever been. (in some ways).

this all the way. "Love & Theft" is my favorite record of all time. i fully believe that Dylan's latter-day work stands right besides any of his 60s of 70s albums. "Floater (Too Much To Ask)," "Nettie Moore," "Sugar Baby"....nothing short of stunning in every aspect.

-justin

I think both are relevant, today. They might not be in their "prime", but I don't think that really matters. Socially I think they both have something to say, whether it be through their music, causes, or interviews.

Even Dylan admits he can't write songs they way he used to. Below is a segment from his 60 Minutes interview with the late great Ed Bradley.

Over more than four decades, Dylan has produced 500 songs and more than 40 albums. Does he ever look back at the music he's written with surprise?

"I used to. I don't do that anymore. I don't know how I got to write those songs. Those early songs were almost magically written," says Dylan, who quotes from his 1964 classic, "It's Alright, Ma."

"Try to sit down and write something like that. There's a magic to that, and it's not Siegfried and Roy kind of magic, you know? It's a different kind of a penetrating magic. And, you know, I did it. I did it at one time."

Does he think he can do it again today? No, says Dylan. "You can't do something forever," he says. "I did it once, and I can do other things now. But, I can't do that."

That Bradley interveiw you quoted there seems to sum it up nicely, calvino. :thumbup

I think both are relevant, today. They might not be in their "prime", but I don't think that really matters. Socially I think they both have something to say, whether it be through their music, causes, or interviews.

Even Dlyan admits he can't write songs they way he used to. Below is a segment from his 60 Minutes interview with the late great Ed Bradley.

That kind of hits the nail of the head I suppose. I like the line "I did it once, and I can do other things now. But, I can't do that." I've just been listening to 'Love and Theft' and it does have some really strong songs on it. As mentioned earlier in the thread you gotta love 'Po Boy'.