Ashes DVD- Full Concert Download 4/18

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's how I got it to work. I had to quit my browser and then try again, going to the members section of the Roadcase:

http://wilcoworld.net/roadcase/members/member.php

Once I logged in, I was subscribed to both the Ashes audio and the DC show, as shown in links in the upper left corner of the page. Clicking on the DC link started a download of the show.

Hope this helps some of you who might be having trouble with this...

Okay, here's how I got it to work. I had to quit my browser and then try again, going to the members section of the Roadcase:

Once I logged in, I was subscribed to both the Ashes audio and the DC show, as shown in links in the upper left corner of the page. Clicking on the DC link started a download of the show.

OK, I am getting the audio but no DC show. I did what you said and the DC show does not show up as one of my subscriptions. Thoughts? Anyone else got this pulled down??

Thanks,

Dave

OK, I am getting the audio but no DC show. I did what you said and the DC show does not show up as one of my subscriptions. Thoughts? Anyone else got this pulled down??

Thanks,

Dave

Never mind....I figured it out. Thanks!

Dave

Is anyone not able to get the JT/Sunken Treasure download to work?

I have it but I thought I would download it anyway and see if there are any differences in quality.

Thank you Wilco. This is all very great stuff.

The audio is nowhere near as good as K/T though...

seems like Jeff's voice and acoustic guitar are up WAY too high in some of the songs, to me at least.

I was at this show, cool! Kinda bummed the 930 footage was from the night before but whatchagonnado. I like this set list better anyway. I agree that the sound is not as good as K/T, this sounds pretty similiar to a tapers verion I downloaded, less crowd noise is the main thing. I think this show was streamed on NPR as well, might be that feed. Thanks Wilco!

I now have both the audio to the DVD and the DC show.

I want to thank everyone on this site for the help. I know I would not have been able to figure out this process without the aid of some very cool and helpful Wilco fans.

This site is the best and everyone's assistance and patience is much appreciated.

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

I managed to get over to my local record store, Rough Trade, and pick up the Wilco dvd yesterday and just managed to sort out the audio downloads and DC gig!

Thanks Wilco for your continual generosity!!! :)

The audio is nowhere near as good as K/T though...

seems like Jeff's voice and acoustic guitar are up WAY too high in some of the songs, to me at least.

The Kicking Television CD sounded impersonal and nervous. Ive seen Wilco live multiple times, and their shows are nothing like that.

It's almost like Jeff knew the show was going to be used for the album, and tires too hard to make the band sound perfect. It results in a soulless group of songs. It my least favorite thing the band has ever done. I can see why they decided NOT to release it on DVD.

The Kicking Television CD sounded impersonal and nervous. Ive seen Wilco live multiple times, and their shows are nothing like that.

It's almost like Jeff knew the show was going to be used for the album, and tires too hard to make the band sound perfect. It results in a soulless group of songs. It my least favorite thing the band has ever done. I can see why they decided NOT to release it on DVD.

I agree, and Kicking Television was not continuous, but a grouping of what they felt were the best songs. I love how this continuous show captures the mess-ups and what not. Also, I love AGIB but K/T was VERY heavy on that. I think Remember The Mountain Bed is my favorite track from this DC show

Thanks so much for this--! Very helpful!

I watched the movie last night--it was amazing! It really captured the energy of the band...I need to watch it again...I'm stunned!

man, didn't realize there was so much hate for K/T.

I think its a fantastic live album. wish there was a bit more banter, but the sound is spot on and the performances are great. i think jeff's nervousness or whatever you feel it is, maybe that was just his demeanor at the time.

man, didn't realize there was so much hate for K/T.

I think its a fantastic live album. wish there was a bit more banter, but the sound is spot on and the performances are great. i think jeff's nervousness or whatever you feel it is, maybe that was just his demeanor at the time.

it sounds alright, but the actual performances seem to missing something to me. After seeing them live I was extremely disappointed that KT didn't remind me of any of their live performances. There is almost no excitement.

it sounds alright, but the actual performances seem to missing something to me. After seeing them live I was extremely disappointed that KT didn't remind me of any of their live performances. There is almost no excitement.

You are entitled to your opinion. I don't agree at all. The shows were spectacular. I don't think there is a better intro into spiders anywhere. The band is so focused on these performances. Night three was easily the best Wilco show I've ever seen (32 Wilco shows). Rolling Stone (I realize they aren't held in the highest regard here) had this in their best live albums list recently.

Sure did.

Thanks!

I just finished watching the film for the first time, and loved it. Hope to see it on the big screen in TO in June!

I had to re-register with a different email address, and now I am currently downloading both files.

Looks like I have to re-register too.

Yeah I know this download stuff is a free handout, but they really should get it working right. .

the dvd is awesome! i am partial to the 9:30 show parts, but have to admit am so jealous i didn't make that ryman show. wow! downloads are downloading away! catch it on the big screen this saturday!

:stunned