East Coast dates?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those going to Wolf Trap don't forget to request a song! I requested "How to Fight Loneliness."

When you request the song and click submit, it automatically comes up.   Also, this comes up, too.     Top Ten Requests All Time   Misunderstood California Stars Remember the Mountain Bed At Least

Posted Images

When do you think Wilco will announce east coast dates in and around cities like Philly, NYC, Boston etc... I need to see them this year! Any rumors going around?

I don't hear any rumors, but the schedule doesn't look good right now unless they squeeze in a few dates between Bonnaroo and the west coast swing. I'd guess we're looking at mid-July at the earliest (I'm in DC), but I'm keeping hope alive.

I'm guessing they'll announce the rest of the summer dates within the next few weeks. There's no doubt they're going to be on the road for most of the summer, since the album will be coming out, and they always play plenty of east coast shows. I'm looking forward to some cool amphitheaters and other outdoor venues.

Since Feb. 08 I've seen Wilco or Jeff Tweedy five times in the New England/NYC area and could have gone to two more if I really wanted to.......I've got a feeling that they might not pass this way again until late in the year or not at all......Just my take on it.......

I spoke with Glenn a few weeks ago at Bang in a Can show in philly and he said they are definately going to be around philly in late summer (I'm thinkin July/August)

You are one step ahead of me, Maggie.

Can you check the schedule for Tanglewood for me? :cheekkiss

No Wilco there, either. I did that the other day :lol

With the new album coming out, my guess is that they'll tour pretty much all summer. There's no way the east coast is going to have to wait until the end of the year for them to come back.

Are there any rules about where a band can play beofre and after Bonnaroo?

I know with Lollapalooza, they had some sort of "can't play anywhere within 500 miles 1 month before and 1 month after ... " type of thing (don't quote me on that clause, it's just an example of a restriction a band accepted when they agreed to play Lolla).

I spoke with Glenn a few weeks ago at Bang in a Can show in philly and he said they are definately going to be around philly in late summer (I'm thinkin July/August)

thats what I'm talking about!!! Electric Factory or Penn's Landing please!

Are there any rules about where a band can play beofre and after Bonnaroo?

I know with Lollapalooza, they had some sort of "can't play anywhere within 500 miles 1 month before and 1 month after ... " type of thing (don't quote me on that clause, it's just an example of a restriction a band accepted when they agreed to play Lolla).

I don't think so. Phish is playing Knoxville the day before Bonnaroo.

thats what I'm talking about!!! Electric Factory or Penn's Landing please!

Oh god, please not the Electric Factory. That's one of the worst places I've ever seen a show. It's a cinderblock shoebox, and the sound is horrible. There aren't really many small outdoor venues in Philly, are there?

Oh god, please not the Electric Factory. That's one of the worst places I've ever seen a show. It's a cinderblock shoebox, and the sound is horrible. There aren't really many small outdoor venues in Philly, are there?

maybe the mann centre but that is kind of middle of the road... I would say they would play at the tower in philly.

All I can say is -- dear god in heaven, please don't let the NYC dates be july 12-15 -- I've a conference I have to work at. It's in NYC, but I have a feeling my boss won't be too keen on me leaving early to see my boys. Especially for a General Admission show when I have to get on line 3 hours (at least) before the doors open.

Please pray with me . . . not July 12-15, not July 12 - 15, not July 12 - 15.

PS -- The Wellmont in Montclair would be great. I saw Morrissey there and its a cool venue (and just - according to google -- 18 minutes from my house.)

Speaking of Morrissey -- he can do magic. He turns a room full of 40ish men into 16 year old girls. Kind a cute to see these balding, paunchy guys swooning when Morrissey took off his shirt. (I swooned too -- he look great!)

So far only Tom Jones, Gordon Lightfoot, Joan Baez, and B.B. King listed. It appears IHEG no longer books the shows there, since the Pines is no longer listed on their website. Hopefully that's not their full lineup for the summer!

That's interesting about the Pines. I was hoping that with Tony M. setting up shop in Noho our recent run of "local" (100 mile radius) shows would continue. I check the Tanglewood website daily - that was a magical night and I had the sense that if it was up to the band, they would be back. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

I hope they play Merriweather but I'm guessing they won't. A show in Cary/Raleigh again would of course be awesome.

According to a post on the 930 Club's forum, Wilco will play at Wolf Trap in Vienna, VA on July 8th.

nope

But my God, that venue looks incredible.