East Coast dates?

The 930 Forum post said it was revealed through an email to Wolf Trap members, so it seems to be set.

And as for it not being the 8th, Wolf Trap's schedule doesn't have anything for that day at the Filene Center, which is where Wilco would play.

I've heard Wolf Trap is a neat place to see a show. So I'm psyched for Wilco there.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those going to Wolf Trap don't forget to request a song! I requested "How to Fight Loneliness."

When you request the song and click submit, it automatically comes up.   Also, this comes up, too.     Top Ten Requests All Time   Misunderstood California Stars Remember the Mountain Bed At Least

Posted Images

Hadn't seen it mentioned here yet -- and I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, except that I guess Wilco will not be playing on Aug. 1 -- but Nels and Mike Watt will apparently be opening up at M. Ward's free Central Park Summerstage show that day.

Brooklyn Vegan had an item about it the other day. To add to their coverage a little bit, Nels said that he and Watt will be playing together (of course) in a group that also includes Yuka Honda and maybe one or two others. Apparently they'll be doing an improv-heavy project that Watt has wanted to do for a while.

The 930 Forum post said it was revealed through an email to Wolf Trap members, so it seems to be set.

And as for it not being the 8th, Wolf Trap's schedule doesn't have anything for that day at the Filene Center, which is where Wilco would play.

I've heard Wolf Trap is a neat place to see a show. So I'm psyched for Wilco there.

sorry about the problem, I thought they just had that (very incredible looking) wooden amphitheater thing. If so, I'm gonna make that drive.

sorry about the problem, I thought they just had that (very incredible looking) wooden amphitheater thing. If so, I'm gonna make that drive.

I've never actually been to Wolf Trap, but I know it has more than one venue. The Filene Center is the pavilion/lawn setup. I don't think it's as big as Merriweather, but I'm not sure of it's actual capacity, so I can't really gage this thing's likeliness to sell out. But Wilco seems to be heading up into a more public "Great American Bands" list, so who knows.

I've never actually been to Wolf Trap, but I know it has more than one venue. The Filene Center is the pavilion/lawn setup. I don't think it's as big as Merriweather, but I'm not sure of it's actual capacity, so I can't really gage this thing's likeliness to sell out. But Wilco seems to be heading up into a more public "Great American Bands" list, so who knows.

It looks about 7-8,000 so I'd say it probably could. I saw them at Koka Booth Ampitheatre in Cary, NC and that looked ridiculously packed so I don't know.

It looks about 7-8,000 so I'd say it probably could. I saw them at Koka Booth Ampitheatre in Cary, NC and that looked ridiculously packed so I don't know.

It's a great venue. My favorite outdoor space in the DC area.

Capacity is ~6700 and this is one of the nicer details about the place:

Patrons are permitted to bring in food and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in any type container except kegs. Patrons cannot bring any food or drink into the seated area except bottled water, but can eat and drink in picnic areas and on the lawn.

I'm sure you have all seen this, but an e-mail from WilcoHQ this morning stated:

"We're just back from mastering the record... so it's done & in the can and everyone's ready to hit the road all spring, summer and beyond. The dates and presales are going up fast and furious.

Already on sale are: Berkeley and Lake Tahoe (Stateline, NV).

Just announced: Cincinnati, Oklahoma City, El Paso, Tucson, Pomona and two shows in LA

And more are coming very shortly. We'll hit you with another email later this week detailing further plans for the East coast in July."

I'm sure you have all seen this, but an e-mail from WilcoHQ this morning stated:

"We're just back from mastering the record... so it's done & in the can and everyone's ready to hit the road all spring, summer and beyond. The dates and presales are going up fast and furious.

Already on sale are: Berkeley and Lake Tahoe (Stateline, NV).

Just announced: Cincinnati, Oklahoma City, El Paso, Tucson, Pomona and two shows in LA

And more are coming very shortly. We'll hit you with another email later this week detailing further plans for the East coast in July."

East coast dates!!!! First year I am ready and willing to travel anywhere from VA to Maine to see Wilco, looking to see em in twice, hopefully a western mass show and then a Boston show!

Wilco will return to my home town of Wilmington, Delaware on July 10th to play at Frawley Stadium (minor league baseball stadium). The show will be sponsored by the Grand Opera House who realized that their 1,100 seat venue was simply not big enough last time.

Wilco will return to my home town of Wilmington, Delaware on July 10th to play at Frawley Stadium (minor league baseball stadium). The show will be sponsored by the Grand Opera House who realized that their 1,100 seat venue was simply not big enough last time.

oh man! are you sure it's not the very.next.night. when i'll be driving through wilmington on the way home from the outer banks and more than happy to stop for the night?

pleasepleaseplease bring a summer show my way!!! please. thank you.

Looks like another East Coast date that will soon be announced:

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Artpark, Lewiston, NY

*ARTPARK*

*CELEBRATING 35 YEARS!*

*7pm gate* /reserved and lawn seating

*www.artpark.net

*716-754-4375

---------------------

Wilco fan club on sale: Wed., April 22 (through Wilcoworld.net) Public on

sale: Friday, April 24 at 10am

Wilmington isn't that far from Philly--definitely less than an hour. I drove down from upstate NY for the Wilmington show last summer, and had the weather cooperated, it would've taken me only about 15 minutes longer than it does to get to Philly. I'm not sure it's certain that they're skipping Philly yet, though the Wilmington show does make it seem less likely. The thing is, Philly doesn't have enough smallish outdoor venues. The Mann Center is probably still a little big for them, and it may be easier logistically for them to play all outdoor shows (maybe not, given the shows announced so far).

They played two shows at the 930 last year, so I doubt if they'll do that again, since it's such a small venue for them.

They love the 9:30 club, but reserve those shows for winter months and do the outdoor venues in the summer. I am sure there will be 9:30 club shows in the future, just not on the summer tours.

They're supposedly playing at Wolf Trap July 8th.

They played two shows at the 930 last year, so I doubt if they'll do that again, since it's such a small venue for them.

I mention it only because i think the 9:30 books a lot of shows at Merriweather Pavillion.