NHL Offseason 2009

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And done a reggae version of the old Whalers theme song, the best theme song in sports.

Brass Bonanza!

I don't know why but I'm rooting for Crosby. Probably my patriotism kicking in. Though I do not like how he complained about people throwing hats on the ice.

Further more, why would you throw away a perfectly good hat???

And even further morer why the hell do I get scheduled to work EVERY time there is a Canucks game?! :angry

Canucks win -- not surprised. Good to see them playing Canuck hockey again.

Ducks have a healthy 2-0 lead on the Wings right now. Nucks vs Ducks and Bs vs Caps conference finals? Hmm

I am not really a Blackhawks fan, but their home jerseys may be the nicest in all sports.

Agreed. Simplicity at its best. I really liked that vintage jersey they wore at the Winter Classic this year. As a person of aboriginal decent, the Hawks logo doesn't bother me at all, if anything they're paying honour to the Black Hawk warriors... unlike the Cleveland Indians who's logo is a little bit offensive... but let's not get into that.

What the heck happened with that denied Wings goal tonight?

What the heck happened with that denied Wings goal tonight?

Ref blew the play dead - he must have lost track of the puck, and it's not reviewable. It's too bad that they can't simply review to see where the puck was when the whistle blew, because the puck was already in the net.

Wings seemed lost for most of the game - their passes were off, they were slower to the puck, and they were continually bumped off the puck when they had it.

They came alive in the 3rd period, but it wasn't enough.

3rd game is crucial. Historically, a team that goes up 2-1 has ended up winning the series 71% of the time.

The puck was in the net when the whistle blew, but the referee's "intent" to end the play had already occurred...

If I was a Wings fan I'd be pissed.

Big game tonight for the B's.

If I was a Wings fan I'd be pissed.

Bah - the only thing I'm pissed about is the Wings' timid play.

They're playing like they're scared of the Ducks.

They have to win 3 out of the next 4 to take the series, so they still have time to prove they're the superior team.

Edit: The other thing I'm pissed about is Chelios getting ice time because Rafalski's hurt. But I'm happy that I get to see at least two more Wings games this year.

This Phoenix/Hamilton thing is really getting interesting. I don't understand why the NHL would want to keep a team in Phoenix where it is clearly not working and costing them 30 million dollars every season... especially when you have a guy offering 212 million dollars for the team, which is much much more then they are worth. Weird.

Bah - the only thing I'm pissed about is the Wings' timid play.

They're playing like they're scared of the Ducks.

They have to win 3 out of the next 4 to take the series, so they still have time to prove they're the superior team.

Edit: The other thing I'm pissed about is Chelios getting ice time because Rafalski's hurt. But I'm happy that I get to see at least two more Wings games this year.

Agreed. The call was rotten, but there's rotten calls all the time. The Wings looked scared. Much is said about them not being physical enough and I always thought it was a lot of talk. But they played like girls last night. Especially in the 3rd. Shoot, stop, face-off over and over and over.

Bruins faithful,

Think of it this way:

Carolina played their best game, while we played awfully. But they couldn't put us away in regulation. If the B's cut down on sloppy plays, focus on loosening up offensively and not blindly dumping it in, we have a very good shot of taking this series.

We're down in the series by one game. You know what other teams are down by one game? Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. All very good teams, when you get to this point in the playoffs every team is a legitimate contender.

This is the first time the Bruins have really been tested in quite a while, expect a big response from the B's on Friday.

As coach Julien said today, "We're not in trouble. We're in a hard fought playoff series. You win one game you're a contender, you lose one you're in trouble? That's what we have to deal with."

Have faith.

Maybe I'm a homer but I can't see the Ducks or Wings beating the Canucks, Caps, or Bs. I could see them beating the Hawks or the Canes however. I don't think Detroit or Anaheim matches up well against the other three teams.

We're all homers. It's expected.

I'm just trying to remain calm. I'm gonna be a nervous wreck tomorrow from 4 PM til the game ends.

I honestly can't see Anaheim making it to the Cup. Detroit is always a threat, my vote is still Chicago. Though I would love for Vancover to make it.

As for the East, it's really all up in the air right now.

Walken, remain strong, my friend. If there's one team that is down in their series, that can make it back, it's the Bs.

While I think of this I need to get me a Chara jersey.

Here's my prediction.

Whoever wins the Ducks/Wings game tonight will win the Cup.

Even as a Canucks fan, I can see where you're coming from. No team in the playoffs is built to beat the Wings quite like the Ducks are -- they're huge, aggressive, experienced, and riding a hot goalie. Another team might have better luck countering that physicality, but I don't think anyone wants to play the Ducks right now. Similarly, if the Wings do advance, I think only the Bruins and Canucks are aggressive and strong enough on defense to give Detroit a run for their money.

Great win by the Wings tonight, especially after going down 1-0 within a minute.

Ducks looked spent. I think Getzlaf's line was out of gas - he's been getting a ton of minutes, and the Wings play their lines pretty evenly. Nice of Hossa to finally wake up. I like their chances in the best of 3 - with two games at home.

Carolina's no pushover - there's still a lot of guys on that team which won the Cup a couple years ago. Cam Ward won the Conn Smythe that year. Bruins have their work cut out for them.

Canucks - 15 shots?

Canucks - 15 shots?

Canucks executed Vigneault's plan almost to a tee tonight, and they just about made it to the finish line with a victory. Sadly, all it took was one late goal to tie, and the game's tempo totally shifted.

Boiled down, I'm happy taking one of two in Chicago.