NHL Offseason 2009

My gut feeling told me they'd lose that game, beating Chicago twice in a row on the road would be too tough of a task for any team. This series is going to go to seven, with the home teams winning each of the three. I didn't get to watch it too closely, but the Canucks looked to be playing well all night, at least from what I saw, but 15 shots? Hmm...

Everytime the Canucks lose it sends me into a bad mood but that was the worst Canuck mood I've been put in since the 07-08 season. It was almost like dating my exgirlfriend again :rolleyes

I still believe. Good will conquer evil, oh yes.

Two series are tied at 2-2 now... I can't see the Bs losing tomorrow so maybe we'll have 3 of them tied up. I smell a lot of game 7s coming.

DUCKS! SERIOUSLY WTF, you're suppose to be doing us a favor! We both got rid of a case of the Brian Burke, I thought that made us friends :(

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, three series tied at 2 a piece. Excited.

Seriously, Blues, what the heck? I had picked you guys to come out of the East.

Could Pittsburgh actually make it back to the finals?! :o

I'm just trying to get used to the idea that the next Bruins game could be the last.

Everything was set up for this team, a great regular season, first seed, first round sweep, and home ice throughout. It's hard to believe how badly we've been being outplayed.

This offseason is gonna hurt unless a little Boston magic travels from Fenway to Causeway St.

It isn't over. But Boston needs to get it together if they want to have a shot. One part of me is thinking, 'okay. Win one at home, play your ass off on the road, and we're back to a winner take all game'. The other part of me is thinking 'This team's moto is We Want It As Bad As You. Prove it'.

I'm just trying to get used to the idea that the next Bruins game could be the last.

Everything was set up for this team, a great regular season, first seed, first round sweep, and home ice throughout. It's hard to believe how badly we've been being outplayed.

This offseason is gonna hurt unless a little Boston magic travels from Fenway to Causeway St.

It isn't over. But Boston needs to get it together if they want to have a shot. One part of me is thinking, 'okay. Win one at home, play your ass off on the road, and we're back to a winner take all game'. The other part of me is thinking 'This team's moto is We Want It As Bad As You. Prove it'.

I've been trying to figure out just what has gone wrong. One guy that had a pretty good year is Wheeler, he's been a non-factor. Is it lack of grit ? This team went good when Krejci was hot, and they shut him down. Another big problem is the Mark Recchi, Patrice Bergeron, and Chuck Kobasew line, NADA from them. So it comes down to the old, one game at a time, and hope to get a game 7. Right now ? I don't see it.

Is it lack of grit ?

As a Minnesota Golden Gopher alum, and former season ticket holder, I would say definitely yes to that question for both Blake Wheeler and Phil Kessel. I always thought they were both soft.

One article in the Hockey News suggested that Bergeron needs more ice time, and perhaps rolling all 4 lines isn't for the Bruins.

Or perhaps this is just the stumble that most great teams go through before greatness?

As a Wings fan, it was a long way to the top (if you want to rock n roll) *cue bagpipes*. It was a long painful process throughout the early 90s until they captured their "first" Cup in 97. Year after year of heartbreak...

Thomas has been the only player to show up. 2.00 gaa, .932 save %.

There are many bruins to blame, but Thomas isn't one of them:

Chara hasn't been himself; Krecji has been missing; Savard has been making blind passes; Wideman has been playing horrible; Montador does not belong in the NHL playoffs; Wheeler has been sheepish; Kessel has been annoying, same move every time entering the offensive zone: toe drag, turn over; The power play looks out of sync.

The only players I've liked this series: Lucic has been giving his all (this takes a lot for me to say, most of the time I think he's overrated); Ryder has been great; Kobasew has been consistent.

Man, oh man I hope you're right Winston. This season has been an amazing step forward. Two years ago the B's were last in the East. Last year, 8th place. My biggest fear is for Boston to pull an Ottawa...

Ottawa = a 1 line team with no goaltending, defense, or secondary scoring. I wouldn't worry about that. Not that they will but I'd be afraid of them turning into a San Jose, not an Ottawa.

You were a Golden Gopher? What was that experience like? Did you ever contemplate Major Junior over NCAA?

No, I didn't PLAY for the golden gophers. I went there and basically have been following them as long as I can remember.

And I feel qualified to say that Kessel and Wheeler are soft, that's all.