NHL Offseason 2009

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One final game for all the marbles... I like it.

30 teams playing 82 games each, four rounds of playoffs... and it all comes down to one game. :D

I didn't say the Zetterberg one was dead on!! I'd actually have Lidstrom as Vader, since he's the leader of the Wings.

Anyways I'm starting to get too nerdy.... here's hoping tonight's game is competitive and not a blowout like that 5-0 game.

Congrats to Pittsburgh, now that Gary got his fix of Crosby on the Cup hopefully Boston will have a chance.

Also, everyone's favorite traffic cone Hal Gill has been forever immortalized...fuck.

Who knows if Bettman will be here next year. If the Coyotes move, that'll be it for him.

Anyways, I still can't believe it!!! Good for the Pens. Good for Sidney Crosby. He gets too much shit. I really like how he still sat on the bench with his teammates and even tried to take a few shifts.

I wonder how much Hossa regrets his decision now??

Congrats to Pittsburgh, now that Gary got his fix of Crosby on the Cup hopefully Boston will have a chance.

Also, everyone's favorite traffic cone Hal Gill has been forever immortalized...fuck.

Don't the Bruins have some fairly big cap issues next season??

Trevor Linden never won a cup, Jerome Iginla will likely not, Shane Doan is approaching the end of his career... but Matt Cooke and Hal Gill are on the Stanley Cup. :(

Good draft, I am ecstatic about the Canucks pick, Jordan Schroeder was ranked as one of the top-5 NA skaters :D

Bad draft if you are a Flyers fan, holy crap...

Good draft, I am ecstatic about the Canucks pick, Jordan Schroeder was ranked as one of the top-5 NA skaters :D

Bad draft if you are a Flyers fan, holy crap...

At 5'8" I hope he's a better skater than that! I wouldn't hold out hope for him.

Flyers bet the farm on Pronger - they want to win next year.

Skater as in a player who's not a goalie, not his skating ability, though he is very fast apparently. He was predicted to go in the top-15. Lead the US in scoring in the WJC last winter. Was also one of the physically strongest players in the draft. He was a steal, don't see any reason why he won't be in the NHL in a year or two. Plus it's not like the Canucks have never had a player around that height be successful *coughcoughStanSmylat5foot9,firstCanucktoeverhavehisnumberretired,captainedtotheStanleyCupFinalscoughcough*

Ehh, I'd be nervous if I was a Flyer fan. I wouldn't want to bet it all on one year with Emery as your goalie.

Skater as in a player who's not a goalie, not his skating ability, though he is very fast apparently. He was predicted to go in the top-15. Lead the US in scoring in the WJC last winter. Was also one of the physically strongest players in the draft. He was a steal, don't see any reason why he won't be in the NHL in a year or two. Plus it's not like the Canucks have never had a player around that height be successful *coughcoughStanSmylat5foot9,firstCanucktoeverhavehisnumberretired,captainedtotheStanleyCupFinalscoughcough*

Ehh, I'd be nervous if I was a Flyer fan. I wouldn't want to bet it all on one year with Emery as your goalie.

Sorry - I shouldn't rain on your parade... Of course, there are many players who are shorties that have been successful in the NHL: Ted Lindsay, Theoren Fleury, Martin St. Louis...

Guest Jules

Blackhawks! Hossa!

I wish you the best.

(and Tomas Kopecky...)

12 Years? I assume this is one of those cap deals where he plays for a while and then retires with no hit to the Blackhawks' cap?

I like it either way.

12 Years? I assume this is one of those cap deals where he plays for a while and then retires with no hit to the Blackhawks' cap?

I like it either way.

Well, he's only 30, so I'm sure he'll play at least 8 more years. I think it's structured to be front-loaded, but the overall hit to their cap # is $5m, which is the average yearly salary of his contract.

It's a relative bargain for the Hawks. Now if they could only get rid of Campbell, who is making WAY too much, they might have money to re-sign both Kane and Toews, both of whom will be RFAs after next season. They have a lot of good young players who will be asking for big raises.