NHL Offseason 2009

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back then, it was, "ya gotta believe." No Russian version.

Guest Jules
I'm wondering why we haven't heard from our resident Canuck to report on last night's game...

He probably had a heart attack after that 3rd period.

He probably had a heart attack after that 3rd period.

Yup, that third period scared the bejesus out of me, but ultimately I'm considering it a blessing. After seeing how quickly a big lead can evaporate, hopefully the team doesn't get complacent for the rest of the playoffs.

Assuming he's not suspended more than a game for the hit on Rypper, I have a feeling Ben Eager is gonna establish himself as public enemy #1 in Vancouver by the end of the series... though I thought he was the Hawks' most effective skater and seemed like a guy I'd love to have on the team (Hordichuk could learn a thing or two). Also, how about Kyle Wellwood? Guy continues to make plays and play grittier than I've ever seen him. What a warrior.

(By the way, there are several Canucks fans around here!)

I'm wondering why we haven't heard from our resident Canuck to report on last night's game...

Oops I was at work last night.

The third period did not actually scare me, this team doesn't give up which is the biggest difference from the 07-08 Canucks to the 08-09. They haven't played in about 10 days, I expected more of the game to be like that. That would have been the easiest game for the Hawks to win at GM Place.

Agreed with Wellwood, I'm shocked to see how clutch he is. Resign him, Gillis!!!

No suspension for Ben Eager..?! Wtf

I'm expecting a ban.

Wings looked very tentative and off - they were lucky to win. I love St. Nick.

Agreed. They almost seemed nervous. It was strange. But they did win.

Brown's hit was very questionable. I personally think it was a dirty hit, trying to gain some sort of momentum. Don't expect a suspension though, it's playoff hockey.

Chicago up 5-2 in the 3rd...wow. I smell a long series.

Yup. The Blackhawks look like they may be staying around for a while. They look unphased playing away from the UC. The game has changed so much over the years, but I have to say that this may be the best Blackhawks team I have ever seen, and I doubt they will take the cup. The late 80's early 90's teams were REALLY good at the ole' dump and chase, but this team is SO skilled. I see a squad that will very possibly win a cup in the next few years.

It's a very young team in Chicago. They're sure to be contenders in the West for the next few years. But, like so many other teams, we'll have to see how Free agency and the Cap turn out...

Blackhawks for the cup in a few years for sure, and I'll gladly cheer them on (plus Byfuglien is a former Prince George Cougar). They're a much more complete team then the other teams that got good by sucking for so long (Pittsburgh). But I still doubt that they will win the series, I was expecting the Cancuks to lose either this one or the next... I mean they had won 8 in a row already, a loss was bound to come there way. There's too much parity to make it 16-0 in the playoffs these days.

It was disheartening to see them blow a 2-0 lead... at that point I started getting excited and thinking maybe it'll be done in 4 or 5 games but I guess they'll drag this one out. Whatever, more hockey for me to watch I guess.

Some Canuck fans piss me off so much though. Bunch of bandwagoners :angry

B's looked flat footed. A step up from just going through the motions.

It's a wake up call.

Ward was great, Thomas was so-so, and that no-goal call should have been a goal. Real score: 4-0 Carolina, wake up B's!

I wish they were still the Whalers. Maybe they could have adopted red, gold and green colors and a Rastafarian theme and called themselves the Wailers.

I wish they were still the Whalers. Maybe they could have adopted red, gold and green colors and a Rastafarian theme and called themselves the Wailers.

And done a reggae version of the old Whalers theme song, the best theme song in sports.

I did enjoy having the Whalers as kid brothers down in CT to beat up on. The 'Canes are a whole different beast though.

great quote from Tim Thomas after tonight's loss:

"It's our first loss of the playoffs. So now we get to practice the "not too high, not too low" mentality. We've been practicing the 'not too high' part, now it's time for 'not too low"."

It's one game, I fully expect the Bruins to recover.

I like seeing 3 of the series notched at 1. I wouldn't consider it an upset if any of the lower seeds win the series.

If the Pens win tonight - when was the last time that all Conference semis were tied 1-1?

Not sure how Carolina's non-goal was ruled a non-goal. The replays I saw showed the puck on its edge over the line. It doesn't matter now, but I thought it was a strange call.