Wilco Milwaukee 2009-04-14

Night 1 was amazing. I didn't think the crowd was noisy at all, and I'd even forgotten my earplugs, which usually bring crowd chatter down to a tolerable level :lol The band was playing fast and loose and clearly having a great time; Jeff and Pat were especially hilarious. LOVED, loved loved the setlist, the new songs with full band, and frankly one of the best versions of "Theologians" I've ever heard.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up in 3RC for the show on Tuesday- never been up that high in the pabst, but it was wonderful. my favorite seats in the house are front row of 1st balcony on the left. if you try to take them for m. ward on friday i will fight you and win.

anyways, there was a guy sitting in front of me in 3RC wearing a 'hang loose' shirt with a baseball cap with microphones and a digital recorder. if you're on here, or know who he is, how did it turn out? are you sharing?

I was up in 3RC for the show on Tuesday- never been up that high in the pabst, but it was wonderful. my favorite seats in the house are front row of 1st balcony on the left. if you try to take them for m. ward on friday i will fight you and win.

anyways, there was a guy sitting in front of me in 3RC wearing a 'hang loose' shirt with a baseball cap with microphones and a digital recorder. if you're on here, or know who he is, how did it turn out? are you sharing?

wait a week before asking.

1st show of 2009 was a great one. This was the loosest Wilco performance I have been to in quite some time. I have read so many times on these post show threads about how tight the band was on that particular night. And I always agree. That is what made last nights show different and fun. They were not the hit every note band last night, more get up on stage and work through the kinks. It was fantastic. Jeff mentioned they had been busy finishing their album and other projects and had not had a lot of rehearsel time.

During John's interview yesterday at Jazz Fest he said in response to a question about rehearsing for tours that he wanted to apologize to Milwaukee because they are typically the first shows on a tour and he said that in reality Wilco doesn't ever rehearse more than 5 hrs. before a tour and that the first couple of nights are like the rehearsal.

Sounds like a good thing to me if the show was that good

1st show of 2009 was a great one. This was the loosest Wilco performance I have been to in quite some time. I have read so many times on these post show threads about how tight the band was on that particular night. And I always agree. That is what made last nights show different and fun. They were not the hit every note band last night, more get up on stage and work through the kinks. It was fantastic. Jeff mentioned they had been busy finishing their album and other projects and had not had a lot of rehearsel time. He also shared the new Wilco motto, which is the same as the old Wilco motto, "It could be worse." It reminded me of a Bugs Bunny skit. But then again I get most of my high culture from looney toones.

I heard him say that (Could be worse) in Asheville and I was wondering what the heck he meant! I took it kind of negatively, made me wonder.....I had a couple of "OMG, it's Syd" moments with the banter, so now I know it's the Wilco motto.

• 2 years later...

I have an MP3 (256 kbps, one file, 235MB, 2:08:20 long) of the 4/15/2009 show. I think it was broadcast on 88.9 during and after the show, it's from that stream I believe. Not sure where I got it. PM me and I can send a dropbox link. I don't think it meets the formatting/quality requirements of bt.etree.org or dimeadozen.org.