Midwest in July?

I know they've said they'll be announcing East Coast dates for July, but do you think they might swing through the Midwest to hit a few places they missed? I know they're playing a festival in Minnesota later that month, which is why I think this is a possibility. City-wise, I'm not really sure what they would do. I doubt Indianapolis will get a show, since the band is playing Bloomington this spring... St. Louis and Chicago are both due for shows...

I know they've said they'll be announcing East Coast dates for July, but do you think they might swing through the Midwest to hit a few places they missed? I know they're playing a festival in Minnesota later that month, which is why I think this is a possibility. City-wise, I'm not really sure what they would do. I doubt Indianapolis will get a show, since the band is playing Bloomington this spring... St. Louis and Chicago are both due for shows...

I would think so. I'd be surprised if they didn't make a stop in their home town in the summer.

I would think so. I'd be surprised if they didn't make a stop in their home town in the summer.

Hm... Now that they've announced the July dates it doesn't look like that's the case. Unless they squeeze something in right around 10KLF...

I'm hoping for a stop in Detroit around 10KLF.

maybe a stop in detroit but it's getting more and more unlikely that they will be playing anymore shows before the fall atleast... You would think they will tour maybe Australia in the summer and than a late US winter tour.

It is certainly time for some Chicago dates. Wilco hasn't played to the hometown crowd since the residency over a year ago. (Not counting Lolla which is for tourists....)

LouieB

This year October gives us a great Halloween weekend ... Friday/30th and Saturday/31st ... I would love to see a big Wilco Halloween party again!!!

This year October gives us a great Halloween weekend ... Friday/30th and Saturday/31st ... I would love to see a big Wilco Halloween party again!!!

Halloween over a weekend? Uggh. That means my neighborhood in Lakeview will be crawling with drunk, rowdy early 20-year olds dressed like hookers and faux superheros (well, even more so than it already is).

God I'm old. :hmm

I would bet midwest this fall. But I'm alright to wait for winter or next spring even. Its going to be a full summer anyway.

My summer's almost empty! The only show I've got lined up is the Decemberists on May 31

Halloween shows would be great.

God damn I love this band. I know I only tend to show up when they have projects going on, so I apologize to you hard core posters, but this band has me 100%. Has been that way for what? 14 - 15 years now? Jesus.

My wife is not much of a fan, so she's a little worn out with the watching and re-watching of DVDs and the re-reading of Greg Kot's book. I can't get enough.

From a purely selfish standpoint, Wilco as a band hasn't played Mpls/St. Paul since, what ..... October 2004? There was Tweedy solo in November '05, and a couple of Wilco shows in Minnesota since then, but I don't remember a single Wilco show in the Twin Cities since then.

From a purely selfish standpoint, Wilco as a band hasn't played Mpls/St. Paul since, what ..... October 2004? There was Tweedy solo in November '05, and a couple of Wilco shows in Minnesota since then, but I don't remember a single Wilco show in the Twin Cities since then.

You gotta love Wilcobase :wub

2007-10-10 - Wilco - Northrop Auditorium - University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN

Plus sorta nearby 1 year ago:

2008-04-30 - Wilco - Mayo Civic Center - Rochester, MN

plus A Prairie Home Companion on May 12, 2007 and 2 Duluth shows:

2007-09-04 Wilco Bayfront Festival Park Bayfront Festival Park home page Duluth, MN

2006-07-02 Wilco Duluth Entertainment Convention Center Duluth Entertainment Convention Center home page Duluth, MN

;)