Wilco Bloomington 2009-04-16

Guest Hollinger.
:rotfl

If anyone wants the original 3.27mb, 5 pixel file all I need is directions on how to upload that large of a file

Upload it at www.imageshack.us

Just got back from my mid-west history/Wilco tour........After sightseeing for most of the day in Kentucky we made the drive up to Bloomington for the show from Louisville.....First of all, I've got to say that Indiana University is a pretty fine looking campus and the auditorium sound up in the balcony was great......The weather was also great which allowed us to sit outside the auditorium right up until Wilco came on......We were hanging by the Hoagy Carmichael statue near where the buses were parked and we were able to see Jeff, Nels and John as they walked past us from the bus to the side entrance around 8 PM.....Went inside just about the time the opening band was completing whatever it was they were doing on stage......My buddies had never seen Wilco or even heard their music before this trip and the opening act had them worried about what they were going to see next .......After hours of playing Wilco tunes in the long drive from Conn. they agreed they were pretty good but they were beginning to have their doubts.......Well, the show blew them away.......Wilco rocked the place and I did not get the impression they were mailing it in......Yeah, they only played two songs I had not heard them play live before, but it didn't matter, they were right on Thursday night......They played almost every song one would want a new Wilco fan to hear.......My friends and I were totally blown away by the power of the show.....Again, they rocked.......I saw them at Tanglewood last summer which up to that time I thought was one of my favorite all time shows but I have to give this one the edge for it's sheer power.......The dueling solos in Voodoo were a great fun way to help end the night.....A few people I spoke to after the show were equally impressed......This show only reinforced my opinion that Wilco is the best live band today.......I was sort of hoping to hear the Wilco Song but that was the only disappointment of the night......Hell, I saw Jeff play that song in Northampton a couple of weeks ago.....Thanks for the pictures

By the way.....

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/Wilco2009-04-16.asx