No Wilco at the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame

Visited the R+R Hall of Fame yesterday on my way home from vacation and noticed there were no Wilco CD's or DVD's being sold in the record store section in the gift shop.......I wasn't looking to buy anything but I was curious to see if they had the new DVD but they didn't......They had so many other bands and performers product there who can't hold a candle to Wilco......Kind of surprised me.......Does this have something to do with the record company's lack of promotion or the Hall not recognizing them as an important act?

Visited the R+R Hall of Fame yesterday on my way home from vacation and noticed there were no Wilco CD's or DVD's being sold in the record store section in the gift shop.......I wasn't looking to buy anything but I was curious to see if they had the new DVD but they didn't......They had so many other bands and performers product there who can't hold a candle to Wilco......Kind of surprised me.......Does this have something to do with the record company's lack of promotion or the Hall not recognizing them as an important act?

Obviously they just can't keep them on the shelves.

When I browsed through the shop there, I think they emphasize the catalogs of inductees, and the usual chart-toppers (it's an FYE chain store, afterall).

The R&R HOF is one of the biggest wastes I've ever seen. That opinion has nothing to do with their lack of Wilco, merch however (the DVD isn't on sale to the general public until the 28th, btw). It's just a big stinker of a museum.

The R&R HOF is one of the biggest wastes I've ever seen. That opinion has nothing to do with their lack of Wilco, merch however (the DVD isn't on sale to the general public until the 28th, btw). It's just a big stinker of a museum.

I couldn't disagree more. I grant that the induction process reeks and is $ driven -- just like popular music itself -- but there is enough to keep anyone engrossed for a day. They swap in/out displays to keep things fresh. On my visit, the had a floor devoted to Dylan's early years and influences that was deep and fascinating.

I suppose I was being a bit harsh, but I was talking about the place in general. I did find the punk rock exhibit fascinating.

But I don't know how much I like the idea of a rock museum, either.

I suppose I was being a bit harsh, but I was talking about the place in general. I did find the punk rock exhibit fascinating.

But I don't know how much I like the idea of a rock museum, either.

Living about 30 miles from the "National Tragedy Museum" and "Fountain of Youth" in St. Augustine, I would say there are worse things to create a museum over. A lot of what's on display are legitimate "artyfacts" and nuggets.

I went to the RnRHOF the weekend before 9/11 (that will always be etched in my memory) and didn't think it was bad, although there are better rock museums around the world. So it was a little disappointing in that regard - you go to Cooperstown and you know there's not a better collection of baseball history anywhere in the world, so I was hoping for something similar in Cleveland. (I've never been to the EMP in Seattle, but what I have read about it makes it sound better than the RnRHOF.)

But it is definitely worth visiting. We went for a Lennon exhibit that was really well done.

I've never been to the EMP in Seattle, but what I have read about it makes it sound better than the RnRHOF.

Love the EMP - incredibly informative exhibits and a rock and roll lab type environment where you can play instruments and record yourself in little recording studios. I spent a good 4 hours there and still felt there were entire sections I was missing. Haven't been to the HoF yet.

Interesting enough, you can buy Wilco merch at the PBA Hall of Fame in Milwaukee.

To further reinforce the awkwardness forced into this thread, I will introduce the following fact:

Edie Brickell (of the New Bohemians and the spouse of Paul Simon) is the daughter of the noted professional bowler Eddie Brickell.

dont you have to be in the industry for 25 years before you join the RnR HOF?

Yes, to be inducted. But the original poster was lamenting the lack of Wilco CDs in the gift shop, which sells CDs of many artists who are not actual inductees.