Red Rocks Roll Call

I saw this on the Red Rocks website, and assume it will apply to the Wilco show too:

RESERVED SEATING: ROWS 25-59

GENERAL ADMISSION: ROWS 2-24 & 60-69

ROWS 1 & 70 ARE ALWAYS RESERVED FOR HANDICAP SEATING AT RED ROCKS.

I bought a GA ticket! :omg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got row 31 in reserved because I saw GA can also be at the very back at Red Rocks. I am pretty pleased. Just see them at Red Rocks will be truly amazing.

(Got row B for El Paso!!!! which is the closest they are coming to Albuquerque)

Katherine

I got one in 29 and 2 in 40.... I didn't want to gamble with the GA... I'm coming from St. Louis so I don't think I will be up close in the long waiting line that I'm sure will be there a night early....Plus the lot scene has always been awesome at Red Rocks!!

So what's the deal with the pre-sale site? It's F*ing terrible

anyways can't wait

I saw this on the Red Rocks website, and assume it will apply to the Wilco show too:

RESERVED SEATING: ROWS 25-59

GENERAL ADMISSION: ROWS 2-24 & 60-69

ROWS 1 & 70 ARE ALWAYS RESERVED FOR HANDICAP SEATING AT RED ROCKS.

I bought a GA ticket! :omg

I have been to tons of Red Rocks shows and it's never the same where the GA section is. If it turns out to be rows 2-24 I have a good strategy I can PM you with the details.

I got row 36 booo. I had no idea about the GA i just assumed it was lawn seating or something. Another tip is there is another presale through the radio station tomorrow so maybe they will have different or closer seats. Not sure which station but i'm sure someone here will have details and a password.

I can't wait for this show.

There's no "lawn seating" at RR and the GA in the first 25 rows holds a lot of folks, actually (bench-style rock/wood seating). The reserved stuff (even row 39 or whatever) is still excellent sight/sound). Unless you're at the very top or behind the stage the sound is really quite good (particularly on a clear night) everywhere else. Plenty of room to move around and find a spot under a tree/side of stairs/etc.

I have been to tons of Red Rocks shows and it's never the same where the GA section is. If it turns out to be rows 2-24 I have a good strategy I can PM you with the details.

yeah me too, i've been to tons and there are plenty with GA, reserved, GA...including the last wilco show if memory serves.

i'm not sure what your strategy is, but i'd be interested to hear it...

also there's about 100 "seats" per row, so yeah about 2500 people in the first GA section...that's quite a bit.

^^ Shitty

One of my greatest concert experiences was going to see Arcade Fire/LCD Soundsystem and Muse back-to-back nights in 2007 at Red Rocks. EVERYTHING was GA and camping out with folks for 8 or so hours before they opened up was so much fun. I can only imagine that it would be 100x better with Wilco fans.

I hope I get a nice and close ticket tomorrow because, after those shows in 2007, I swore to myself to see any band I like play Red Rocks.

:( :(

I live like 20 mins. from Red Rocks but since I am a broke college student, I don't have any money for a ticket. Would be my first Wilco concert too, and at my favorite concert venue.

Hopefully someone will have an extra ticket that I can grab once my internship starts and I get some money.

The line for night 1 of R.E.M. and Wilco at Red Rocks was one of my top line-waiting experiences of all time.

I don't think I'll be making the trip this time around, but Red Rocks is such a great venue. I need to get back at some point.

I was able to make that show, too. Cold, cold, cold night. That was the first time I heard Kicking Television. Great way to kick off the show.

That is a bummer. Oh well, guess I'll try for a reserved seat and then try to sell my GA seat?

:ohwell

I think there is a lot of people in the same boat... I'm pretty upset over the confusion and plan on letting wilco and their new ticketing agent know about it.

I think that was a spelling mistake. It now says:

RESERVED SEATING: ROWS 25-60

GENERAL ADMISSION: ROWS 2-24 & 61-69

ROWS 1 & 70 ARE ALWAYS RESERVED FOR HANDICAP SEATING AT RED ROCKS

http://www.redrocksonline.com/pages/concer...ail.asp?id=3938

Mercy. All be damned, why do they gotta stress people out like that! Back on track :dancing

Oh hell yes!

Another question, though - I just noticed that my ticket receipt says "GA2". What does that mean?

(edit - I just tried the KBCO presale, and the GA is listed as both rows 2-24 and 61-69, I'm guessing first come, first served, you can sit in either section. So I think "GA2" might just refer to price level 2 or something)

Oh hell yes!

Another question, though - I just noticed that my ticket receipt says "GA2". What does that mean?

(edit - I just tried the KBCO presale, and the GA is listed as both rows 2-24 and 61-69, I'm guessing first come, first served, you can sit in either section. So I think "GA2" might just refer to price level 2 or something)

Yeah my receipt says GA0 so it's probably just a way of dividing up the GA tickets to know how many are left.

This is all starting to set in.... I AM BUZZED!!! :bee

I wonder a possible co-headlining double bill? A night with Wilco alone?