Red Rocks Roll Call

Can anyone recommend vintage/used guitar shops in the Denver area while in town for the show? I've found it never hurts to look... Thanks for the assist.

This place is pretty good. You looking for acoustic? Electric? Both?

For acoustics this place is good:

http://www.picknparlor.com/

There is a place in Louisville (about 40 minutes from Denver) that is good for both. It's tiny but don't be fooled, they have 100's of guitars in a seperate building.

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/

I hung out at red rocks yesterday and listened to the new album, I'm getting pretty excited. It's worth getting there early enough to check out the red rocks museum and hike around a bit.

Best bet is to park in the upper north parking lot and take the path down from there. Good luck and see you there.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there! I can't wait. I would love to get a closer ticket i'm in row 36 but this is my first trip to red rocks and my 3rd Wilco show of the year so I can't complain too much. My ticket is will call, anything I need to do special? Like get there super early?

Also, anyone in Denver who can sell me a joint or two would kick soooo much ass! :D

the drive through kansas is the worst drive in america.i do recommend stopping by cozy in in salina for the best hamburgers on earth, white castle style with a little more class.and always go to chubbys in denver for the best mexican food in america.

If I'm in a reserved seat in row 35 or so, does that mean if I stand and rock while they play, i will be told to sit down and rock? I really want to stand and watch. How will this work? I was told to sit in Tucson and sitting at a rock show is a horrible idea for everyone involved.

If I'm in a reserved seat in row 35 or so, does that mean if I stand and rock while they play, i will be told to sit down and rock? I really want to stand and watch. How will this work? I was told to sit in Tucson and sitting at a rock show is a horrible idea for everyone involved.

Row 35 is pretty good, should be a good view. The only people that will tell you to sit would be the people behind you and that is really a crapshoot. Red Rocks has good stadium seating, quite steep so you will probably be fine.

As far as Will Call, I don't think you can pick those up until 2 hours before the show so no need to show up early although I recommend it. Great tailgaiting and scenery.

Moved out here a year and a half ago -- this will be my first Red Rocks show! I'm really excited. My friend and I have GA tickets. Since I have the day off work anyway, I was planning on going to line up pretty early -- I live in City Park West. Is there a specified place to line up, or do we just all hang out in front of a gate and it's a big free-for-all?

the drive through kansas is the worst drive in america.i do recommend stopping by cozy in in salina for the best hamburgers on earth, white castle style with a little more class.and always go to chubbys in denver for the best mexican food in america.

I recommend the Cozy Inn in Salina too. It's been years since I've been there, but it probably hasn't changed much, very small place; 5, maybe 6 seats at a counter, that's all, but really great hamburgers! :thumbup

I recommend just getting it over with. I've done that drive so many times that I have nightmares prior to such trips. Texas can be boring as hell too, but KS takes the cake.

Love the request for a joint, if I have one, not just in my avatar, you'll smell it. hahahaaaa

packing my roadtrip bag as I type rock.gif

Staying @ a haus in Red Rocks so look for the girl with a PBR & cowboy hat waving to the fans driving by. Fatheadfred & some other VC'ers will be there with us. Camping in Nederland sat.I heard there is a festival in Ned sat?Anyone know anything about it?

QUESTION-I bought my ticket from ESue but it is a willcall ticket. I tried to call ticketmaster & never got thru. I have her enevelope addressed to me from her state to mine & a letter from her to the venue releasing the ticket. Do I need anything else?Will I get in to see Wilco?????

We will be there. Don't know where the seats are. Hitting the road...........now!

packing my roadtrip bag as I type rock.gif

Staying @ a haus in Red Rocks so look for the girl with a PBR & cowboy hat waving to the fans driving by. Fatheadfred & some other VC'ers will be there with us. Camping in Nederland sat.I heard there is a festival in Ned sat?Anyone know anything about it?

the Peak-To-Peak fest is in Ned Sat. with vending booths, bands, etc. I believe it's $15 and there will be fireworks. It's at the memorial park right off the reservoir. Can't miss it. Lots of excellent bands playing in the bars in Ned that night, too, as part of the fest.

Is there a specified place to line up, or do we just all hang out in front of a gate and it's a big free-for-all?

There are three main entrances to Red Rocks proper that you can line up at. Two from the bottom (below the stage you ascend and get let in at about stage level) and one from the top that will put you behind the last row upon entering. Any of these entrances is a safe bet.

We will be there. Don't know where the seats are. Hitting the road...........now!

Nice! Hope to run into you....

Literally.

Also, anyone in Denver who can sell me a joint or two would kick soooo much ass! :D

Similar request, quite the difficult task to fly the friendly skies these days with any greenery. Thanks Bin Laden. Anyways, these two tickets I have also would make great barter. :shifty :rock

QUESTION-I bought my ticket from ESue but it is a willcall ticket. I tried to call ticketmaster & never got thru. I have her enevelope addressed to me from her state to mine & a letter from her to the venue releasing the ticket. Do I need anything else?Will I get in to see Wilco?????

Dude, bro...you will get in! From Front Gate Tickets themselves:

How do I let someone else pick up my tickets?

To allow someone else to pick up your tickets at will call, you'll need to write a note on your email confirmation that releases your tickets to another person. If you do not have an email confirmation, you must include the order number on the note as well a copy of your photo ID (the original purchaser.) Make sure the other person takes the note and his/her own photo ID to the show to pick up your ticket. The venue will keep your note. All tickets for one will call order must be claimed at the same time and each order can only be held under one name. Unfortunately, we cannot split a single order into multiple names.

:rock

low to mid 70's with 40% chance of showers. Should be perfect out there tomorrow.

I will be wearing an Electric Fetus t-shirt so say HI if you see me.

I recently bought a camera that takes stills and video. Will I be able to bring it in? I know Wilco allows cameras but this one looks more like a video camera than a photo camera. Thanks for any answers to the dumb question.

so Ive gotten early returns on the Red Rocks show. Wilco (the song) for the opener and I believe "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" was 2nd. I'm getting text updates from my brother, so these are hit and miss. Figured I'd post here until someone starts and After The Show thread.

Wish I was there!

I've been at every RR Wilco appearance and it's always the same, not enough power. This will be my last. Until this band can find a way to project a song loud enough to overcome the intimate conversation in row 30 it seems like like they aren't ready for big venues. When the opener is louder you have problems getting across. I left feeling the band was anemic, again.