Asheville NC 4.21.09

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks! This here's my first post...I've seen Wilco ten or so times and Tweedy twice solo, but for whatever reason I haven't gotten around to digging up the message board.

All I have to say is...sometime near the beginning of 2008, they went, IMO, from merely a really good band to frigging transcendent.

Missed the Knoxville show since the Flaming Lips were in Nashville Saturday night and had tickets to that, but made it out to Asheville - just in time to see Wilco play "Box Full of Letters" for the first time. Well, not *their* first time, clearly, but mine...a friend of mine requested it for me on Wilcoworld but said a lot of other people had put it in as well. I'm glad to hear such a classic tune is still well appreciated by the masses.

I'm really liking the blazing guitar solos in place of the keyboard parts on "Shot in the Arm." The five-minute "Hoodoo Voodoo" was unbelievable.

And what a great photo of Jeff with Lilac!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing that, and for the info, all.

Rock on!!

- DotD, Nashville, TN

This was my 5th Wilco show and of course the boys were amazing as usual. Call me crazy but I have to say I am not a big fan of Candyfloss. Maybe I am swayed by the anti-Jay Bennet sentiment found in the documentary IATTBYH. Candyfloss aside, it was a hell of a show.

Anybody know what the deal was with the pillow? Mikael had it sitting behind him on a shelf, and pulled it down an "played" the keys with it on a couple of occasions.

My take on the pillow: it's a way to just make noise by holding down more keys then he can with his hands/fingers. Sliding over the keys etc., making cool sounds.. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
Listening now. I'm seriously jealous of everyone who was there. They busted out some gems.

Indeed it was... Did you grab the torrent? Are there still people seeding? I haven't had a chance to download yet, but I need to soon.

Indeed it was... Did you grab the torrent? Are there still people seeding? I haven't had a chance to download yet, but I need to soon.

I snoozed when the BT first showed up... I do recall seeing it but hoping there are still some seeds out there. I need to grab it while I can.

I can help seed - but not until I get home, of course. There are two sources.

There are 5 and 12 seeders listed.

Thanks A-man! I should have a chance to grab one of them tonight. I'm sure they both sound good, but I'll start with the one that has the most seeds first and start seeding myself. :)

It will be up at The Wilco Archive - but it may be a while before there is an update. I am sure someone would be willing to send it to you.

Oh, I know but I always rely on the kindess of VC'ers so I should probably learn how it all works at some point. Unless I find that I'm a total idiot and can't figure it out.

Oh, I know but I always rely on the kindess of VC'ers so I should probably learn how it all works at some point. Unless I find that I'm a total idiot and can't figure it out.

There's really not that much to it, especially bittorrent. Thanks to the kindness of folks like A-man, there is a wealth of information here.

That thread pretty much has everything you need to know about downloading/listening to a show. But don't be intimidated; it really is pretty simple. If you can wait until the show makes it to the wilco archive, it's as simple as:

1. Downloading the show

2. Uzip the songs

3. Find an encoder that can change the format from FLAC to MP3 (many good ones listed in that thread)

4. Enjoy!

There's really not that much to it, especially bittorrent. Thanks to the kindness of folks like A-man, there is a wealth of information here.

That thread pretty much has everything you need to know about downloading/listening to a show. But don't be intimidated; it really is pretty simple. If you can wait until the show makes it to the wilco archive, it's as simple as:

1. Downloading the show

2. Uzip the songs

3. Find an encoder that can change the format from FLAC to MP3 (many good ones listed in that thread)

4. Enjoy!

Sounds simple. I will definitely wait until it's up at the archive. I'm interested to see if I can hear myself since I sat right next to one of the tapers (and you guys were right in front of him). Although, I doubt he picked up much because he thanked Christa and I after the show for being, I guess, polite concert goers. :lol

I listened at work so I didn't download it. It's streaming at tela.sugarmegs.org Not the best quality, but works for instant gratification.

Hey, I grabbed the version taped and transferred by Brian Hadella and it is excellent. Vocals are a bit up front, but very little crowd noise (beyond the obligatory "woo hoos" during Sunken Treasure.

Downloaded last night and I'm currently seeding it.

There were around 11 seeds when I downloaded and the speed was around 100+ kbs the whole time. Sounds like this is a pretty popular show. :)