Opening Act 7/8 thru 7/19

I watched that short documentary on his site. It was alright. I'll get the record when it comes out and hearing that they're opening for wilco means I probably will plan a road trip. I think its a good pairing.

I saw him a few years ago in Jersey City -- and I was surprused that I was one of the few adults there not in a chaperone capacity. lot of swooing girls and tees boy with a Conor Oberst-like hair cuts

I've seen him with this new band 3 times now. They are fantastic. Even better this tour than the last. I would love to go to one of these shows. My two favourite bands pretty much. I guess my two Favourites that are actually touring. So that would be way sweet.

Enjoying Conor Oberst on my terms will involve a nap and earplugs.

who would you prefer opening for wilco?? I mean he fits the bill perfectly for a wilco opener... he has sorta the same style (in the ball park anyway), he has that neil young thing about him and he is as good of a song wrtier as tweedy is. I would have though this was a perfect match for a wilco concert.

Who has opened for wilco in the past that has been better?

who would you prefer opening for wilco??

The Pernice Brothers, Henny Youngman, Neko Case, Lucero, Phineas and the Ferbtones, William Elliott Whitmore, Drag the River, The Wayouts, a blender on high, etc.

Who has opened for wilco in the past that has been better?

You post a list of past opening acts and I'll tell you who is better than Conor Oberst.

my morning jacket (imo)

but i enjoy bright eyes and hope to make one of those shows.

well of course I'm a huge MMJ fan and now it would be considered a double bill with MMJ almost as the headliner. Anyway I'm still going to enjoy the mystic river band they are a good pairing me thinks. Okkervil River would have been another good choice but like oberst they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

my morning jacket (imo)

but i enjoy bright eyes and hope to make one of those shows.

Too bad bright eyes isn't opening.

Mystic Valley Band is way better imo

I love conor oberst and his new band. Bring it on.

Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley played a small show in Taos, NM this past summer and i saw them there. I was skeptical because I am not the biggest fan of the newest Conor solo record....but they are infinitely better live. The musicians in the band are incredible and the show had great energy.

I was skeptical because I am not the biggest fan of the newest Conor solo record....but they are infinitely better live. The musicians in the band are incredible and the show had great energy.

Me too!

You wouldn't consider a MMJ show in 2009 a double bill?? MMJ did play MSG last year remember.

They could play the moon for all I care, they're still openers for Wilco.

Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley played a small show in Taos, NM this past summer and i saw them there. I was skeptical because I am not the biggest fan of the newest Conor solo record....but they are infinitely better live. The musicians in the band are incredible and the show had great energy.

I hope they are good or we will have to give them a good-ol' Poughkeepsie-style "get the fuck off the stage" reception.