Opening Act 7/8 thru 7/19

• 3 weeks later...

So, the Cinci show is June 12, and looks like a one-stop warm-up for Bonnaroo on the 13th after they get back from Europe.

In looking at Andrew Bird's tour, he is also playing at Bonnaroo (14th). His date prior to that is June 8 in Colombia, MD.

So.........

It seems only logical that AB would stop by in Cinci to have a one-night warmup with his Wilco buds before the Roo fest.

I approve. Tony, call Andrea and do lunch.

That is all. Carry on.

Phineas and the Ferbtones

The other day on the Fairly Oddparents, the kid's parents (the real parents, not the oddparents) were in some kind of alternate universe where they never had kids, so they got to do things like go to MARF (the Middle Aged Rock Festival). I think most of my favorite bands could probably headline MARF.

So, the Cinci show is June 12, and looks like a one-stop warm-up for Bonnaroo on the 13th after they get back from Europe.

In looking at Andrew Bird's tour, he is also playing at Bonnaroo (14th). His date prior to that is June 8 in Colombia, MD.

So.........

It seems only logical that AB would stop by in Cinci to have a one-night warmup with his Wilco buds before the Roo fest.

I approve. Tony, call Andrea and do lunch.

That is all. Carry on.

:pray

Wow this is some great news to brighten up a shitty monday. Love CO's music. Here's a show they did a while back for KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic that is worth checking out for anyone who wants a preview of sorts:

http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/mb/mb08..._oberst_and_the

EDIT: Oh shit, I read the dates too fast and didn't see July. I'm going to the Cinci show in June. Oh well, hopefully they'll get someone decent to open. MMJ would work for me. ;)

Guest Alan
Who has opened for wilco in the past that has been better?

Blanche was better. MMJ was better. Andrew Bird was better. Wilco does a really great job picking openers but I'm glad I'll be missing this one.

Yo La Tengo!!! w00t!!!

that would be amazing, two of my favorite bands in one night.

that would be amazing, two of my favorite bands in one night.

Alan, my dear...not WOULD! It IS!!!

JUL-13 BROOKLYN, NY KEYSPAN PARK

YO LA TENGO Supports July 13 Only

Guest Alan
Alan, my dear...not WOULD! It IS!!!

JUL-13 BROOKLYN, NY KEYSPAN PARK

YO LA TENGO Supports July 13 Only

aw man AW MAN. i'm not going to that show though. ARGH! so jealous.

aw man AW MAN. i'm not going to that show though. ARGH! so jealous.

Oh, I thought you were considering it. Bummer dude!

Guest Alan
Oh, I thought you were considering it. Bummer dude!

well i am now. i have a friend in brooklyn so i have a place to stay. and i'm recently unemployed so that could either work for or against me when considering time and money. really, i'd kill to see that show.

well i am now. i have a friend in brooklyn so i have a place to stay. and i'm recently unemployed so that could either work for or against me when considering time and money. really, i'd kill to see that show.

Teh do it!

You could probably get away with just knocking over a liquor store for ticket money. A lot less prison time.

You could probably get away with just knocking over a liquor store for ticket money. A lot less prison time.

:lol

Guest Alan

i'm working on this. it involves seling tickets to 3 of the 4 phish shows i planned on seeing, and convincing my girlfriend that school isn't important.