Franklin D. was a playa. And an artist with the media - he knew the value of communicating directly with the American people in eloquent, but simple, terms. He certainly had his prominent media opponents, H.L. Mencken being notable among them, but FDR simply oozed leadership that neither Hoover, Landon, Willkie nor Dewey could match.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would he have fared in today's media-saturated climate? It's impossible to say, and in my opinion comparing the tact of someone from seventy years ago and someone from today is apples and oranges. Biden is clearly more likely to mouth off than FDR, but it's still pointless to say FDR was restrained in an age without microphones up everyone's nose.

I'd rather have a VP that says stupid things than a President that does stupid things; foot-in-mouth disease isn't contagious.

Thank you, Lauren. :cheekkiss

So you are in the middle? Is the left the new right? I haven't mentioned the NWO order in any of my posts on the swine flu nor has it been mentioned in any of the articles I have posted. Did Kirstie mention it?......It must be making you blind too.......I don't care if you are left/right/middle or upside down....The fact that there is a media and government frenzy over this flu is ridiculous.......Common sense should prevail not hysteria........Let's all come back in two weeks and see how many forum members get the swine flu.....I bet you it is zero.......

Enjoy......

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-r...-pigcalypse-now

You don

Guest Speed Racer
You trust the government, I don't......What is wrong with that? I have lived through the assassinations, Viet Nam, Watergate, etc. etc........I have a healthy disdain for the so called "truth" put out by our leaders......I am what I am.......I tried to tell you this in a response last night.......

A lot of people think the way you do, and have for a very long time. My thoughts? One of two statements is true:

* The bad people aren't trying to take us over; they didn't during assassinations, Watergate, or Vietnam, so why now?

OR

* They already have, I'm still incredibly free and prosperous in my mind, and I do my best to help others, so what the hell does it matter?

If the swine flu is being blown out of proportion to conceal some greater devious plot, then what the hell was Terry Schaivo killed to obstruct?

And I know we're not at the point of rationing yet, with the pandemic and all, but save some ellipses for the rest of us, yeah?

Far from being surprised, I expected it........Look, we can argue this until Jay Bennett rejoins Wilco.......I am not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine.......Sharing different views is healthy........I don't think you are any crazier than I for the beliefs you hold.......You trust the government, I don't......What is wrong with that? I have lived through the assassinations, Viet Nam, Watergate, etc. etc........I have a healthy disdain for the so called "truth" put out by our leaders......I am what I am.......I tried to tell you this in a response last night.......The democratic debate in our country is manufactured to keep those that are in power in power.......Stray from what is considered mainstream debate and you are labeled a nut.......But sometimes there is truth there........People are always trying to kill the messenger without looking at the message........You make good points that I take into consideration but seldom are any of the ideas expressed by myself or some of the other "paranoids" on this forum, as you call them, given any credit for exposing one iota of truth.......If only 10% of what they may believe is true, you have to admit there is a problem, but I think the percentage of accuracy is larger than that. I see something of an answer or an explanation to what is going on by looking at the world situation through the prism of global elites trying to increase their power and domination.......It provides me with a clearer picture than shit happens.......Yes, sometimes shit does happen.......But sometimes someone is stirring the shit........Meet me half way here.....They prosper out of promoting chaos and fear.......Are they going to come out and tell us this? No.......Sometimes you have to look where most in the mainstream don't want to look.......You think I like being ridiculed here? I would much rather be posting about Wilco the Album, but shit happens. ;)

A healthy distrust of what our government puts out there as truth can be found in the likes of Noam Chomsky (a hero of mine), however, you

Guest Speed Racer
Amid fears of an approaching aporkalypse

Worth that alone. :lol I saw that and was going to post it, but you were quicker on the draw.

this is all I have to contribute about swine flu now:

from the Washington Post

Yes. We have all but shut down the city here in Fort Worth. No school. No Mayfest. No Cinco de Mayo celebrations. It's becoming a tad ridiculous. We took our daughter to daycare today. Are we going to be jailed for child endangerment?

heard a new joke today! thought this thread could use some lightening up...

It was once said that an African American would be elected as a president "when pigs fly." 100 days into Obama's presidency, swine flu.

:shifty

May 2: problem saturation

A process by which Mainstream Media addresses an issue incessantly, building up to a sense of pending doom. Of course, the problem, while worrisome, does not pose the grave threat they would like you to believe. Finally, MSM abandons coverage of the problem completely, moving on to another problem.

"Honey, why don't we hear any news about the drug cartels anymore?"

"That was last month's problem saturation, dear."