fantastic album/band...

just got to hear the remastered version that Frenchkiss are putting out in August, sounds great :)

I've been enjoying that album quite a lot.

It has supported my thesis that Gruff Rhys just does not have the ability to sing a song that isn't great.

These two, the Antlers Hospice and the Dark Night of the Soul project along w/ Veckatimest are probably...no, for sure, my favs of 09 so far..

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51WMD3FBH8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Picked this up at Electric Fetus this week and I am really liking it so far.

That's his best album. It's so freaking great. I wish he woould take his time with more of his albums like he did with that one.

That's his best album. It's so freaking great. I wish he woould take his time with more of his albums like he did with that one.

I almost picked up the Boston Spaceships while I was there but have not heard much about it yet. Since then a few people have told me it's up there with his best solo stuff.

I almost picked up the Boston Spaceships while I was there but have not heard much about it yet. Since then a few people have told me it's up there with his best solo stuff.

In my opinion, the Boston Spaceship albums are totally up there with FaCE, if not better. I would get Brown Submarine first and then The Planets are Blasted. Both are stellar starting points for his best work but Brown Submarine get quite a bit of play around the house.

You really have to be pretty choosie when considering Pollard's solo albums - there's a lot of crap to wade through in order to find the good stuff. I'm a big fan but a pretty high number of his songs are crap. His batting average has dropped considerably but his more recent works have incressed in quality. After FaCE, it seems he ran out of ideas. It's been within the last year that he's gotten better (since last summers Is Off to Buisness).