• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really digging the Pagan Angel version. Thanks for the tip.

True. I am digging "Lovesong of the Buzzard" (sweet DADGAD tune) and "The Devil Never Sleeps" (wish I could find a good tab for this).

51JXP9CDA5L._AA240_.jpg

Eric Bachmann - To the Races. Can't get enough of it. Love it. Plus, our names are only different by three letters!

Love them too. Love You Just the Same is my favorite Will Johnson release, followed closely by Vultures Await.

i wish i could get into this. the music is always so good and well produced. i just can't get on board with will's voice and sometimes odd lyrics.

i wish i could get into this. the music is always so good and well produced. i just can't get on board with will's voice and sometimes odd lyrics.

My foray into Will Johnson was Fort Recovery. It's an okay album. Next I tried Dual Hawks. Same result. A friend of mine turned me onto Vultures Await. I thought it was pretty good. Then I picked up Love You Just the Same last year and was blown away. I've gone back to some of their other stuff and have gained more of an appreciation - especially for Vultures Await. Will's voice is definitely an acquired taste. He is, however, amazingly talented and prolific. Considering some of the bands you show love for here Rider, I think you should give these guys and/or Will a second chance. If you haven't heard Love You Just the Same, I would start there in your do-over of all things Johnson.

i just can't get on board with will's voice and sometimes odd lyrics.

Funny. A lot of people say this about Jay Farrar, Neil Young, and Bob Dylan. ;)