Wilco ex-member sues frontman Tweedy

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would you want him to contact Pitchfork? Rolling Stone? Who?

There's nothing wrong with contacting Paste. He has a publicist and I'm suspecting she's on overtime right about now. :hmm

would you want him to contact Pitchfork? Rolling Stone? Who?

There's nothing wrong with contacting Paste. He has a publicist and I'm suspecting she's on overtime right about now. :hmm

Now that he has officially responded (through his publicist) I'm more sad than stunned...*sigh*

Why is Jeff responding to Paste of all news outlets? Paste is horrible.

it's probably a blanket statement to anyone who probably contacts asking for a comment on the lawsuit. in the article it states almost that. he didn't pick up the phone and call them.

Now that he has officially responded (through his publicist ? ) I'm more sad than stunned...*sigh*

fixed it for you (added a ? )

I never said he DID use the publicist for the Paste comment (I have no way of knowing that) -- only that he has one, and that she is probably on OT ... new album, new DVD, new tour, vinyl re-release, and now lawsuit. ;)

As a member of several concert experiences with the band Wilco, I believe that I am entitled to proceeds of the concerts I have attended, for with out me there would be no audience, an integral part of the Wilco concert experience. Furthermore, the hand claps furnished on "Kingpin" during the "Kicking Televsion" we're 1/2,300th mine and as such I deserve 1) a seat on the tour bus 2) free fill-ups at all Wilco gas stations in North Carolina and 3) the rights to name the next 7 albums.

See you in court sonny

fixed it for you (added a ? )

I never said he DID use the publicist for the Paste comment (I have no way of knowing that) -- only that he has one, and that she is probably on OT ... new album, new DVD, new tour, vinyl re-release, and now lawsuit. ;)

Sorry, I got a link from someone that said he responded through his publicist.

"Well, would it be possible to sue you people?"

"Sue me? Why would you sue me? What are talking about?"

"Punitive damages."

"Yeah, but why would you sue me?"

"I don't know, sue everybody!"

In 1970, Dirk sued Stig, Nasty, and Barry; Barry sued Dirk, Nasty, and Stig; Nasty sued Barry, Dirk, and Stig; and Stig sued himself accidentally. It was the beginning of a golden era for lawyers, but for the Rutles, live on a London rooftop, it was the beginning of the end.

I thought Frat Boys put Crash Into Me by dave matthews on repeat when they wanted to get pussy...

but i guess belleville alt-country gets the ladies goin too... good to know..

"Crash into Me" wasn't out until after Uncle Tupelo had already broken up. Different eras, brah.

"Satellite," maybe.

I am personally very disappointed that this thread is only up to 13 pages in just less than 24 hours. Come on people, RANT!!

Maybe we need a post from Jay or Jeff to really get this going.

There's way more hate for Jeff on the Chicago Tribune news ticker. And apparently some commenters there think the current line up is a bunch of yes men.

Some one compares the Tweedy/Bennett relationsip to Lennon/McCartney.

Is that any one of YOU?

I'd never go that far. Maybe Lennon/Harrison