Wilco ex-member sues frontman Tweedy

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1970, Dirk sued Stig, Nasty, and Barry; Barry sued Dirk, Nasty, and Stig; Nasty sued Barry, Dirk, and Stig; and Stig sued himself accidentally. It was the beginning of a golden era for lawyers, but for the Rutles, live on a London rooftop, it was the beginning of the end.

:thumbup

I'd never go that far. Maybe Lennon/Harrison

Harrison never comes off as a d-bag, though.

:thumbup

Harrison never comes off as a d-bag, though.

Sure he does. He could be a pretty angry guy sometimes (often, even), despite his gentle "my love belongs to who sees it" persona. Which is not to say that the gentle guy isn't the real guy, just that the angry guy isn't not the real guy too. :twitchsmile

Sure he does. He could be a pretty angry guy sometimes (often, even), despite his gentle "my love belongs to who sees it" persona. Which is not to say that the gentle guy isn't the real guy, just that the angry guy isn't not the real guy too. :twitchsmile

So basically you're saying Jay Bennett is an asshole, right?

Only like one or two of us have ever even sat down one on one with Jay. We don't know how Jay is! NONE of you can call him an ass hole because of this or how he "made" tweedy throw up or anything. Some would say some of you guys are assholes.

I'm saying that people are pretty complex, and it does us and them a disservice to reduce them to caricatures. Doubly so if those caricatures are based mainly on the appearance of one person in a documentary about a band that was edited and released after he was kicked out of the band during the filming of said documentary and thus the portrayal of said person may have suffered a touch, even if it was not intentional. And, of course, a lawsuit. But as people have pointed out, nobody here has any idea whether or not said lawsuit has any merit, and would do well to withhold judgment on the matter, no matter how easy it is to pile on on a message board dedicated to the very band from which said person was expelled during the aforementioned film that documented (among other things) his dismissal, and a band whose leader is the very person named (somewhat inexplicably) as defendant in the lawsuit.

Only like one or two of us have ever even sat down one on one with Jay. We don't know how Jay is! NONE of you can call him an ass hole because of this or how he "made" tweedy throw up or anything. Some would say some of you guys are assholes.

Finally! 13 pages!

you guys are ridiculous BUT i don't want other websites :no :frusty :rolleyes

So are you saying that if this reaches a certain level of ridiculousness, you will want other websites?

Best title for this mess:

From the Decider

:lol

In completely poor taste, a guy on Farrar called it "I Am Trying To break Your Hip". (Jaysus, I feel slimey relaying that. :unsure)

you're fucking creepy you bastard Jay is one of my heroes with jeff tweedy i feel bad for them both

What about the 'hahahahahaha'?

"Well, would it be possible to sue you people?"

"Sue me? Why would you sue me? What are talking about?"

"Punitive damages."

"Yeah, but why would you sue me?"

"I don't know, sue everybody!"

:worship

I have a feeling that the fact it says he's suing Jeff Tweedy is mostly a case of stupid reporting. Jeff Tweedy's not even the one who pays him, and I doubt he produced any part of YHF or the doc. However, the reporting of the situation is very broad and leaves a lot of holes. But who knows, we werent there, so it's definitely possible he got screwed. It's just a little bit of weird timing.

I totally concur -- "Wilco ex Bandmate sues frontman Tweedy" gets more headines then "Disgruntler Musician Sues Production Company and Record Lable."

But -- it would soooooooo suck if Jay was right and Jeff was a total douche. It'd break my heart if Jeff was an asshole.