Wilco ex-member sues frontman Tweedy

I totally concur -- "Wilco ex Bandmate sues frontman Tweedy" gets more headines then "Disgruntler Musician Sues Production Company and Record Lable."

But -- it would soooooooo suck if Jay was right and Jeff was a total douche. It'd break my heart if Jeff was an asshole.

If you check the document posted earlier, Jeff Tweedy is the defendant. Not a case of sloppy reporting.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just funny because its so easy to judge these people you don't know and you can call him an ass or whatever. But imagine you (anyone on this board) gets 50 grand taken from you (if anyone here if has that much to be taken) would you want it back? Everyone is greedy to some extent. Espicially common, living from pay-check to pay-check Americans. Like Jay Bennett, he is no rock star, he is not rich, he is not popular, he isn't even liked. He is a regular guy with a job that pays low like a lot of America right now. Nobody would call anyone else on this board an asshole for asking for money that is theirs. Jay isn't a big shot, Jeff Tweedy isn't either but he has money and could get seven hip replacements if he had to and still buy a Corvette. I don't know where anyone gets off judging Jay. I just hope you all wake up tomorrow to find something stolen from you and you have to sue for it. Then groups of people you don't know call you an asshole.

I totally concur -- "Wilco ex Bandmate sues frontman Tweedy" gets more headines then "Disgruntler Musician Sues Production Company and Record Lable."

But -- it would soooooooo suck if Jay was right and Jeff was a total douche. It'd break my heart if Jeff was an asshole.

There is no question that Jeff is an asshole sometimes.

Jay isn't a big shot, Jeff Tweedy isn't either but he has money and could get seven hip replacements if he had to and still buy a Corvette.

I believe you overestimate how much money Jeff Tweedy has.

Wow, so you're Jeff's accountant? Nice to meet you!

We've met already, and Jeff would be pretty foolish to hire me as his accountant.

you're fucking creepy you bastard Jay is one of my heroes with jeff tweedy i feel bad for them both

:lol

You're fucking? Creepy, you bastard! Jay is one of my heroes. With Jeff Tweedy, I feel bad for them both.

You're fucking creepy, you bastard! Jay is one of my heroes with Jeff Tweedy. I feel bad for them both.

The words are the same but the story is so different.

my point is he has more money than Jay you cannot argue that

So Jeff should just hand over the dough -- because he has more money than Jay?

Not that it matters -- neither of us know if Jeff has less/more money than Jay. That's my point.

We've met already, and Jeff would be pretty foolish to hire me as his accountant.

:lol

:moneycountingsmiley

In completely poor taste, a guy on Farrar called it "I Am Trying To break Your Hip".

aww man... i feel like a total jerk for laughing at that... :ohwell

this whole situation just really sucks. jay has always irritated me on some level but there is no way around the fact that he helped make my 2 favorite wilco albums (YHF and being there) the masterpieces that they are.

I dont' think so. Calling him a pretentious asshole, and then mentioning that the ONLY reason YHF is good was becasue of Bennett, and that he is the reason Summerteeth is their best record..doesn't come off as kind in my eyes.

Hell...that's not much differnet than the background noise here.

Some would say some of you guys are assholes.

I just want to be Jay's friend. He could use a friend.

Wow. That's creepy.

you're fucking creepy you bastard Jay is one of my heroes with jeff tweedy i feel bad for them both

I fucking love this. Too much to drink, maybe, but whatever. :beer

$50,000 may sound cheap...but for an out of court settlement to really happen, there'll have to be a 'once and for all...' type of arrangement, which wont be as cheap...they should go to court...

Just based on what I saw in that movie, Jay Bennett would have driven me crazy too. Does being on VC automatically disqualify one from sitting on the jury?

Thank god. I HATE jury duty.

And I gotta say, Bennett's solo performance in IATTBYH was one of the most awful things I have ever seen in a movie, or in person.

"I dreamed about suing Jeff again last night..."

"and it felt alright to me"

No Money in The Bank for my hip replacement

and My Dreadlocks smell like pee

I realize that this is all a media display

but I need to get paid.

I'll sue the band for very little

and hope that we settle

I need some money

I need some money

Via Cook Courtroom