Wilco ex-member sues frontman Tweedy

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$50,000 may sound cheap...but for an out of court settlement to really happen, there'll have to be a 'once and for all...' type of arrangement, which wont be as cheap...they should go to court...

I believe 50k is the magic number for the type of court case it will be in illinois. It basically says that 50k is the bare minimum but including court fees and actual judgment it may be well more than that.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/05/05/Wilco.pdf

Actually, I think it just assumes he has decent medical insurance and enough cash to buy a sports car.

what is this Canada? Decent medical coverage?! First decent medical coverage, then universal health care and then God knows what. Harump

J.C., V.C.!

14 pages in one day! Doesn't anybody on here work, have a hobby, masturbate or such?

My work is having a hobby, which happens to be maturbating

Potential silver lining: If it's settled out of court, or a court rules in favor of Jay, and Wilco/Jeff Tweedy will has to pony up some cash, that means more concerts/albums for us!

See, I am a glass half full kind of gal.

Here is a post I made on the Farrar board a couple years back regarding meeting Jay Bennett. This whole situation is very sad...But I wanted to share this moment because its still one of my favorite rock n roll moments of all time:

I had the pleasure of speaking to JB for nearly 45 minutes after a solo show he did with Edward Burch at Stubbs in Austin. If I recall correctly it was his first solo tour after the split with Wilco and several months before the release of the IATTBYH documentary. To this day I regret not going home and writting down everything we spoke about, because I was quite buzzed at the time and come the next morning the memories were very hazy.

It all started out as a dare from my friends. The four of us comprised about a quarter of the crowd that night inside the small hallows that was Stubbs Indoors (not the outside amiptheatre that some of you have been to). As the show ended, Jay and Edward began to pack up their gear. Jay looking exactly as he did in the Wilco documentary, cigarette hanging outside his mouth, long shaggy (no dreads though) hair covering half his face.

I remember walking up to him and letting him know what a great show it was (yeah, I know Mark Spencer, real original). His back was to me as he was picking up a PA, so I didnt get a verbal or physical response. I then told him that I was at the Fillmore in '97 for two nights of Wilco and that it was the greatest show I had ever seen. Instantly he put down the PA, turned around and put his arm out. WIth a huge smile covering his bulky head he put out his arm and shook my hand.

For the next 45 or so minutes we sat at the front of the stage discussing everything Wilco. I had lied to him about being at the Fillmore shows, hell I hadnt even heard of Wilco until '98 but I had just purchased a bootleg of the two shows about a month prior, so I had memorized every detail of those two evenings. Here is all that I remember about that night meeting teh Bennett.

1. He took me to the backstage green room, where he gave me his last Sierra Neveda. I then returned the favor by buying him a Lone Star at the bar. (I kept that Sierra bottle for like six months, and then my fiance threw it out.)

2, He had nothing bad to say about any members of the band.

3. He LOVED being a part of Wilco and you could sense how badly he missed being in the band (hell we spoke for 45 minutes about nothing but the band!!!)

4. I do remember him saying that he sensed his demise from the band long before the decision was officialy made by Jeff.

5. He did admit that Jeff was extremely controlling (but he also admitted that he was as well) and kept refering to Wilco as "jeff's band."

6. He was every bit as dramatic in person as he was in the doc. What you see is what you get.

Lastly he seemed genuinely interested in everything I had to say. Reminded me of some of my friends (seems like he would be a great friend who would do anything for you, but has too many of his own issues to overcome).

Where did you get this? LoL

That could be the only time i've seen jeff with clean facial hair... the lincoln look suits him lol

That could be the only time i've seen jeff with clean facial hair... the lincoln look suits him lol

Not to nitpick, but I think he's actually trying to be an Amish farmer type dude.

Not to nitpick, but I think he's actually trying to be an Amish farmer type dude.

You beat me to the nitpickin. NE Indiana has a large Amish population, and one day while driving down a city street, we pass by an Amish man walking on the sidewalk, and my 6-year-old nephew with a lisp says: "Wook Wook! It's Abwaham Winkin!" We tease him about that still. :lol

...I realize that.. still the man has been known to grow some pretty dirty facial hair. and i love it..

I guarantee that Jeff Tweedy has s h i t lo ad of cashola.

Since this is guaranteed, what do I get if I take you up on your guarantee and he does not have a 's h i t lo ad of cashola'? Also how much is a 's h i t lo ad'?

Since this is guaranteed, what do I get if I take you up on your guarantee and he does not has a 's h i t lo ad of cashola'? Also how much is a 's h i t lo ad'?

He has enough to go to EVERY Wilco show, that much I know

I guarantee that Jeff Tweedy has s h i t lo ad of cashola.

I doubt it. He clearly likes to spend his money on expensive guitars as fast as he makes it. It's amazing he has any money at all.

progress2.jpg

That's a 'shitload', not a 's h i t lo ad'.

I bet Jeff was a Little Lebowski Urban Achiever, and he's been lying about it the whole time.

Nihilists.jpg

Jay and his posse's new look..?