was wondering if anyone was at this show - probably the best wilco show i've been to. they did the "how can I?" routine, but they reversed it, so the crowd asked "how can i?" and they screamed into the mics. it was amazing. they also brought along a couple of young horn players for monday/i'm the man who loves you. i just looked at the setlist and got goosebumps.

n1083660232300234504217m.jpg

n1083660232300234777688.jpg

this probably belongs in after the show, but i figured since it was quite a long time ago it wouldn't get that many views.

It is funny how people remember the shows differently. Out of the 10 shows I have seen that was my least favorite. The horns were cool though. I just remember not enjoying the setlist (Besides Forget the Flowers), it was also hot in there, oversold and the sound wasn't good as I was standing on the far side (Short show too only 20 songs!) . I did have a good time talgating in the lot though....I remember I met up with Deafro (Ronan) he hasn't been on Viachicago in years but it was a good time...Anyway thanks for the pics...

I'm glad someone else liked this show. I seem to have had the exact opposite thoughts of this show than many VCers, most of whom have the same comments as remphish1. I thought the venue and the sound were outstanding. I liked that the place was wide rather than deep, so you could be close to the stage from nearly anywhere you stood. There were multiple bars and multiple levels that allowed for many great viewing points. It may have been crowded, but I had no problem walking around and found a great spot at a back bar near where the horns played.

What I also liked about it was how small the place was. The couple of shows I saw before that one (and since for that matter) were in bigger venues, so I was thrilled to see them in a bar-like setting. It remains one of my favorite Wilco shows after the Radio City shows in '04.

I also recall the opening band being pretty wild, with a female singer straddling a bass drum with a stick in each hand.

Here's a link to the reviews of the show on VC: http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?sho...eville&st=0

It was WAY oversold. Tweedy also seemed PO'd, IIRC there was somebody towards the front heckling him.

The music was solid but the overall experience was less than stellar.

Someone gave him the middle finger and I remember him sticking it back facing down and said "Would you like me to turn it up, sir!"

The hand with the brown corduroy jacket sleeve in the front center (follow Glenn's stick straight down) is me. :)

It's up there with my top Wilco shows ever. I chalk that up largely to being up front and feeling the energy of a jam packed club show that was exuded by the band.

The opener was spot on too, they played a bunch of Ennio Morricone tunes.

They were called Morricone Youth, and were/are friends of Mike's if I recall correctly. Not sure if they're still around, but I really liked their set that night.

I think the horn section they had with them was made up of three Brown University kids who played with them at the show in Providence a few nights before and did so well that they were invited to play at a couple more shows on that little run.

This was my first Wilco concert -- so it was very special. I saw Chris Cimino -- NBC weather man -- on line.

In the second picture, I'm the woman with the brown hair right in front of Nels and John. I was very happy with Spiders. Kingpin ws great. I even took some great picture of Jeff, but did not save them to my computer. Remember Jeff's line about the horn players , who he said they picked up hitchhiking on 95. "We told them we'd give them a ride if they gave us a blow job."

Are any of the folks who braved the cold and the rain outside the tour bus reading this? I think I had more fun with you than I did meeting the band -- most of whom came out to talk and sign (except for Jeff and Mikel). John was very nice, and talked for awhile. I asked him how many people say, "I've got nothing for you to sign." He said not too many any more, but -- when they did -- he got to see alot of ass. And he giggled dirtily. We even got some pizza from Jason.

I remember that night very fondly -- not my favorite Wilco concert (that'd be Pines Theater June 07) -- but they rocked and the people I met were nice. I was far from the drunks.

We must have been right next to each other cos was just looking at your pictures and they are so similar to mine from that night, just alittle bit closer.

Sigh -- can't wait for the next show, Wappingers Falls, here I come!

This was my first Wilco concert -- so it was very special. I saw Chris Cimino -- NBC weather man -- on line.

In the second picture, I'm the woman with the brown hair right in front of Nels and John. I was very happy with Spiders. Kingpin ws great. I even took some great picture of Jeff, but did not save them to my computer. Remember Jeff's line about the horn players , who he said they picked up hitchhiking on 95. "We told them we'd give them a ride if they gave us a blow job."

Are any of the folks who braved the cold and the rain outside the tour bus reading this? I think I had more fun with you than I did meeting the band -- most of whom came out to talk and sign (except for Jeff and Mikel). John was very nice, and talked for awhile. I asked him how many people say, "I've got nothing for you to sign." He said not too many any more, but -- when they did -- he got to see alot of ass. And he giggled dirtily. We even got some pizza from Jason.

I remember that night very fondly -- not my favorite Wilco concert (that'd be Pines Theater June 07) -- but they rocked and the people I met were nice. I was far from the drunks.

Chris Cimino catches the band regularly. I have seen him at several shows making him by far the coolest weatherman since Al Sleet.

It was WAY oversold. Tweedy also seemed PO'd, IIRC there was somebody towards the front heckling him.

The music was solid but the overall experience was less than stellar.

Yeah there was a dude who was doing the whole "i'm drunk and need 30 square feet to dance" thing. Then Jeff told him that he's being an ass, and needed to calm down or he was on a path that's heading straight to Satan's kingdom. It was one of his funnier banter moments in my opinion.

it made me really happy at the end when Jeff said "thanks for coming...except you."

i would also love to get this recording...the one on dime is down/gone. help? :)

if the reason this is your favorite show is cause you can be seen in the pictures, you are missing the point

if the reason this is your favorite show is cause your favorite WEATHERMAN was there, you dont even know there is a point to be missed

it is a completely shitty venue, worst ever crowd control

the owners of the venue oversold the crap outta the place and I can guarantee W will never play there again

that said, and if you were there, and if you cant be seen in the pictures, and you didnt know the forecast that night real time, the Kingpin that night was killer

I was at this show, too. and I liked the rough and tumbleness of it.... dug jeff's brief bruce impression and his worry that it would end up with him in the marshes. jeff making jokes about making the horn section trade getting a ride for giving him blowjob.

yeah re: that noisy drunk... jeff actually said to him, "I hate you." before telling him he meant that in a way that was as someone who cared about him... and the actual words were that if he continued the path he was on that it was "a road sign pointing straight to satan's cage".

it made for a nice segue into "jesus, etc.".

IMG_5469.jpg

IMG_5390.jpg

if the reason this is your favorite show is cause you can be seen in the pictures, you are missing the point

if the reason this is your favorite show is cause your favorite WEATHERMAN was there, you dont even know there is a point to be missed

This was a great show cos they kicked ass (which they always do) -- and because there were some nice extras -- like the weather man and the nice people I met. Do read everything or just pick pit bits and pieces?

I wish I could've gone to this show :(

But I love love love this venue...seen so many amazing shows in the venue and in the lot. Even played a gig on that stage once. When I played there, one of the thoughts I had was..."holy shit, Wilco's played here"!