Wilco (the lyrics)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always hear Eminem's suburban gangsta flow in sonny feeling, if its him and her's, anyone wanna take a stab at lines meaning?

You are correct! (There's pretty much a week until this thread is entirely superfluous?)

Seriously, is that what is being sung? :huh

"Eminem's suburban gangster flow" is... I dunno...

It's like that New Radicals song 'You Get What You Give' which is otherwise a fantastic, almost timeless tune until it launches into...

Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson,

Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson

You're all fakes, run to your mansions

Come around, we'll kick your ass in. :no

This may seem ludicrous and is probably already known to be untrue (have people posted corrections to anything?) but in You Never Know I have always been hearing "get back to black meadows and pearls" and thought it must be Jeff's incredibly roundabout way of saying get back to school (black meadows = chalkboards, with pearls of wisdom...stretch your brain enough and it makes bizarre sense...).

If that's as wrong as I'm fearing it is I'll have to break myself of the habit of hearing it that way.

After wrestling still longer with that elusive line in "You Never Know", after "It's a long, heavy hell".....going way out on a limb here, but could it possibly be......

"Synthesizer Patel"? :brow

(google it)

Now that we know this is correct, any idea what the hell it means in the context of the song?!

Now that we know this is correct, any idea what the hell it means in the context of the song?!

I have it on good authority that in the context of the song, you probably shouldn't search for too much hidden meaning. :) But do you hear the synthesizer part right after it? Makes me smile every time now.

Guest Speed Racer

"Eminem's suburban gangster flow" is... I dunno...

See, I heard the line as "him and his" because that verse in particular sounded like an extension (reprise?) of "Retrieval of You." I'm inclined to think DJ Mini Mart had suburban gangster flow...

Sad that's not the case!