• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not much to look at. And, for the rest of you, I think the addresses have now been scrubbed.

I checked it out on Google maps and yes, not much to look at. I just got my old bike back and was looking for someplace to ride. Just thought it might be cool to check out. Even if I did see anyone in the band outside I wouldn't approach them. Not much for bothering musicians when they are just living their lives.

Guest Speed Racer
Thanks to these pics I now know where the loft is. Going to ride my bike over there tomorrow. Just check it out.

Doing that makes you a curious fan, which a lot of us are. Posting that makes you a creepy fan, which a lot of us could be but would rather not be.

Guest Speed Racer
Whatever...

Posting that is your way of saying, "I'm doing something which could be violating certain people's boundaries, but it's not because I'm legit, man." Announcing your trip is pointless, and boisterous in all the wrong ways.

Posting that is your way of saying, "I'm doing something which could be violating certain people's boundaries, but it's not because I'm legit, man." Announcing your trip is pointless, and boisterous in all the wrong ways.

I see your point, but you don't know me and are projecting your own view on someone you don't know based on a very simple post. I think you need to relax. I think if you met me you would see that I quite a pleasant person. I purposely didn't post anything yesterday when the other pic was up. Mods feel free to delete my posts as well as the replies if you feel I am crossing any boundaries.

Off to the Cubs game, have a nice day everyone.

why was my post deleted?

I just asked if anyone knew where the loft was?

I'm not asking for an address. Please you can google Taylor Swifts house. The loft is not the only place that has expensive equipment in it. Ie. Hospitals and Music stores... and banks...

I just wanted to know if anyone actually knows where it is.

On a separate note it was pretty cool on the Coldplay board when some fans found the "Bakery" where they recorded their last album.

Behind the scenes stuff is cool.

It's been discussed here before, and the final verdict is, it's considered inappropriate to discuss the location of the loft. It's not about the expensive equipment, it's about the band's privacy.

Yeah, some people do know where it is. But the goal is to not have that information spread any further by anything that's posted on this board.

this is true. they deserve their privacy.

now lets get back to looking at their studio with a NASA commissioned telescopic zoom lens..

This elicited a real life Bill-Murray-in-Rushmore-trying-to-stifle-a-laugh response from me.

Is that a picture of Garth Hudson from The Band back on the typewriter on the bookshelf? It looks like him, and I've def. heard some of his influence on the organs in SBS and WTA.

and you calling him on it is kinda pointless. who cares if he wants to go check it out?

Guest Speed Racer
and you calling him on it is kinda pointless. who cares if he wants to go check it out?

Look, Wilco gets to define the parameters of our relationship to their personal lives. Period. If that, to them, means we get to look at NASA-tech photos of the Loft, then that's what it is. If they want us to come to the Loft, they'll host the first annual Wilco Loft Block Party; I may be the first person there - who knows? Bottom line, it is their line to draw.

An analogy: If bcart slapped some woman's ass at a professional conference, I don't care if they're best friends - the action is inappropriate for the venue. If he didn't (in the analogy; doesn't, in real life) get his lights punched out for the act, then he has not crossed any boundaries on the terms of their mutually-defined relationship; that relationship is none of my business, and I don't need to hear about it. In THIS venue, we just see some jackass slapping a woman's ass; that's out of line, and I don't mind calling him on it.

On the third row of tape stuck to the column on the far left (the tape used to mark the tracks on the boards) there is one segment that says "Feist" and what looks like a crude drawing of the business end of a Garden Weasel! :rotfl

Maybe I'm seeing things, but I don't think so...

There is a single speck of dust on the mixing console to the right of the red and yellow speaker. It is approximately 1/10000th of an inch in length. I can almost make out its atomic structure. I'm sure it plays a significant role during the recording process.

Guest Speed Racer
There is a single speck of dust on the mixing console to the right of the red and yellow speaker. It is approximately 1/10000th of an inch in length. I can almost make out its atomic structure. I'm sure it plays a significant role during the recording process.

That belongs to Jay Bennett, and his attorneys have been notified of your discovery.