Guest Speed Racer
Rimshot!

:throwup

Please don't ever use Jay Bennett and 'rimshot' in a single, linear thought ever again. My attorneys will be contacting you. :lol

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, Wilco gets to define the parameters of our relationship to their personal lives. Period. If that, to them, means we get to look at NASA-tech photos of the Loft, then that's what it is. If they want us to come to the Loft, they'll host the first annual Wilco Loft Block Party; I may be the first person there - who knows? Bottom line, it is their line to draw.

i don't think he said anything about intruding on their lives. it seemed like he was just saying he wanted to see the building. i don't see why that is such a big deal. there's a difference between checking out the building and actively trying to break in or something.

a more apropos analogy would be him checking out a woman and him slapping the woman on the ass. one is done every day, no big. the other is creepy.

Guest Speed Racer
don't see why that is such a big deal.

My quote you posted answers this question explicitly, so I'm done with this conversation.

There is a single speck of dust on the mixing console to the right of the red and yellow speaker. It is approximately 1/10000th of an inch in length. I can almost make out its atomic structure. I'm sure it plays a significant role during the recording process.

If this is aimed at my Garden Weasel discovery, lay off, I'm trying to pass some time at work. :lol

If this is aimed at my Garden Weasel discovery, lay off, I'm trying to pass some time at work. :lol

Nah, it's poking fun of the fact that all of us (me included) are combing the Loft Cam for any bit of info. :lol

For a bit of prespective, my youngest son noted the following:

- "Poor John only has 3 bass guitars" where there are dozens of guitars...

- He wanted to know why Glenn was stuck in a box with "pointed walls" in the corner. I told him it was because he was dangerous :)

- He asked if those were the rugs they took on tour with them.

My oldest spotted the tenor guitar on the far left in the front row of the guitars with great envy.

It's either him or Garth Hudson.

--Mike

I guessed a few pages back that it was Mr. Hudson... mainly because you can hear his organ stylings on SBS and WTA. The typewriter may also be a nod to the way Dylan and The Band used to produce content. I've heard interviews with Robbie Robertson talking about how they used to sit around The Big Pink and there would be typewriters clicking away through the whole place.

It really doesn't look like Garth's face. Everything in the pic aside from the face says Garth.

Maybe carlos would be good enough to ask Jeff for us.

That's why I said Scott Spillane. Those eyes look more like his than Garth's. But that guy in the picture isn't rotund enough to be Scott Spillane. I'm going to ride my bike over to the loft and figure this out.