Pre Order through Nonesuch or Wilcoworld/Kung Fu

Guest Speed Racer
9 effing dollars for shipping? Wilco may love you, but Kung Fu is full of sh*t.

Ha! My reaction, too. But 2-3 days is better than Musictoday's carrier pigeon whimsy.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Speed Racer
Indeed. Hopefully 2-3 days doesn't mean 2-3 days from whenever we bother to get it in the mail (a la Musictoday...)

My imaging of MT's warehouse has a stockboy saddling up a blind dog with the packages, and the dog wandering through the warehouse looking for the USPS truck...

My imaging of MT's warehouse has a stockboy saddling up a blind dog with the packages, and the dog wandering through the warehouse looking for the USPS truck...

so many people have had bad experiences with MT, but they have always shipped my product so that it arrives before the release date. I had no idea people had so many problems with them until I came on this board. Kind of sad they are gone actually.

Guest Speed Racer

Weekly drawing! Everyone who pre-orders is automatically entered. Look like fun prizes!

I hope the vinyl is a cool gatefold kind of thing... I usually associate that with 2LP's though. Anyone heard anything on that?

Website says it 'boasts a gatefold.'

Guest Speed Racer
I don't think I have an iron.

That would be a hell of a way to introduce yourself to your neighbors:

"OMG OMG OMG OMG I JUST GOT MY WILCO PRE-ORDER OMG OMG OMG DO YOU HAVE AN IRON FOR ME IRON-ON WILCO (THE SHIRT)?!?!!? OMG OMG OMG"

I'm stumped about which to order as well, all the deals look good, but the most expensive one is the deal i'd really like to have except for the tote, i have the sky blue sky tote but never really use it.(in public anyway lol) i can see using it for a book bag etc. but for carrying children? a fetus maybe but not a full grown child lol

One of the weekly drawing prizes:

* an official major league baseball signed by the Wilco crew

I really hope they literally just mean the Wilco crew.

:lol

I would love to get the home answering machine one! As if my friends need any more of a reason to think I am Wilco-crazy!

Guest Speed Racer

Almost no one I see daily has ever been with me for a Wilco album release, and I'm pretty sure a few of my co-workers are a day or two away from bringing a straight-jacket to the office. :lol On the other hand, another co-worker took off last Friday and this Monday on a Star Trek bender...

so i'm completely torn. when sky blue sky came out, i did the whole preorder thing from the website only to find out a few weeks later that there was a cd w/a dvd that couldn't be had by purchasing the vinyl only to find out after that buying from a record store got you the cd with bonus songs. i now own 2 versions of sky blue sky because i wanted the dvd and the bonus cd and the vinyl. part of me really wants to preorder from wilco world, but part of me is waiting for a repeat of the sky blue sky oh and by the way thing to happen. *sigh*

also, i am guessing someone is a fan of Wait, Wait don't tell. :) as the home answering machine bit is a prize from that show, but only with Carl Castle (a chicago based NPR show for those that haven't discovered its awesomeness!)