Have you or haven't you?

Wilco (the album)  

139 members have voted

1. 1. The following best describes my partaking so far :

• I have not listened to any studio recording from W(TA)
    • I have only listened to the stream, not the leak
    • I have listened to (but do not possess) a copy of the leak
    • I have a copy of the leak, and have listened to it
    • I have no idea what you are talking about
    • I have recently adopted a camel

I can't wait to see the uberfan who adopted a camel. I used to smoke Camels, if that's any good to you.

Actually, nix that. It really doesn't sound right at all. :unsure

Believe it or not I have abstained so far. This could change - possibly today.

I think it would be interesting to have two answers for I have a copy of the leak:

'I have a copy of the leak, and have listened to it and will buy a legitimate copy when it is released'

'I have a copy of the leak, and have listened to it and do not plan to by a legitmate copy when it is released'

Count me in on the first response.

I have the leak, listen to it via computer, CD/car, and mp3 player. I have pre-ordered the vinyl/t-shirt combo. Can't wait to get it!

I have listened to the leak very often, but then again I also preordered the shirt/tote/vinyl/CD combo, so I have some rights...am I wrong?

Same here. I don't feel guilty after dropping the money. Plus I ordered four tickets to the Cincinnati concert, so I've invested quite a bit in W(TA) already.

I bought (in a second hand store) a press copy of SBS about 6 weeks before it came out and although I enjoyed it, when the offical release came around (which I bought) it didn't quite feel like 'the event' if should. So this time I have signed the pledge for sheer abstainance!!! :whoo

Okay I am an idiot.....for some reason I can't even find the stream on WilcoWorld. I have looked all over the site too....consiquently have not yet listened to it.

LouieB

Okay I am an idiot.....for some reason I can't even find the stream on WilcoWorld. I have looked all over the site too....consiquently have not yet listened to it.

LouieB

Louie, It's not on there anymore. They said it would be back up sporadically before the release. I think with SBS they did it on weekend nights.

• Like 1

i don't really understand why they are stingy with the stream...

the thing is out there all over the internet and if someone wants to listen to it, they can.

does it have something to do with the label, you think?

i don't really understand why they are stingy with the stream...

the thing is out there all over the internet and if someone wants to listen to it, they can.

does it have something to do with the label, you think?

That would be my guess.

Plus, I think the majority of people aren't as proficient in finding copies of the album. Making the stream sporadic builds up anticipation for an album that is already out there.

Abstainer here.

It also explains why I avoid this section of the board. I intend to drive to a record store and buy the LP on release day, just like God intended.

Kevin

I guess since the stream is so hit and miss I will be doing the same. Actually I plan to buy it at the Hideout.

LouieB

Have not listened to it on purpose. Waiting for the real deal.

Wow, I admire your strength... I was planning on abstaining but after three days, I caved.....

I listen to the leak everyday.. But also plan on purchasing both the CD and LP the day it comes out.

I am still pure. At this point, it's nothing more than just a test of my willpower... kind of like my pal who wanted to see how long he could go without hot dogs.

I am still pure. At this point, it's nothing more than just a test of my willpower... kind of like my pal who wanted to see how long he could go without hot dogs.

I admire your willpower, although I think it would be easier to abstain from hot dogs than the new album.

I recently adopted a camel (haven't we all?) but I don't see what that has to do with the leak (which I have obtained and listened to). I will be purchasing the album on vinyl (why not? It's like $6 more and you get a copy of the CD).