Jay Bennett R.I.P

The musical universe has lost a great one. We'll miss you, Jay.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get goose bumps every time I see that scene......great song .....should've been on YHF if at all at least "hidden'' on the end.     -Robert

This isn't in anyway a confirmation but as of 6:58 eastern his wikipedia page has news of his death: Jay Bennett.   --Mike

Does anyone know Basil II (Robert) well? He's a huge fan of JB, is there a fast way to contact him?   --Mike

Posted Images

Does anyone know Basil II (Robert) well? He's a huge fan of JB, is there a fast way to contact him?

--Mike

I do. All I have on paper is his old number. His new number was in my inbox, but the inbox seems to be gone? Honestly, I can't seem to find it. Crap.

What a shock to pop onto the board and discover such a tragic thread. Jay was a tremendously important part of Wilco's most impressive era as songwriters and recording artists, and he leaves behind a respectable body of work as a solo artist. Like another poster before me said, he participated in three of the greatest albums ever made, and his talents will always be remembered by music fans the world over. What a devastating turn of events.

I so wanted to believe this was another stupid internet death hoax. What horribly sad news. I haven't been a Wilco fan since the early days and never saw the lineup that included Jay, but he had a hand in a lot of songs that have carried me through a lot, both good and bad. May he rest in peace.

What a shock to pop onto the board and discover such a tragic thread. Jay was a tremendously important part of Wilco's most impressive era as songwriters and recording artists, and he leaves behind a respectable body of work as a solo artist. Like another poster before me said, he participated in three of the greatest albums ever made, and his talents will always be remembered by music fans the world over. What a devastating turn of events.

Let's not forget his contributions to the Mermaid Avenue albums. Who knows, maybe he's jamming with Woody right now.

Let's not forget his contributions to the Mermaid Avenue albums. Who knows, maybe he's jamming with Woody right now.

That's so true. Thanks for that thought right now. It made me smile when I really needed to. :upset

I've been following this news all night... what a strange and awful journey from initial shock to being convinced it is a hoax to being convinced it is true.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Bennett. Your contributions to the world of music have meant--and will continue to mean--a great deal to me.

This is a very sad day in Wilcoworld. Jay's contributions to Wilco were huge and his influence on the band will be felt for as long as the songs her helped write and arrange are played. Rest in Peace Jay!! Truly sad.

LouieB