Do not adjust your television sets...

Guest Speed Racer

I was getting a VC-related index error message - the one that came up during the switchover, too - then it just didn't load this morning the first time I tried. Ten minutes later, I was in.

From RainDog:

"I can't even get to the page anymore. When I click Via Chicago, it goes to ask.com search engine."

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

because we're all a bunch of smart asses, that +/- button is going to make us all negative. I love it!   am I the only one that quotes aren't showing up any differently from what someone wrote after q

No sweat. I voted it back up so I'm dead even on broke for votes. If I only knew what this meant....

I plan on using the yellow Report button early and often.

Posted Images

hmm... apparently some certain browsers were shut out from loading this morning (Safari for sure), weird...

i think i've got that part fixed at least (even though it wasn't really a "fix" so much as giving PHP more memory, which i didn't really want to have to do... *sigh*)

I was getting a VC-related index error message - the one that came up during the switchover, too - then it just didn't load this morning the first time I tried. Ten minutes later, I was in.

From RainDog:

"I can't even get to the page anymore. When I click Via Chicago, it goes to ask.com search engine."

I've been getting the same things intermittently since the change over. I'm on the latest version of Firefox on the Mac. it will also spin out sometimes when I go to post something. It just loads and loads and doesn't go anywhere. I end up closing the window and log back in and hours later the attempted post shows up.

--

also, OMG I miss the +/- minus button already. :upset i know we only had it for all of a few nanoseconds in the grand scheme of things, but now I have this phantom reflex of going over to that part of the screen and trying to +/- something. :punch

also, OMG I miss the +/- minus button already. :upset i know we only had it for all of a few nanoseconds in the grand scheme of things, but now I have this phantom reflex of going over to that part of the screen and trying to +/- something. :punch

I hadn't even noticed it was gone. Good riddance! :D

Two things I've noticed: The "Add Reply" button keeps disappearing when I roll over it. And I can't seem to view any profiles (or my own for that matter).

I can't view profiles either, and I'm a moderator, dammit!

However, I applaud the removal of that "new topics" box on the right hand side of the main index. :thumbup

However, I applaud the removal of that "new topics" box on the right hand side of the main index. :thumbup

FYI, you could turn that off. There was an "X" or something that you could click and it went away, replaced by a tiny little tab that you could click to make it reappear.

I only mention this in case it reappears sometime.

Hey Kyle, I was going to pm you to ask why I'm not getting any email notifications of topic replies, although all my settings are correct & I redid them just to be certain. But I have just discovered this message when I try to use pm's:

[#10227] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.

:realmad Hmmmph.

Can't see profiles either, including my own, but maybe that's something you've set to keep our usage under limits?

I've been getting the same things intermittently since the change over. I'm on the latest version of Firefox on the Mac. it will also spin out sometimes when I go to post something. It just loads and loads and doesn't go anywhere. I end up closing the window and log back in and hours later the attempted post shows up

Yeah, I have been having the same problem on my mac laptop. Though since about five this evening, everything has been running clean.

--Mike.

until i figure out what's killing the CPU i def have to turn "performance mode" on (which i realize disables PM, profiles, searching, etc.), hopefully it'll just be over the weekend and I can address it on Sunday evening/Monday.

we were up 11 hours straight with it yesterday, then i turned it back off before bed last night at 2:30 and woke up this morning at 8 to the server locked up with loads over 200x it's normal usage :(

have you tried kicking it?

ask PEB if you can borrow his boots

You just do what you've gotta do, Kyle, and thanks for it. I imagine this buncha yahoos can survive a few days (or more) of pm/profile deprivation without whining like sick puppies. Maybe puppies, but not sick ones. B)

Is "performance mode" also the reason I'm not getting email notification of anything?

Also (the mom in me) I hope you are wearing sturdy shoes when you're kicking things, young man. :nono

:cheekkiss

• 2 weeks later...

Any movement on getting the "mark forums as read" feature to work? I have not changed cookie settings on my end at all (although I have deleted them), but every time I mark a forum as read, the next time I'm at the main forum switchboard, it shows as having new posts, even if there is no new activity.

Also, anything on getting my work computer to recognize that I have been online from home and vice-versa?

Any movement on getting the "mark forums as read" feature to work? I have not changed cookie settings on my end at all (although I have deleted them), but every time I mark a forum as read, the next time I'm at the main forum switchboard, it shows as having new posts, even if there is no new activity.

Also, anything on getting my work computer to recognize that I have been online from home and vice-versa?

unfortunately that's all up to IPB to fix with Release Candidate 2 (RC2)

topic/forum markers are no longer cookie based according to them, so why it's not working atm under RC1 when they seem to claim it should, is beyond me. if it's not working once i upgrade to RC2, then we'll have a problem. :)