Unlikely Japan...?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Guest godhatesreligion

In case anybody wasn't able to analyze either "Impossible Germany" or "Unlikely Japan", I'm pretty sure these are opposite songs with the exact same theme... in "Impossible Germany", Jeff is saying that falling in love takes away all the global problems people face that are such a mess, and that reality isn't these problems, while escaping them through falling in love is. I think it's one of the most beautiful statements I've ever read in a song or poem. Then, in "Unlikely Japan" you have Jeff showing how disgusting things are when you don't have a partner to share a problem world with... the woman's tape recorder and phone she uses are big-time metaphors also used by such artists as David Lynch and Alfred Hitchcock, and in this song I think they partially represent the unromantic, modern-day woman being discussed.

I thought that the poem called "Unlikely Japan" kind of morphed into Loose Fur's "Wanted." So this probably isn't that, exactly.

Jeff signed this poem in my Adult Head. Funny, thing cos he signed it "You Suck :) Jeff Tweedy" cos during the show - Calvin Theater, Nov,. 05, I shouted "You Suck" when he said that he was not going to do my request.

I framed it. Sigh

Jeff signed this poem in my Adult Head. Funny, thing cos he signed it "You Suck :) Jeff Tweedy" cos during the show - Calvin Theater, Nov,. 05, I shouted "You Suck" when he said that he was not going to do my request.

I framed it. Sigh

Cool story. Not sure if I can pinpoint what voice you had in the "black abyss'?

This is also where I got to meet Jeff after the show and have my picture taken with him. Is your avatar from that show?

I know in my picture it looks like Jeff is coming out of a Dharma (from Lost) Station. I'll have to find it and post it.

Photo 14.jpg

I tol him he sucked before the last song, when he said that a woman wanted to hear Via Chicago, but he was noty going to do i.

Avata is from Beacon Benefit Show in march. This is me from the March 05 show:

Here's the picture from Calvin 05, too quick with the typing:

Me and Jeff2.jpg