Wilco -- 6/15/09, Oklahoma City, OK

I thought the laser pointer criticism was funny in particular because Wayne Coyne was standing just offstage, and the Flaming Lips hand out laser pointers to the entire crowd.

That is exactly what I thought when jeff made the comment about the pointers. Are you sure Wayne was there, I didn't see him. I must have miscounted the nothings, sorry

That is exactly what I thought when jeff made the comment about the pointers. Are you sure Wayne was there, I didn't see him. I must have miscounted the nothings, sorry

Yes, he and his wife were stage right for the middle part of the show. I didn't seem them there at the beginning or end though. Also, the Heartless Bastards tweeted about it. http://twitter.com/thehbastards

Oh, and before I forget ... nice meeting Commerce Comet, Neil, MWB, the two young kids from San Antone, the tall dude and the platypus girl from Lubbock! (And anyone else I may have forgotten.)

Hope to see you down the road at future gigs.

:cheers

You too!

See if you can spot my new friend - Chris from Lubbock – in the crowd. He's 6'9" and always has a great view ...

That must be what I look like from behind, although I'm only 6'6" and was probably standing farther to the left.

Only one person asked me to take a picture this time. I hope it turned out OK.

As for the show, I was hoping that they would play Kingpin, but I did really enjoy Hoodoo Voodoo as the closer.

Does anyone know if someone recorded this show?

doubtful.. i didn't see any rigs. i don't even know if the coca-cola center allows taping. not a lot of tapers in oklahoma either..

my little review: The show was simply stunning. Not only was the musicianship top notch, but the "stagemanship" was really goofy and fun. You could tell they were having a blast. I just had so much fun. Lots of greats performances in there, but the highlights were REALLY strong versions of At least thats what you said, One Wing, Side With the Seeds, Impossible Germany (

), Walken, and Hoodoo Voodoo (normally not something i would have picked, but voodoo was AMAZING!!! OH MY GOD!!! Complete with dueling guitar solos from nels and pat.. man i hope a tape or video surfaces of that one!!)... looks like One Wing might be the strongest live song from the new album.. god it was AMAZING!!

doubtful.. i didn't see any rigs. i don't even know if the coca-cola center allows taping. not a lot of tapers in oklahoma either..

I talked to two guys who taped it. One said he had to use a Jedi mind trick on security to get his gear in the door, but was ultimately successful.

Hopefully these will surface soon.

I saw a rig behind me near the middle of the venue. Looking forward to hearing this show again.

That was Phil Busteed.

Here's the show in MP3 format, taken from iTunes. If you're on a Mac, just put the files in your iTunes Music Library ...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i5l0zz

ENJOY!

Some funny banter during Hummingbird (Sharpies, PowerPoint and more!)

web.jpg?ver=12452033020001

I'll try and get the FLAC version for those of you with more acute hearing. Here's the equipment he was using: Recorded by Phil Busteed using AKG C480 with CK63 (Hypercardoid capsule) >> Silver clad XLR mic cables >> Fostex FR-2 @ 24/48 ... using Audacity to dither the recording to 16/48 (CD quality) and track out the recording in CDwav editor.

My friend Eann and I made the trip up from Denton, TX. Not a bad drive, and OKC was a really great town. Wish we could've spent more time there, but my buddy had to work at 8am the next day, so we made a speed run. We were right in front of Nels at the front of the crowd. I must say....best.concert.experience.ever. During Spiders we both got to strum jeff's SG, which might be the highlight moment of either my life or at least my concert going life. The sharpies came from directly behind me...but don't worry, our section booed the shit outta whoever did it. I'm pretty sure Nels was going to kill the guy or girl who threw it if he found them. I've seen most of the songs on the setlist before, but it was still an amazingly great concert. I was highly impressed with Bull Black Nova...it got downright creepy there for a while. I'm hoping they'll swing through Dallas at some point this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the upload of this show - I was hoping it would surface eventually. I am not sure if Bricktown Events Center really allows tapers - however I do have a copy of the show they played there on 4/22/05, which was the first Wilco show I actually made it to. They played 4 encores from what I remember, and they did play One by One, Hesitating Beauty, Radio Cure. I've also got the Tulsa one from 9/22 from Cain's as well. Fairly new at this so not sure how I'd get them to anyone but I've traded to people I know that went to the show. Sound quality was pretty good, the bass was kind of hard to hear on the 4/22 one.

• 2 weeks later...