Now Playing: July 2009

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

matthew ryan - vs silver state

such a great record.

It really is... One of the few 7+minute songs that I don't want to end leading it off.

NP: New Lucero sampler. Great stuff... horns on just about every song and it really works. Looking forward to the full release.

61ToihXkd2L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

George Jones

Better leave that cell phone alone

Don't be talkin' as you try to get back home

If you don't change your ways my friend

You'll be singin' duets with Tammy again

I haven't heard anything about this? Is it released? How is it?

I haven't heard anything about this? Is it released? How is it?

It leaked a couple of days ago. It's a collection of unreleased songs from 2003-2008. It is slated for an official release 9/1/09. The only song I'd never heard before is "Mama Bake a Pie," which I like a lot. Several of the songs (George Jones Talkin', Car Dealer War, Well Runs Dry) were made available about 3 years ago as part of something called "Let There Be Rocktober." You can still download them for free here. Rebels is a Petty cover. Play It All Night Long a Zevon cover. Like a Rolling Stone is pretty obvious. Mrs. Claus' Kimono was released digitally a few years ago for free as a Christmas present from the band. TVA and Little Pony are from The Dirty South sessions and have circulating out there as part of a "Demos" collection of TDS. Uncle Frank was originally on Pizza Deliverance and Goode's Field Road was released on Brighter Than Creation's Dark. The track list for The Fine Print is:

1. George Jones Talkin’ Cell Phone Blues

2. Rebels

3. Uncle Frank (alternate version)

4. TVA

5. Goode’s Field Road (alternate version)

6. The Great Car Dealer War

7. Mama Bake A Pie (Daddy Kill A Chicken)

8. When The Well Runs Dry

9. Mrs. Claus’ Kimono

10. Play It All Night Long

11. Little Pony And The Great Big Horse

12. Like A Rolling Stone

The improved sound quality from what I had before is very nice. The covers or Rebels and Play It All Night Long are excellent. When the Well Runs Dry is way better than Jason's songs on A Blessing and a Curse. I also like the addition of pedal steel to George Jones Talkin' Cell Phone Blues. Overall, I think it's a very nice addition to The Truckers catalog.

Can you describe the Low Anthem? I think they're coming around here soon...

Cheers,

K

I've had one spin with the album. I'm sure there are many others here that could do a much better job describing them to you. I will say that I hear a strong Cowboy Junkies vibe. Other than I liked my first listen, I can't really give you any more.

I've had one spin with the album. I'm sure there are many others here that could do a much better job describing them to you. I will say that I hear a strong Cowboy Junkies vibe. Other than I liked my first listen, I can't really give you any more.

Thanks. That's enough to pique my interest. :)

Lucky_Town-%5BFront%5D-%5Bwww%5B1%5D.FreeCovers.jpg

REALLY diggin' the Boss lately, and falling in love with this album.

Very underrated album, IMHO. "Living Proof" is one of his greats......too bad it came out the same day as the dung that is "Human Touch."

Jack

ef78e03ae7a0aada6af12210.L._AA240_.jpg

13th Floor Elevators - Sign of the 3 Eyed Men (Disc 1)

cracker - sunrise in the land of milk & honey

i can't stop. i seriously think this is my album of the year.

That really is good, it was a real grower for me. It's in my top 5 for the year I think.

Now playing:

51X56N4ZJ4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg