Wilco 7.03.09 Red Rocks Amphitheatre

did anyone get a poster for the show? i'd love to see

I did get one. I even had the pleasure of shaking hands with the artist before the show. A true gentleman and class act. This will be the third poster of his I have hanging in my home. We're still in Denver at a Rockies game but I will post a pic of the poster when we get back to Texas. (unless someone beats me to it) btw what an Amazing show!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Everlasting sound?

So far, the only comment was about it being a low, from someone who dislikes the song.

It sounded great as "agonistes" mentioned. I would recommend everyone download this show when it appears.

:pray

According to Wilcobase and my scorekeeping in the tourbook that's the full-band debut of "Everlasting Everything." It was also the tour premieres of "It's Just That Simple," and "Ashes of American Flags." It was only the second show this tour for "Shouldn't Be Ashamed." Good job on getting that in on request. Looks like quite the variety package.

As we were listening to them sound check "Everlasting Everything" were saying the same thing. Needles to say Heather was as elated to hear this as I was for "Shouldn't Be Ashamed". This was a truly memorable show!!!

I haven't sat with Everlasting for over a decade yet, so I think I'd be more psyched for your pick.

I haven't sat with Everlasting for over a decade yet, so I think I'd be more psyched for your pick.

I was blown away as Jeff mentioned "this one was requested" and the first notes were played. :w00t I had my Matt (the fan) shirt on hoping he could see it because I wasn't bashful on each request letting him know we were flying in from Indy and giving my name. I will never forget this!!!

I was blown away as Jeff mentioned "this one was requested" and the first notes were played. :w00t I had my Matt (the fan) shirt on hoping he could see it because I wasn't bashful on each request letting him know we were flying in from Indy and giving my name. I will never forget this!!!

I saw that shirt last night...we were just a couple rows above the soundboard, a few seats to the left. You were walking around before Okkerville and I just noticed the shirt. Wouldn't have thought about it again until reading this. Killer show and I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Denver!

Nothing to add, really. It was a fabulous show. As an aside, I noticed at least three separate tapers set up right next to the soundboard, so I'm guessing the show will appear soon. One guy had about a dozen mikes on a single pole that rose a good 15 feet into the air, so he should end up with something pretty nice. Everyone should grab it.

that was by far the funnest wilco show ive been too.musically everything was perfect.the only song that had a rough start i thought was spiders.anyone know what kind of guitars jeff uses?that hollowbody sounds amazing.mostly curious what kind of acoustic he uses.it looks like a harmony but its probablly a a 5000 vintage martin or something.i was in the handicap section so i was front row so maybe you saw me ditty in the second row.flannel shirt, singing every song.got yelled at because i didnt clap with my hands over my head.but best wilco show ive been to.

that was by far the funnest wilco show ive been too.musically everything was perfect.the only song that had a rough start i thought was spiders.anyone know what kind of guitars jeff uses?that hollowbody sounds amazing.mostly curious what kind of acoustic he uses.it looks like a harmony but its probablly a a 5000 vintage martin or something.i was in the handicap section so i was front row so maybe you saw me ditty in the second row.flannel shirt, singing every song.got yelled at because i didnt clap with my hands over my head.but best wilco show ive been to.

I did see you and would agree "musically everything was perfect".

Jeff uses mostly Gibsons and Fenders.

*Electric guitars >> Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster [the hollowbody is also a Gibson, and I'm not sure which model it is. He pretty much uses it exclusively for "Walken," at least when I've seen Wilco. Keeps it tuned in open G]

*Acoustic guitars >> Gibsons and Martins, a variety of models & sizes. I believe he also plays a few Larivees...

*The Wilco Book has an interesting section on the band's gear, including a lot of Glenn's homemade percussion instruments...

Jeff uses mostly Gibsons and Fenders.

*Electric guitars >> Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster [the hollowbody is also a Gibson, and I'm not sure which model it is. He pretty much uses it exclusively for "Walken," at least when I've seen Wilco. Keeps it tuned in open G]

*Acoustic guitars >> Gibsons and Martins, a variety of models & sizes. I believe he also plays a few Larivees...

*The Wilco Book has an interesting section on the band's gear, including a lot of Glenn's homemade percussion instruments...

I'm pretty sure the hollowbody that Jeff plays on "Walken" is a Gibson Barney Kessel model. More info here.

thanks for the info guys.i love how hollow bodys sound so was curious.seems like that guitar has a hefty price tag, and he mostly only uses it for walken?what a waste.i must have been a nuisance with my singing then ditty, but if you see me again say hey.id be cool to meet alot of you guys so anytime theres a preshow meetup around kc shows,let me know.

Just got back home here after a wonderful weekend among the rockies...

The more I try to argue against it, the more it becomes all too clear that this was the best and most fun Wilco show that I've attended out of 20+ and thats with the 5 show residency included. Jeff and all the fellas were in such great spirits, there really must be something in the air up there to get so many legendary bands to play theyre very best at this awesome wonder of a venue. I wish I had better words to describe, the atmosphere and felling of this night would be tough to give justice to.

The more I try to argue against it, the more it becomes all too clear that this was the best and most fun Wilco show that I've attended out of 20+ and thats with the 5 show residency included. Jeff and all the fellas were in such great spirits, there really must be something in the air up there to get so many legendary bands to play theyre very best at this awesome wonder of a venue. I wish I had better words to describe, the atmosphere and felling of this night would be tough to give justice to.

It was Jason in the lot that made the night, wasn't it? Nice to meet/hang with you and your gal.

Good summary of an excellent show. I was center stage, just a few rows behind the sound board and it was truly an "epic" night. I've never seen Jeff having so much fun. They are truly in their element these days as a band with a tight sound and great chemistry on stage. It was a pure joy to watch Nels all night. He was just spectacular. Loved the new songs, particularly "One Wing," which is quickly becoming my favorite. The crowd was into it all night as mentioned earlier. I ended up standing the entire show as did everyone around me. There was plenty of "pungent odor," as Jeff said, all around me, but for the most part everyone was singing and dancing in their happy space. Well worth the trip in from Texas, and what a night under the open sky. No rain for the entire show and a great cool breeze blowing through. Couldn't have asked for much more. Woke up early this morning and made the two hour drive west to the mountains where I am currently sitting on the deck of a rented condo and watching the Eagle Rive flow by. Great start to a week's vacation, and I'll have those magical two-and-a-half hours ringing in my head all week long!

You must have been by us @ the show! We stayed @ a haus within walking distance to the venue on the mountain side. Then we headed up 9,000 ft to camp in the Roosevelt National Forest up from Nederland the next morning. Best Wilco show I have ever seen! The wind blowing, zillion foot boulders, beer vendor in the audience (fat tire in a can), everyone singing, amazing energy from the boys....yummy smells. Wasn't the wind storm right after the show ended amazing! Just rolled back into MO @ 6am monday morning. Thanks Wilco for the best show ever!

See ya back in Colorado in 2 weeks for some more camping...and much less beer!

They had more energy then I have ever seen them have! I felt like they never wanted to leave. Nobody wanted to leave! The amount of room they had on stage was awesome. Being on a mountain side under a Colorado sky with Wilco was the best Wilco experience I could ever have! The crowd was the most laid back & cool audience I have ever had the pleasure of being with. My calves hurt from the 5000 ft beer & bathroom runs though! Next time I am wearing diapers.

Was I the only drunk Wilco fan that gave my DNA & signed up to donate bone marrow @ one of the tables? That memory just hit me today. I hope they never call me to collect!