Wilco 7.03.09 Red Rocks Amphitheatre

That is an awesome picture!

Thanks for the quick turn-around on the recording! Pretty cool torrent site too, never heard or been there before. Can't wait to dl this bad boy after work!

I got the Jason Isbell/Justin Townes Earle concert I was at from April from the same site. Excellent.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sat 26th row, center and loved every second of this fantastic show. I really, really want a copy of this show but have not the slightest idea what to do with torrents or flac or shtn files. I know it's "uncool" amongst tapers but is there any chance someone out there might be willing to set me up with or take a trade for a copy of this show in .mp3 or on audio cds? Please? I'd be happy to trade another Wilco show (I must admit to not having many) or anything from my extremely vast collection of bootlegs from other bands. Contact me via email to lostsailor70@yahoo.com

I sat 26th row, center and loved every second of this fantastic show. I really, really want a copy of this show but have not the slightest idea what to do with torrents or flac or shtn files. I know it's "uncool" amongst tapers but is there any chance someone out there might be willing to set me up with or take a trade for a copy of this show in .mp3 or on audio cds? Please? I'd be happy to trade another Wilco show (I must admit to not having many) or anything from my extremely vast collection of bootlegs from other bands. Contact me via email to lostsailor70@yahoo.com

Flac is easier than ever now. Just download the FLAC files, and use this program to burn them direct to CD:

http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

Love the program, use it all the time.

Although it's generally not recommended, or even condoned, for that matter, you can then rip your CD back into iTunes or whatever program you use and convert them to MP3. Or if you really can't figure all of that out, PM me.

As a taper, I don't think we (tapers) think it's uncool to ask for snail-mail trades. If you don't have high speed internet, it's totally understandable.

Keep in mind that many of us have jobs, families, etc and we don't all have time to do trades. Also...consider asking the people that downloaded the FLAC's to help you out instead of tapers. We put a large amount of time into getting these recordings out there, and downloaders simply have to click their mouse button (and wait). It's not that I don't want to help you out. For me it's a lack of time, and also the thought that many people that email me asking for copies are simply to lazy to learn Bit Torrent (and for the record I don't necessarily think you're being lazy...but I don't think you're not either).

Bit Torrent is super easy. Don't sell yourself short. There are plenty of Bit Torrent FAQ's out there (Google is your friend for this). Just do a little reading (10 minutes of your life), and you will be in like Flynn. I'm pretty sure once you get going, you will kick yourself for not learning sooner.

So, hopefully, you will take the few minutes to learn Bit Torrent (I have faith in you)...and if not someone else that downloaded the recording can hook a brother (or sister) up.

Glad you guys are enjoying the recordings. And for your continued enjoyment the new COTAPERS website went live today! (and the Red Rocks Wilco show is up there as well...in case you haven't downloaded it yet). Lots of good music on there.

This section of the board deals with B&P and BT:

Reflecting Off Of Your CD

Do some old school trading/B+Ps here

In a Future Age

Discussion & posting of audio/video torrents

Also, there is a thread full of links that deal with Bit Torrent, Audio file conversion, How-to, Wilco show lists, etc.

There is also a thread at the top of the Reflecting Off Of Your CD that offers direction on how to do B&P. It seems to be down at the moment though.

I don't think very many people are willing to do B&P anymore.

As I have said before, if you can download files by way of Sendspace, Megaupload, etc., then you can figure out how to do Direct Download, and Bit Torrent.

Glad you guys are enjoying the recordings. And for your continued enjoyment the new COTAPERS website went live today! (and the Red Rocks Wilco show is up there as well...in case you haven't downloaded it yet). Lots of good music on there.

Thank you for your GREAT recording and the heads up on the new site! It is priceless to have this show and relive it.

Thanks to Wilco for allowing taping! :worship