7/11 Lowell

Guest zacincceo

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zacincceo

2. If you bought merchandise, I hope you can still tell what it is that you bought and it isn't soaked to shreds.

I ran from the field to the merch tent got another poster sleeve and then rain to the roofdeck to catch the SHORT encore ;)

My tour poster is ruined...... my wilcobread poster..... SAVED!!! :)

-Zac

7/12/90 RFK???

This was a monster, sustained winds, torrential downpour on baseball diamond to, mind you. A whole different enchilada, when you consider the painstaking care taken of a baseball field versus the old football field. The canopy coverage was minimal at best for the band, check some of the photos b/w impossible germany and itmwly. In twenty yrs of concert going this one is up there for me as an epic!

hey, I think I got a hold of your pic and posted it as well (see above). Got it sent to me this morning by my buddy Brian who works at UMass-Amherst and who got it from someone named John. Did you take this picture? I was probably about 10 feet behind you. Anyway..thanks.

And 7/12/90 at RFK? I was there too! Remember that lightning bolt that just about hit the stadium? That was a close one. And yes, Wilco basically had no cover while Jerry and the boys didn't appear to think twice since they had the coverage.

There was some dude who showed up about 1/2 way through the MVB set and he was yelling at someone on stage, he was complaining that it was too loud. Someone in a red flannel shirt convinced him that he should go stand somewhere else. I gotta give a big THANK YOU to whomever that was :beer I'll gladly buy you a drink if I ever run into you at a Wilco show!!!! I can't believe you would choose to stand 15 feet from the speakers at a rock show, and spend the entire time complaining over the volume.

after the 3rd or so song Jeff knelt down at the edge of the stage (John's side) and it looked like he said something to one of the photographers. did anyone catch what he said? i was @ nel's side and didn't notice him until he was done talking.

I'm pretty sure he was giving him some picks to give to the kids in the front row. Very cool!

Slightly off topic: It should be noted that Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Melissa Leo, & Amy Adams just began principal photography today in Lowell, MA for The Fighter.

As some of you may know, the film is about Lowell's own Mickey Ward and his half-brother Dickie Ecklund. Both boxers.

The film will be directed by David O'Russell.

I mention this only because it did cross my mind that maybe one of these actors would be at the show. They've been in town allegedly for a little while.

Kristofor

Here is a link to a few pics I took. I confess I stashed my camera during the downpour and was hoping Paul's made it home intact . As others have said, I felt like the band just always confirms for me why I love em so much - coming back out for that encore - the rain was really cascading onto parts of the stage and they were seriously stomping in puddles and as Lou said, very risky. They are good to their fans as they can be, every time. All 5 of us who went together just kept saying how completely on they were. JT was smiling a lot. Many great memories and great to see all the fans who travel to see Wilco, we have been lucky to meet so many great people along the way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24028190@N07/sets/72157621286907201/

Laurie

Eddie Vedder called from 1992 -- he wants his brown corduroy jacket back. :P

Don't knock on Ed......I am still waiting for my ultimate triple bill...Wilco, Pearl Jam and Neil Finn, There are a lot of connections (7 worlds, I'm not there, Jim O'Rourke, Ed's praise of Wilco, integrity) between the three despite the musical differences between Wilco and Pj. Eddie is for real

Here is a link to a few pics I took. I confess I stashed my camera during the downpour and was hoping Paul's made it home intact . As others have said, I felt like the band just always confirms for me why I love em so much - coming back out for that encore - the rain was really cascading onto parts of the stage and they were seriously stomping in puddles and as Lou said, very risky. They are good to their fans as they can be, every time. All 5 of us who went together just kept saying how completely on they were. JT was smiling a lot. Many great memories and great to see all the fans who travel to see Wilco, we have been lucky to meet so many great people along the way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24028190@N07/sets/72157621286907201/

Laurie

great pix!

I guess the next time I am at a Wilco show, I probably will not remember this online encounter. BUT if I run into a fan, sparking his bowl, losing himself in the music, who happens to be acting like a complete jerk, that may "spark" my memory and I will gladdy avoid brining up Conor Oberst. You know some words of wisdom, viachicago is a great board for a great band, and if your intentions are chatting, collecting, and trading music, you may want to learn some fundamentals of having a civil conversation. All I did was call you out on being a bit too close to the gay bashing line, and for not being able to form a reasonable argument against Conor's lyric writing ability. If you thought Conors outfit was silly, then fine (I thought he looked foolish) if you don't like him as a musician fine (some people have listed their personal reasons why they do not prefer his music) but what you shouldn't do is act they way you have been. If the worst thing you have on me is that you think I am pretentious, I'll take that, no biggie (but why, because I didnt curse you out? We are all WILCO fans on a MESSAGE BOARD lol we are all a bit pretentious), at least I don't get my kicks in life by acting like a complete dope to get rises out of people. I hope you don't spend your days 24/7 constantly finding faults in everything around you, pointlessly rediculing everyone that dares call you out on the fact that you are a jerk. I'm basing this off of the few posts that you have sent in my direction, but hey, I'm a glass half full guy, I'm assuming your apology for calling me a prick, shithead, etc is on its way soon! Maybe then we can have a real discussion on why you hate Conor Oberst, and everything else that I'm sure you hate, the list is sadly probably pretty long :ohwell

Wow...as a newbie here.. I can feel the love!!... I mean it is just pouring out of these posts... Man... at the next Boston area concert we should have a meet up and a big group hug... or maybe a therapy session...

HOW ABOUT THAT WILCO? ;~)

During Spiders Jeff came down and the let the kids standing next to us strum his guitar. He must have been really taken by them as he had a camera guy give them some guitar picks during the first few songs.

When we were at the will call window we heard a woman saying to the ticket guys "Jeff Tweedy is my brother" and she had a couple of kids in tow, so I'm assuming they are his neices/nephews... and I imagine they're the same kids who were getting so much attention from the band :)

Sweet thread! After all the name calling and insults perhaps someone can get around to a decent review of the show. It was Wilco for christsakes! I love Wilco but hate seeing them anywhere in MA thanks to the junk show that is Massachusetts (if you live in New England you understand). Lowell and Tanglewood were fine examples of this junk show of joey-bag-o-donuts from RI, guido/wannabe models straight out of the North End, people who can't mind their own business while texting, pushy, egocentric cops and hipster/yupster daddies trying to show their kids they can be cool (see, I can shit-talk just like the rest of them).

The boys seemed to be having a great time, Wilco played masterfully and only get better with age. Loved Wilco the song live, Deeper down was sick, Side with the seeds was rocking, Spiders. Conor was great, good to see musicians having a good time for once. Really looking forward to Portland since this show was cut short which I thought was "Rain or Shine"? Unless it pours, great planning. I hope you all enjoyed our pungent odors at the show...the only good thing going for mass.

Don't knock on Ed......I am still waiting for my ultimate triple bill...Wilco, Pearl Jam and Neil Finn, There are a lot of connections (7 worlds, I'm not there, Jim O'Rourke, Ed's praise of Wilco, integrity) between the three despite the musical differences between Wilco and Pj. Eddie is for real

I've been a huge PJ fan for all of my adult life, and I don't think that I've ever heard Ed mention Wilco. Curious -- what did he have to say about them? That's pretty cool.

Slightly off topic: It should be noted that Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Melissa Leo, & Amy Adams just began principal photography today in Lowell, MA for The Fighter.

As some of you may know, the film is about Lowell's own Mickey Ward and his half-brother Dickie Ecklund. Both boxers.

The film will be directed by David O'Russell.

I mention this only because it did cross my mind that maybe one of these actors would be at the show. They've been in town allegedly for a little while.

Kristofor

Ward v Gatti I - one of the best fights I have ever seen