Chicago Show Announcement On Monday

Hi all :)

I have tickets for the Oct 18th show - can't wait.

Can someone please help me out - I'm flying in for the show and need to get a hotel. Should I stay near the venue (which I think is near the University of Chicago?) or is it better to stay downtown? I will not have a car, so is it easy to get a taxi to the venue or does the el go there?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all :)

I have tickets for the Oct 18th show - can't wait.

Can someone please help me out - I'm flying in for the show and need to get a hotel. Should I stay near the venue (which I think is near the University of Chicago?) or is it better to stay downtown? I will not have a car, so is it easy to get a taxi to the venue or does the el go there?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Heya Brown Eyes Dreaming, I'm going too! Fun times will be had by all!

It's important to note that the Pavilion is part of UIC, not University of Chicago. If you get a hotel by University of Chicago, you're going to be a little far away. So, you'll want to stay near the University of Illinois - Chicago (UIC). However, I don't think there are too many hotels in the area (there's one by Ashland and Harrison, which I think is a Radisson, but that's the only one of which I know; that one would be accessible by bus or by walking about four blocks). UIC is right off the Blue Line (the Pavilion is by the east end of the Racine stop), so it's very convenient for taking the train. Hope this helps!

Heya Brown Eyes Dreaming, I'm going too! Fun times will be had by all!

It's important to note that the Pavilion is part of UIC, not University of Chicago. If you get a hotel by University of Chicago, you're going to be a little far away. So, you'll want to stay near the University of Illinois - Chicago (UIC). However, I don't think there are too many hotels in the area (there's one by Ashland and Harrison, which I think is a Radisson, but that's the only one of which I know; that one would be accessible by bus or by walking about four blocks). UIC is right off the Blue Line (the Pavilion is by the east end of the Racine stop), so it's very convenient for taking the train. Hope this helps!

Thanks uberblee :)

I think I'll probably come out for the weekend - try to do some touristy stuff. Might make sense to stay at a hotel downtown and take the train to the show.

Do VCers try to meet up pre-show? If so, I'd be game for that.