Chicago Show Announcement On Monday

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UIC. Too bad - sound isn't great, but it could be a big party. Hope they go for at least some GA.

The announcement said $39.50 for both reserved seats and main floor GA.

Also side note: UIC Pavilion capacity: 10,000 according to the Ticketmaster seating chart

The recent change of venue policy below is mighty nice:

http://www.uicpavilion.com/media/press-releases.php#wilco

Wilco (the concert)

Sunday, October 18 at 7:30pm — The UIC Pavilion in Chicago

Wilco have just announced details of their highly anticipated hometown show here, which will take place on Sunday, October 18 at Chicago’s UIC Pavilion. Tickets go on sale Saturday, July 25 at 10am for what is certain to be one of the highlights of the fall concert season.

With the recent release of their seventh studio album, Wilco (the album), the band not only experienced the most successful sales week in their 15 year history; they also continue to explore new ground sonically and artistically. Critical response on the new record has also been as strong as ever, including a 4-Star review in Rolling Stone Magazine. Spin Magazine calls the album “fantastic” and according to the L.A. Weekly, the record includes “some of the best songs of his [Jeff Tweedy] career.”

The UIC Pavilion is conveniently located on the corner of Harrison and Racine, on the campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago. The venue is easily accessible via the I-290 expressway or public transportation. In a recent change of venue policy, fans can now enjoy their favorite brew at The Pavilion, including selections from Goose Island, Stella, Bud and Miller.

Tickets On Sale Saturday, July 25 at 10:00 AM

Reserved tickets ($39.50) and Main Floor General Admission tickets ($39.50) will be available at The UIC Pavilion box office and all Ticketmaster outlets. To charge-by-phone call 800-745-3000. To order online, visit Ticketmaster.com.

How big is the UIC Pavilion in terms of attendance?

The announcement said $39.50 for both reserved seats and main floor GA.

Also side note: UIC Pavilion capacity: 10,000 according to the Ticketmaster seating chart

When used as a concert venue the arena seats up to 10,075 for end-stage shows, 7,924 for a 3/4-house shows, and 5,878 for 1/2-house shows. (according to Wikipedia)

being a fan of Phish, all their fans talk about how great UIC is and how they should've played there these past few tours. So I think this is a good choice, even though I only come to Chicago a few times a year.

I would've said UIC, Charter One, or taken a gamble and said Toyota Park :lol

Is there an alumni discount, per chance? Seriously, this is the scene of the crime for one of the best shows I ever saw -- R.E.M in 1988 (I think).

And, since I am going on vacation tomorrow, one of my favorite VC peeps needs to get me a GA ticket for which you will be reimbursed (Wendy, I'm looking at you :lol)

Is there an alumni discount, per chance? Seriously, this is the scene of the crime for one of the best shows I ever saw -- R.E.M in 1988 (I think).

And, since I am going on vacation tomorrow, one of my favorite VC peeps needs to get me a GA ticket for which you will be reimbursed (Wendy, I'm looking at you :lol )

Man, I wish!

Back a few years ago when I was a student there, Kanye West played and they had a student exclusive pre-sale at the box office, but not at a discount. I'd be all over a pre-sale, but I haven't seen anything come over the massmail. If I get anything I'll pass it along to the board. The last big concert they had there was the Killers earlier this year, and I don't remember them doing a student presale for that one.

Can't really speak much to the acoustics of the Pavilion; I've only been there for basketball games and commencement.

Still super excited!

Where is this Chicago you speak of?

Wahoo Looks like i am going to be late to work tomorrow. I have a feeling that my car will miraculously start at about 10:10 tomorrow morning

It's good that there are three presales, so if the 10 AM one tomorrow sells out quickly, we'll have two other chances.

looking forward to it! Did you ever get the 2/13 or the 2/14 show? Bummed that it has not shown up yet...

looking forward to it! Did you ever get the 2/13 or the 2/14 show? Bummed that it has not shown up yet...

Not yet, kind of expected them to turn up on Owl & Bear myself. Wonder who taped those shows.

kinda wishing they had a few more Fall dates to announce with this one, as there might be quite a few folks that might be a bit more eager to come see a Wilco show in Chicago. I'd expect this to be a tough ticket, but it should serve as a fine venue that will be able to cater to the amount of people that are gonna want to go to this show. hopefully tickets going on-sale so far in advance might shy some away in thinking there is plenty of time to secure tickets up lstr

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Long day and i'm sure i'm missing the obvious but does anybody know the link to the front gate ticket presale?

I went on their web page and searchd "wilco" and found nothing.

Wilco returns to Chicago on Sunday October 18th at UIC Pavilion and we have two presales happening at wilcoworld, both beginning tomorrow (Tuesday) -- the first at 10am CDT via our normal partner, Front Gate. The second commences at noon CDT throughTicketmaster. Send an e-mail to chicago@wilcoworld.net to receive the password for presale #2.