NHL 2010-2011 Season Thread

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the game, but I gotta tell you, the one team I would fear would be the habs. The ghost of '72 would loom large for me. It rivaled the '69 Cubs for sports sorrow in Chicago in that era.

Edit: The Flyers now tied with the Bruins??? You gotta be kidding me!

I'm as stunned as anyone. I think we really could be looking at a MTL-CHI cup final. :blink

And Dryden in the early 70s (71?). The is a Canadians tradition of goalies coming out of nowhere to win a cup. Halak certainly stole that series. And after the Olympics, and now this, the debaate about who is better between Crosby and Ovechkin will disappear for a while.

Better at golf? Muhahahahahaaaaaaa

Montreal looked real good last night. I dont believe they will come this far to lose in the Eastern Conference Finals so I'm just going to say they are in the Cup. They have the two best players right now, Halak and Cammalieri, with a hot Gionta.

I understand that Pens' fans are disappointed but a lot are lashing at Crosby. I know he isnt the most popular player but the kid has accomplished everything. He is not going to win every year, take it easy fans.

of course i know he is but ive read a lot of comments from Canadian-born people, that he isnt well liked. heck, we've discussed it here, people dubbed him a cry-baby and all that.

i personally dont have a problem with him. he does a lot for the sport and if he wasnt here, the NHL would be in a much worst place, nationally-speaking.

How F'ing nuts would a Boston-Montreal Conference Final be?? One of the great playoff rivalries in sports. I think it would be one of the hardest fought series imaginable. Not to discount Philly, they could win and have a GREAT series v. Montreal (just minus some of the bad blood going in, but I'm sure they'd develop it in no time)!

How F'ing nuts would a Boston-Montreal Conference Final be?? One of the great playoff rivalries in sports. I think it would be one of the hardest fought series imaginable. Not to discount Philly, they could win and have a GREAT series v. Montreal (just minus some of the bad blood going in, but I'm sure they'd develop it in no time)!

Bs v Habs would be ideal. But Boston is hurting. This is only the 6th time a team has come back from being down 0-3 to force a game 7.

Boston and Montreal played in the 1st or 2nd round two years ago, it was a very good series and went to 7 games...game 6 was one of the best hockey games I've ever seen.* Personnel has turned over since then, but the fans in both cities are hardcore.

* that was the series where Ron Maclean announced Game 7 with "Impossible Boston, Unlikely Montreal!" He's a big Wilco fan.

I'll have to try and download Game 7 and see this Philly miracle with my own eyes. Unbefuckinglievable.

of course i know he is but ive read a lot of comments from Canadian-born people, that he isnt well liked. heck, we've discussed it here, people dubbed him a cry-baby and all that.

i personally dont have a problem with him. he does a lot for the sport and if he wasnt here, the NHL would be in a much worst place, nationally-speaking.

As a Canadian I can say Crosby is the most popular player. I think earlier on in his career he got labeled a "cry-baby" by some fans but that was only a small backlash by serious hockey fans. He's silenced a lot of the critics by winning the cup and of course the gold medal winning goal. He could have run for Prime Minister after that goal.

Disappointed in Boston... how do you blow a 3-0 series lead AND a 3-0 lead in game 7. That's fucking crazy. It was almost like they didn't want to win. A Habs vs Bruins eastern final would have been epic... maybe next year.

As a Canadian I can say Crosby is the most popular player. I think earlier on in his career he got labeled a "cry-baby" by some fans but that was only a small backlash by serious hockey fans. He's silenced a lot of the critics by winning the cup and of course the gold medal winning goal. He could have run for Prime Minister after that goal.

Not sure if it was a small backlash, but I do think he is beginning to get the respect - which he deserves.

Crosby grew up quick and learned to cook in the kitchen. However he was most definitely a cry baby and through him self to the ice quite a bit.

Again Crosby is a great player, fun to watch, and I am glad he grew up.

EDIT: Love the Wing Player nailing him... Wings 2011!

Disappointed in Boston... how do you blow a 3-0 series lead AND a 3-0 lead in game 7. That's fucking crazy. It was almost like they didn't want to win. A Habs vs Bruins eastern final would have been epic... maybe next year.

Yeah, that is just..... stunning. Seeing Recchi after the game complaining about the too many men call made me laugh. I mean, c'mon! You lose 4 straight, and blow a 3-0 in a game 7. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

Funny video, but I only saw one (maybe two) obvious dives in that clip. I think Crosby's proving to be at least as rugged as Gretzky or Lemieux were, and sometimes he gets targeted almost as much as Lindros used to be.

Funny video, but I only saw one (maybe two) obvious dives in that clip. I think Crosby's proving to be at least as rugged as Gretzky or Lemieux were, and sometimes he gets targeted almost as much as Lindros used to be.

Oh come on, there were more dives in there than that.

I do agree that he is becoming that rugged player. He out did himself getting to the net this playoff season and was taking it for the team.

He is MOST certainly targeted as much as Lindros.

EDIT: I looked for a bunch of videos today of him diving, and tried to find the best one. Maybe I am putting dives from other videos into the one I posted.

Oh come on, there were more dives in there than that.

I do agree that he is becoming that rugged player. He out did himself getting to the net this playoff season and was taking it for the team.

He is MOST certainly targeted as much as Lindros.

EDIT: I looked for a bunch of videos today of him diving, and tried to find the best one. Maybe I am putting dives from other videos into the one I posted.

OLE OLE OLE OLE HABS IN 6 THEN THEY WIN THE CUP IN 7 IL BE IN THE STREETS OF MONTREAL SOAKING IT UP

I was cheering for an all Canadian Stanley Cup Final.

But since Vancouver is out, I am going for Boston, and if not Boston than Philadelphia

Well, San Jose making the Cup would kinda be like an all-Canadian Cup final, with the all-Canadian top line, Boyle, Blake, Setoguchi, Malhotra, Clowe, etc....

OLE OLE OLE OLE HABS IN 6 THEN THEY WIN THE CUP IN 7 IL BE IN THE STREETS OF MONTREAL SOAKING IT UP

You'd be a brave man.

And we start back up today/tonight! Freaking NHL, 2 series left and they'll play on the same days for games 1-2. It wouldn't be better to have 1 game every night?

I think the Habs winning, is obviously partly because of the team stepping it up but it undoubtatly speaks to how weak the Eastern conference is. It'll be interesting to see how whoever comes out of the east does against SJ or Chi.